Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if Challenger owners follow any unwritten rule of waving to someone driving by in another Challenger?

Reason I ask is I just bought my first Challenger last week. I had a Corvette, which almost every Corvette owner waves to each other. Was very cool and felt like a tight group. So far I've driven by 3 different Challengers, I waved but nadda back to me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wave to every challenger I see, I get waves or thumbs up back about 75 percent of the time. I always felt like it was a pretty cool feeling when both owners of whatever car wave, makes it feel more like a brotherhood.

Reactions: DakBuilder

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Wondering if Challenger owners follow any unwritten rule of waving to someone driving by in another Challenger?

Reason I ask is I just bought my first Challenger last week. I had a Corvette, which almost every Corvette owner waves to each other. Was very cool and felt like a tight group. So far I've driven by 3 different Challengers, I waved but nadda back to me.
I tried this morning, waving to an elderly gentleman in his R/T with some really nice wheels but he was very focused on the road, which is GOOD! because he looked to be about 140yrs.

I average about a 4:1 wave ratio around Raleigh, I just figure the ones who don't wave aren't car people but I always try to wave.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I do.... No one ever waves back.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always felt like it was a pretty cool feeling when both owners of whatever car wave, makes it feel more like a brotherhood.
Yes, I completely agree! It makes you feel like your part of a club of some sort, as it was almost a given with Corvette owners so hopefully other Challenger owners will reciprocate because I'll still wave regardless. :icon_smile:

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
I flash my lights. Sometimes the other guy beats me to it first. I get a good response from the R/T owners, not so much from the SE's.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yep, every time, carryover from riding motorcycles. Some wave back, others don't, doesn't stop me from waving!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've had mine about a month and a half, and doesn't seem like other Owners are waving much, to me either. Oh well. I'll keep trying!!

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I wave to every challenger I see, I get waves or thumbs up back about 75 percent of the time. I always felt like it was a pretty cool feeling when both owners of whatever car wave, makes it feel more like a brotherhood.
I think I may have waved at you before, see quite a few challengers on DM.

A few times people will wave to me but I'm not paying attention and don't get the chance to wave back before they pass.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I live in a small town, not many Challenger's but I always wave and when I take it to football games in Stillwater, everyone waves at me in my Hemi orange and black car, colors of the OSU Cowboys!
I also work at the local DCJR dealership so I always recognize the cars we've sold. It's the same "wave" the HD people have.. Proud ownership :)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I flash lights, wave and thumbs up. Some of my gesture have gone unnoticed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wave and agree it is an great feeling knowing you both are driving an awesome machine. About 50-50 on waves back and a couple actual stop and admires ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Holy crap small world, now that you say that I think ive seen you on base a few times!

I think I may have waved at you before, see quite a few challengers on DM.

A few times people will wave to me but I'm not paying attention and don't get the chance to wave back before they pass.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Yep, every time, carryover from riding motorcycles. Some wave back, others don't, doesn't stop me from waving!
Ha yeah exactly! I ALWAYS would wave at other bikers on the road when I used to ride. When I had a lifted Jeep, same thing. Now with my Challenger...same! I wave to them ALL and if next to them in traffic give a few REVS of that Hemi music! :cheers:

·
Registered
321 Posts
This is funny... I was just thingk about this at work... Everytime I see one... I give the head nod....Most of the time I see a lot of RT guys... then they want to ask about the SRT at the light...So I show them the diff....lmao.. then I wave...:browsmiley::thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I always wave at fellow Challenger owners, and almost always get a wave back. Just the other day I was leaving a Mighty Fine hamburger place and got a wave back from a guy in sweet B5 classic RT.
It's also great to go into a store and come out to find another challenger parked next to mine. Love seeing that, much better than finding a poorly parked dumbass and having to examine my car to make sure they didn't hit her! I see another challenger there and I can probably trust it was done so with care :p

1 - 20 of 98 Posts