Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
I remember years ago every Challenger used to do the light flash wave. No so much anymore. Get a few thumbs ups. Now the Jeep Wrangler people have their own little cult going on. I had a customer when I was on Long Island and asked me to use his jeep for a week to go over it while he was away. Every single jeep that you seen waved to you. I commented this to him when he got back and he said yeah we are weird people. The Harley wave is slowly starting to fade also. My arm would get tired here on Bikeweek.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
I see so many challengers, they always catch my eye. I usually wave as they are staring at my car already :cool: I may not get a wave back but I think sometimes it catches people by surprise. A modded car is more likely to wave because it's not just a car to them

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 PCP Challenger Scat Pack w/dynamics
124 Posts
I feel like I get more waves / thumbs ups from mustang drivers lol. Weird. But I do get the occasional wave from a challenger owner, I’d say it’s quite rare though.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Wondering if Challenger owners follow any unwritten rule of waving to someone driving by in another Challenger?

Reason I ask is I just bought my first Challenger last week. I had a Corvette, which almost every Corvette owner waves to each other. Was very cool and felt like a tight group. So far I've driven by 3 different Challengers, I waved but nadda back to me.
I own both and NO Challenger owners don't wave.

No big surprise really.

On a side note a lot of NEW Corvette owners don't wave......and really why would they?

A wave to me is little more than an acknowledgement of someone else with similar interest in the car you drive. For older cars I get it and the wave makes sense.

How-ever there are a lot of '09-20 Challengers out there today that are nothing more than just a good looking daily driver to their owners and really the same can be said of more than just a few newer Corvettes and their owners. I don't expect these folks to wave and I'm not at all surprised when they don't.

For me? If I'm driving my Corvette I'll initiate wave at an older car. Hard to miss 'em when they are out there and really when I see someone with that similar interest and effort put in to keep a really old Vette alive and in good shape it just about demands and acknowledgement of some sort. I don't own a 1st Generation Challenger but I'd bet anything these guys wave for sure at each other in those rare meetings in traffic too.

If it's a new Corvette...and I notice they wave......I'll wave back but in all honesty I rarely even notice them. New cars are everywhere.

In the Challenger it's the same deal as the new Corvettes I see. If you wave and I notice you.....I'll wave back but I never initiate it. Too many out there to bother with it. Not to mention the fact that no small number of owners would wonder why you're waving anyway......for them it's just another daily driver car.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I only get waves or thumps up from other SP’s no offense to any Charger owner but all the Chargers I have encountered they have been rude idk why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eh......when you drive a car with so many similarities in terms of performance and yet your car is so clearly the ugly ducking........a little perceived rudeness or at least animosity toward your far better looking ride, from the crappy looking 4 door owner, should probably be less than a complete surprise.:sneaky:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Eh......when you drive a car with so many similarities in terms of performance and yet your car is so clearly the ugly ducking........a little perceived rudeness or at least animosity toward your far better looking ride, from the crappy looking 4 door owner, should probably be less than a complete surprise.:sneaky:
I had a SP with a older gentleman, the gray hair and gray beard gave him away lol but gave me thumps up yesterday and wanted to ride next to me, I can tell he had just bought it, it had the new 2020 spoiler sp badge and he still had the paper plates from the dealer, in my mind sure I will ride you, I completely understand how excited I was when I got my SP and even though it’s bone stock you want to show off your new car. I rode next to him for a bit then I had punch it and leave him behind lol I had to make to work in time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a future Challenger owner currently driving a Tundra...saw a black Challenger coming the opposite way around the curve by my work as I was leaving yesterday and I waved...he returned it. It'll be more obvious why I'm waving when I'm in a Challenger, but the positive vibes are there.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,798 Posts
I'm a future Challenger owner currently driving a Tundra...saw a black Challenger coming the opposite way around the curve by my work as I was leaving yesterday and I waved...he returned it. It'll be more obvious why I'm waving when I'm in a Challenger, but the positive vibes are there.
Welcome to the forum. 👋

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Well a Black Challenger driver, sure :D

A Guy

Reactions: lando622

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
314 Posts
In So Cal Challengers are a dime a dozen, if you waved at them all you’d never stop waving and people would think you’re crazy.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,794 Posts
In So Cal Challengers are a dime a dozen, if you waved at them all you’d never stop waving and people would think you’re crazy.
There is a benefit in people thinking that you're crazy though...They leave you alone! :D

As far as the wave, I saw three today and waved at all of them with no wave in return. I'm thinking of starting to mind my own business and return a wave if someone waves at us.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
In California if they think you are crazy, they think you are a kindred spirit :)

A Guy

·
Registered
414 Posts
In short, no. Weather it be the bike or the car. They're simply a dime a dozen around here and i'd never have both hands on the wheel or the bars. That and I need to keep focused dodging the bluehairs...

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
220 Posts
People are rude in the SF area so mostly no. I did a few times to other Scat Packs but I have never had a fellow Challenger owner wave to initiate or in response to me waving first. I think it comes down to the area you live in. I sometimes see motor cyclists wave to each other but not very often.

In the Oakland area waving at someone would likely get a response of the middle finger. 😆

·
Registered
31 Posts
I give a wave or thumbs up to the other Challengers when they look well cared for or are Scat Packs or SRTs.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
People are rude in the SF area so mostly no. I did a few times to other Scat Packs but I have never had a fellow Challenger owner wave to initiate or in response to me waving first. I think it comes down to the area you live in. I sometimes see motor cyclists wave to each other but not very often.

In the Oakland area waving at someone would likely get a response of the middle finger. 😆
I was going to say I used to when I first bought my car. Now I usually wave 1 finger at all the idiots out there that I's love to just shoot.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I wave, and it seems most others I pass also wave.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,763 Posts
I don't wave, but do thumbs up, or lift fingers up off the wheel, if eye contact is made and if they do, or they have something cool, not just Challenger, not just MOPAR actually.
(Something cool = V8 RWD + coolness typically, older the better)

81 - 98 of 98 Posts