Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all (year) RTs have the HEMI emblem on the hood by the vents?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
YES.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
unless the owner has removed them......YES......at least I've never seen an RT that doesn't doesn't have it. Thats usually the 1st thing I look for to see if its an SE or not.

SRT's have 6.1L HEMI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of my friends has a silver Challenger... and she had a ton of pics up at first online (we live in different states)... then she deleted all the "stock pics" and uploaded 2 pics with R/T badge on the grill, RT stripes on the side and possibly the go wing spoiler (cant remember if it had a spoiler when stock). After I saw the pics, i realized she has the SE model and put RT badges on it. eeeeeek!! I know she thanked some shop for the vinyl stripes on the sides and putting badges on- i thought her hood was missing something.

What kind of gave it away was her wheels- they looked kind of small and not what I normally see.

It is her car after all and she makes fun of my C5 in a loving way saying it isnt bad, but it isnt a Challenger. lol (this is leet posting... duke rarely visits this board but I joined for him)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
The 2009, 2010 R/T model year has the block style HEMI badges. The 2011 R/T model year HEMI badges are slightly smaller with a slight lean. But besides that the all come from teh factory with HEMI Badges!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well...
These Challenger R/Ts come from the factory WITHOUT "HEMI" badges on the hood:

1) If you get an R/T with the "Exterior Appearance Group" (with the T/A style hood and Go-Wing) you DO NOT get a HEMI (or any) emblem on the hood.

2) If you get a Mopar 10 R/T (with the T/A style hood) you DO NOT get a HEMI emblem on the hood, but you DO get a "MOPAR 10" emblem on the hood.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
Well...
These Challenger R/Ts come from the factory WITHOUT "HEMI" badges on the hood:

1) If you get an R/T with the "Exterior Appearance Group" (with the T/A style hood and Go-Wing) you DO NOT get a HEMI (or any) emblem on the hood.

2) If you get a Mopar 10 R/T (with the T/A style hood) you DO NOT get a HEMI emblem on the hood, but you DO get a "MOPAR 10" emblem on the hood.

all R/T's with the base hood have the Hemi Emblems on them.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
that is not the base R/T hood, reason why it does not have the Hemi badge.
LOL... hence the >
(Sarcasm)
But since it was the ONLY Hood available on that car... it is technically the "Base Mopar'10 hood".

And for the new Challengers there is no such thing as a base "R/T Hood"... that is the base hood period.
v6, 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 it matters not... same hood.
The emblems used have nothing to do with the hood, but rather what resides beneath it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had them removed when I painted the car, I prefer the stealth look, I don't go around shouting I've got an R/T or whatever. What's under the hood is between me and the road.

All the SE's around here just about have r/t spoilers added, so I usually look for the dual pipes. VERY rarely will a v6 owner put on a dual pipe and the proper rear lower facia/bumper.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Mine does,note no stripes and the order sheet did not have stripe delete.
I like it this way, I spent all my early hotrod days, removing every door handle, hood ornament and trunk latch that I found. Filed the holes with lead (bondo hadn't been invented yet)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts