Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Silly right!! ... but my 5.7 can easily get 23mpg, and you can tell at times when in ECO mode. Was wondering if all the rest, 392's, 6.1 etc have the ECO mode. thanks.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
On my '15 A8 SRT 392 I could get around 26 MPG when I wanted to. The MDS for the auto transmission helps but I still can average over 21 MPG on my new 426 stroker without MDS. 8 speed autos are the key IMO.

·
Registered
168 Posts
On my '15 A8 SRT 392 I could get around 26 MPG when I wanted to. The MDS for the auto transmission helps but I still can average over 21 MPG on my new 426 stroker without MDS. 8 speed autos are the key IMO.
As in for only during bouts of Highway cruising at 55mph?

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
My 16 SRT has ECO, starts in 2nd gear and has a different program to engage MDS sooner. Gets 28 mpg at 72 mph which is about the fastest I can go before MDS kicks out then the mpg drops to 24.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
And I should say that ECO is different than MDS. All automatic 392s have MDS but only SRT and 2019 Scat Packs have factory ECO mode, it was part of the SRT Performance Pages. (Tazer will get ECO on 15-18 Scat Packs).

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
And I should say that ECO is different than MDS. All automatic 392s have MDS but only SRT and 2019 Scat Packs have factory ECO mode, it was part of the SRT Performance Pages. (Tazer will get ECO on 15-18 Scat Packs).

And not to mention no gas guzzler tax :)

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
But you pay for an 8spd that costs more then the tax....
I paid $400 more. Love the M6 but that was the best $400 I ever spent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 6.1 does not have the eco. Its getting 13 no matter what lol. Maybe a little better on the freeway, but not by more than a couple miles per gallon.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,188 Posts
18 avg here, 6 spd, do not have the skip shift activated

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
how much gas do you save with the eco mode? are you using less power like in valet mode?

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
how much gas do you save with the eco mode? are you using less power like in valet mode?
Not much, maybe 1 mpg. Most of the savings comes from the MDS which will activate in most conditions whether you have ECO or not. It does start in 2nd gear in ECO so that saves a little but there is no lowered power, if you stomp it it will go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts