Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,759 Posts
Should be all...if not, go elsewhere

A Guy

·
Registered
61 Posts
yes, they should all accept orders. But shop around because just like a purchase off the lot, they all deal with orders differently. Price is negotiable as well as deposit (some may say no refund if canceled, others will be ok with a cancellation or require you to apply the deposit to a new order or off the lot purchase). There's also negotiating your trade in if you're doing that, even when ordering a new car. And the big one - will they lock in current incentives with the opportunity to choose a better incentive at time of delivery (if there is one), or will they say you only get what incentives are available when the car is delivered?

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Find a place that has done it numerous times. Ask for the Fleet Manager.

·
Registered
269 Posts
take the above advice, i shopped three dealers and picked the last one.... he was the only one who offered anything on his end for the discount all the others wanted pretty much msrp-rebate...just a fyi in jan when i ordered my car it was 4 k rebate and dealer gave 4.5k off so 8500 drop from msrp.

rebate is down to 2k but dealer profit is the same so id try to get 6500 off if i was shopping now, if not id wait and try ordering next spring

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can I go into any dodge dealership and order a vehicle or is it only some of them?
They should all take orders. But there are a lot on dealer lots right now, you looking for something super unique?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Should be all...if not, go elsewhere

A Guy

This. The first dealership acted like I was speaking a foreign language. They switched me to two sales managers, and still reacted that way. If they are really managers, they acted like I was crazy but played along. No one called me back.

I went to another dealership, and the sales guy (not manager) worked with me every step of the process. I probably "overpaid" a bit, meaning maybe didn't get the rock bottom price. I was happy, he was happy, and it was a great experience.

Anyhow, the first dealership called me back about a month later. And still don't get it. Sometimes it's hard to give people your business. I didn't want to waste my time or energy talking about how they missed out on a sale, etc, etc.

3 months later, I got my car. The experience continue to be on the same high standard.

Some dealership will get it. Some just don't.

·
Premium Member
3,401 Posts
First dealer I went to refused to order the car the way I wanted it, M6. Said they only sold A8 cars. Also refused to let me test drive a Challenger. Crazy.
Next dealer I went to had me test driving an M6 Scat Pack off their lot in literally 10 minutes.
Ordered my car exactly like I wanted it. They were genuinely concerned I be happy with the car.
Don't be afraid to walk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m looking to order because there’s not many in my state with a good price and if I go to another state, I have to pay sales tax but I don’t in my state

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sales tax should be collected by the state where it’s registered, not by the state where you bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sales tax should be collected by the state where it’s registered, not by the state where you bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, all taxes and fees are by the state you register the vehicle.
Well other than dealership fees, i mean government fees

·
Premium Member
10,280 Posts
I’m looking to order because there’s not many in my state with a good price and if I go to another state, I have to pay sales tax but I don’t in my state
On an out of state purchase you do NOT pay sales tax to the state where you buy a vehicle, it gets registered to your home state and the tax is whatever your state collects which is ZERO.

·
Vendor
13,145 Posts
Im sure you will still need to pay your county or state sales tax, we have a dedicated title clerk that specifically handles all our out of state registration

·
Super Moderator
17,110 Posts
First dealer I went to refused to order the car the way I wanted it, M6. Said they only sold A8 cars. Also refused to let me test drive a Challenger. Crazy.
Next dealer I went to had me test driving an M6 Scat Pack off their lot in literally 10 minutes.
Ordered my car exactly like I wanted it. They were genuinely concerned I be happy with the car.
Don't be afraid to walk.
That's the example of a "not so great" dealership vs. one that actually works with the customer and understands when someone wants to do business vs. shooting the breeze.

Ordering / pre-sold orders are the most straightforward transaction - dealer doesn't have to order it / store it on their lot and wait for a customer to show up that would want to buy that particular example.

for the ones that "won't" order an M6 - go find another dealer that will.

My dealer (2nd Challenger) was a bit 'nervous' about ordering a Torred car with Ruby / black leather - and they wanted an extra $1k as deposit...which was no big deal, since deposit went towards the down payment / purchase.

I suppose their concern was having a buyer back out / fall through on the purchase.

I still remember my first dealer (1st Challenger) had ordered an '08 Plum Crazy SRT8 Charger - sat on their lot for > 2 years and finally moved it with a $10K cut off MSRP...
-I used to stop by and visit my salesman or pick up parts and ask about that Charger...it moved around on their lot as they demolished their old buildings and built a new showroom / service department. And I'll be the owner was thrilled they finally sold it.

from that point on, they were not ordering any Chargers in unusual / bright colors unless it was a customer order...

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im sure you will still need to pay your county or state sales tax, we have a dedicated title clerk that specifically handles all our out of state registration
Or you can get lucky like me and show up when the car I liked was just taken off the truck. With a TR6060. I will give you guys a plug here. Steve White Motors is very easy to deal with
:cool:

·
Vendor
13,145 Posts
mis-conception, you will pay sales tax, either to the selling dealer or when your vehicle is registered in your state,

·
Super Moderator
17,110 Posts
Or you can get lucky like me and show up when the car I liked was just taken off the truck. With a TR6060. I will give you guys a plug here. Steve White Motors is very easy to deal with
:cool:
Steve White (at this present time)

has 3 M6 Challengers in Gold Rush (this color goes out of production 7/31/21)
T/A 5.7 w/ M6
T/A 392 w/ M6
T/A 392 Widebody M6

the only other model available in Gold Rush is the Hellcat models but require the $3.5K black satin painted graphics (hood / roof / trunk) in order to have that specific color

1 - 20 of 20 Posts