Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to disconnect the Passenger Airbag sensor, or just make it not beep?
The reason i ask is because i drive around with my dog a lot and he activates the sensor now that he has gotten bigger (about 75 pounds).
Any ideas would be great, besides putting him on a diet lol.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
Disconnecting any component of the SRS system will cause the light to come on and the entire system will be disabled. Put him in your pick up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Disconnecting any component of the SRS system will cause the light to come on and the entire system will be disabled. Put him in your pick up.
Sold my truck last year so that's out of the questions. I dont mind the light coming on when hes in the seat its the continuous beeping that i am trying to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Put the seatbelt on him?

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Seat belt light or air bag light and beep? Never heard an air bag beep.

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Seat belt light or air bag light and beep? Never heard an air bag beep.
The air bag dose not beep. You hear the beep because the system has detected some weight in the seat. The only safe way to stop the beep is fasten the seat belt. You don't have to put it around the dog.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,476 Posts
Sounds like its the seatbelt chime going off. If so, you can turn that off (I did it to mine a week into ownership, couldn't stand that annoying sound).

I forget the exact sequence of events, something like put ignition in Run, buckle/unbuckle seatbelt 3 times, stand up, turn around, do the hokey-pokey...well maybe not that exact sequence, but something similarly involved.

There's a post in the Tips 'N Tricks sub-forum titled something like 100 Challenger Tips, the seatbelt chime deactivation procedure is in there somewhere. I'd search for it myself, but this POS blackberry I've got makes anything to do with the internet an exercise in frustration.

Nuke

Reactions: 2013Redline

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had the this problem in my Subaru, my pup is around the same weight (70 lbs). I cut a belt buckle piece out of a donor and just plug it in whenever he is in the car. What I like is in the Outback there is a button to turn off the passenger airbag as well, just in case. Guess my point is that if you found a spare buckle that would save you having to doink with the belt whenever he rides with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts