Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm running a 2015 5.7 A8. I originally installed the zoomers cat back and was fairly satisfied with the sound. Eventually I changed my mind about heavy modding and installed some Kook's long tubes and high flow mids. The car sounded a lot better and I picked up some oomph with the tune but I couldn't get the catback to fit the mids properly. I had my muffler shop refit the cat back to the mids while also making me an xpipe after the high flow cats. This quieted the car down significantly except at WOT. I don't love the sound (I read somewhere the zoomers sounded weird with an xpipe) and I am getting ready to start modding the engine (exhaust chokes down to 2.25 inch right now) so I was thinking of having my shop do a 3 inch catback with straight through magnaflow mufflers and no resonators. I know the newest RT's have a 2.75 or 2.85 exhaust diameter so I'm not hugely worried about torque loss (Already have 3 inch collectors and mids and the car is quicker). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with such a setup soundwise as I'm having a bit of trouble finding examples on youtube. Thanks guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts