2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi A Guy

"The video you are trying to view is not accessible in your country" :(

I guess all the Euro privacy regulation sh!t that has just been introduced has banned me from this site, glad we voted to leave the EEC.

Regards

Dereck

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yeah, that sucks.

Drive anything on the street though and it's always at risk. Gotta love dad's attitude.

Mean-while I am glad they highlighted this story the back ground on the family history with the car should help wake people up to the problem of distracted driving. Loss of property, even old property that breaks your heart is still way better than people hurt or killed. This could have been so very much worse.

I have no sympathy for the distracted driver and honestly it's gotten so very bad I hope they through as many charges her way as they can come up with. Who among us hasn't had some weave into our lane and when you look over at the driver that DAMNED PHONE is so very often in their hand.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I ride a motorcycle most of the time when the weather is good, and I've lost count of the number of times folks have nearly wrecked me from drifting into my lane while they are on their damned phone.

Hope that poor guy can eventually get his car back together. It sucks to have your dream ruined by an idiot.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I frequently notice the person behind me looking at their phone and I look for a place to turn off, or switch lanes to get away from them. While riding my motorcycle across SD to Sturgis I passed a young woman driving 85-90 while holding her iPad on the steering wheel with here thumbs.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Oh but they are young and able to multitask while driving. Right.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi A Guy

"The video you are trying to view is not accessible in your country" :(

I guess all the Euro privacy regulation sh!t that has just been introduced has banned me from this site, glad we voted to leave the EEC.

Regards

Dereck
It wasn't about the Model A, it was about distracted driving. And It's not unusual on Youtube for videos to not be available in EU, but in the US...and visa versa. The new regulations are about ads served by the sites, so it shouldn't affect a video. A Guy

·
Registered
266 Posts
GET OFF THE ****ING PHONE!

If that was mine I would've backhanded him/her so hard they'd have my palm imprinted on their cheek.
If this ever happens to me in my Trans Am, I hope the person tries to run on foot. I enjoy a good chase... And so does my German Sheppard who is usually in the car with me hehehe >:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
It should be legal to take a phone out of the hand of a driver (who's been looking at it while driving) and beat them about the head and shoulders with it.
Sometimes I just rev bomb them when I see it at a stop light. Especially when I’m on the motorcycle. 11k rpms and no muffler scares the crap out of people.

·
Registered
834 Posts
She had a 20 minute head start on foot and only made it to a nearby neighborhood? Was she texting and running too?

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
She had a 20 minute head start on foot and only made it to a nearby neighborhood? Was she texting and running too?
Probably had to stop and post pictures and a fabricated story on her Facebook page.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts