Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wave. Right after I got mine I passed one coming at me and I just automatically waved. I wave every time I see another. :wave:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just get excited when I see this car going down the road, so I wave all the time, even when I forget that I'm not driving the SRT!!! I am such a blonde. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I get it all the time and try to when I see another. Usually I'm too slow on the response though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I try to wave but with city driving a 6speed and having my windows up, can't coordinate putting it down and getting my hand out in time.
But when headed to ocean city on rt. 50 always wave/flash lights/give thumbs up to fellow challenger owners.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wave every time, usually get a wave back. Not many of us here in Lynchburg,VA

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
My First Thumb up

Here in Disneyland, Ca I haven't seen that many Challengers but when I do I do try to give the thumb-up. Haven't got a response back.

Today why waiting to make a left turn an all Black 2011/2012 Camaro passed we made eye contact and he gave me a thumbs up as I qiuckly gave him a thumbs-up in return.

So far that has been the only acknowledgment from another muscle car owner.

Aircav

·
Registered
814 Posts
Those of us here at CT, are obviously not just Challenger owners, but Challenger owners who are really IN to our car. Real enthusiasts, so to speak.

I often wonder...what percentage of Challenger owners we make up...

Anyways, where I am going with this is...there are some people who own and love their Challengers (us), but there is also a large portion who "just happen to own" a Challenger.

My guess is, that's the difference between those who wave, and those who don't...?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree because everyday I'm out I spot at least 3 challengers a day then I post here on CT in the "New York spotted thread" asking who challenger was that and never get a response..

Those of us here at CT, are obviously not just Challenger owners, but Challenger owners who are really IN to our car. Real enthusiasts, so to speak.

I often wonder...what percentage of Challenger owners we make up...

Anyways, where I am going with this is...there are some people who own and love their Challengers (us), but there is also a large portion who "just happen to own" a Challenger.

My guess is, that's the difference between those who wave, and those who don't...?

·
Registered
301 Posts
i try to, but sometimes it seems i always come up in bumper to bumper traffic w/ ppl slamming on brakes and then i don't see it until they're too far away.

Or if i do seem them in time they're looking forward, go figure :)

I try to when I can ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wave or give a head nod too and most of the time, they wave back. I haven't noticed however wich of the SE, R/T or SRT wave back the most.

I have a 1969 Charger also and whenever i meet another old car, we wave at each other, wathever the make/model is.

My mom has a 2009 Mustang and she also gets waved by other Mustang drivers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Challengers are pretty rare where I Iive (near Charlottesville, VA). I flash my lights and/or wave and almost always get a response. I seem to encounter the most Challengers when driving my 99 Suburban!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i dont, it was a biker thing for me. dont do that any more

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, the 13 year old daughters of a dad renting one does!

My wife rented a V6 black Challenger for my birthday, to let me live with one for a few days. Maybe she thought I'd get it out of my system, but I'm more convinced than ever that a Hemi will be in my future. (My oldest is even more enamored of the idea. She wants me to get a Challenger and she wants a '68 Charger for her 16th. Good luck on that one!)

While cruising around the other day, when she spotted a twin to our rental, waved and yelled "hello!". She excitedly said driving the Challenger makes her fell like "a member in an exclusive club" LOL

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
There is one local guy I see all the time driving a super nice SE in Torred with a silver stripe. He's always going to work at the same time I am. I wave to him in traffic all the time and he completely ignores me and drives like a **** too. Makes me sad!

There is an IE owner who lives near by, his son was chatting with me on Youtube and then one day I was out and about in his town and he chased me down and we spent 3 hours in a CVS parking lot chatting, that was cool! :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I quit waving.. Never got any back

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I get waves back as long as they see me. Lots of great Challenger owners here in Omaha. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
The day I bought mine 3 Challengers waved/flashed lights on my way home. I usually flash my lights, then wave. Too hot to roll windows down right now :)

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I was going to say that around the Dallas, TX area, it's like every other car is a Challenger. ;) It is the "Mustang" of the car world here, it seems. So that would be too much waving for me. On the day I saw an actual 70's Challenger go by in oncoming traffic, that was special enough for me to wave! :D I was shocked to have crossed paths with one, finally.

In the close proximity of my neighborhood, there is 1 (loud) Mustang and 2 Challengers. Figure that one out! :p There is a 90's Camaro further down the street. For a short time a few houses down, there was a new Camaro with a v6 and exhaust that really would have been better off quiet. Then the person switched to Fiat 500. I guess he is still searching for his "spiritual car guide". :p

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Some wave and some don't wave back. The older owners are the coolest. Some of the younger ones are more interested in smoking pot when they get home.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts