Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many have tried this yourself...looking at putting on a tail stripe on my Challenger. When looking at the Big Worm site they say $45 for this. The guy I was talking to says he wants $85 bucks per hour, and thinks this would be about 3 hrs. to do. It seems the guy from BW does this in about 15 minutes from the video.

Thinking of just doing this myself. Wondering if any of you who have tried this? A good idea or not?

Thanks

Rich

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Just wondering how many have tried this yourself.............looking at putting on a tail stripe on my challenger, when looking at the Big Worm site they say $ 45.00 for this...........guy I was talking to say he wants $ 85 bucks per hour, and thinks this would be about 3 hrs to do.........seems like the guy from BW does this in about 15 minutes from the video.

Thinking of just doing this myself.............wondering if any of you who have tried this..........good idea or not.

Thanks

Rich
Is he missing an arm and sporting a peg leg?

If someone told me 3 hours for a pre-cut decal I'd backhand them so hard their unborn children would flinch at the sight of me.

Hopefully this helps:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is he missing an arm and sporting a peg leg?

If someone told me 3 hours for a pre-cut decal I'd backhand them so hard their unborn children would flinch at the sight of me.

Hopefully this helps:

2015-17 Challenger Scat Pack Style stripes - YouTube
Good one Praise, I thought that 3 hr deal was a little over the top myself..........cant seem to get hold of the guy who did my hash marks, so I thought I would try a different company.........after that quote I thought maybe I could pull this off myself. The guy in the video makes it look like a piece of cake. lol

Just was curious on how many of you guys have tried this for the first time with success ..........after watching the guy do my hash marks, I thought , that looked pretty easy, could have done that myself............thinking the tail stripe wont be that easy.

Rich

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Good one Praise, I thought that 3 hr deal was a little over the top myself..........cant seem to get hold of the guy who did my hash marks, so I thought I would try a different company.........after that quote I thought maybe I could pull this off myself. The guy in the video makes it look like a piece of cake. lol

Just was curious on how many of you guys have tried this for the first time with success ..........after watching the guy do my hash marks, I thought , that looked pretty easy, could have done that myself............thinking the tail stripe wont be that easy.

Rich
Just take as long as you need to, it's not rocket science and it's not permanent. The worst, and very unlikely, thing that happens is you mess up and have to re-buy the stripe.

You'll need something to spray water, a squeegee with a felt side, and some automotive masking tape, and make sure you wash the car and clean the area with alcohol prior to installation.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
A squirt of dishsoap in a sprayer bottle is all you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts