Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if the 392 has a exclusive oil filter?

im planning on getting my 1,000 mile oil change soon and want to know if i need to order a filter for it?

around here most dealerships have had NO 392's or 1 at the most....so im wondering if they have oil filters for it yet

maybe its the same filter as the 5.7??

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got an email from K&N the other day. They say they have an oil filter for the new 6.4 engine.

HP-1010

later

Brian K
DWB IE #417

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,891 Posts
I just ordered 5 of the Purolater PureOne PL24651 on Amazon for $5 each so the total was $25. With this amount, I got free shipping and 4 of the 5 filters are eligible for a $3 rebate each (4 max. limit per address). That means my net cost is $13 for 5 filters or $2.60 each! Pretty good deal, I think.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I just ordered 5 of the Purolater PureOne PL24651 on Amazon for $5 each so the total was $25. With this amount, I got free shipping and 4 of the 5 filters are eligible for a $3 rebate each (4 max. limit per address). That means my net cost is $13 for 5 filters or $2.60 each! Pretty good deal, I think.:thumbsup:
I'd stay away from the PureOnes...good filtration stats....but issues with flow rate!
Use Mobil1`M1-210

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,891 Posts
I'd stay away from the PureOnes...good filtration stats....but issues with flow rate!
Use Mobil1`M1-210
I've researched this subject and I think it's not based on fact. There's a chart several posts down in the following link and plenty of information that indicates it's a non-issue. I'm going to be using it and I'd be the first to let everyone know if there's a problem.
From the time I start my car, I monitor the oil pressure vs. rpm from cold to full operating temperature. It's amazing how long it takes the 5.7 to come up to temperature and see the pressure drop accordingly.
When I operate the 392, I'll have the stock oil filter to take readings and I will compare them with the Purolator when that goes on. Time will tell but I'm not worried in the least.
PureONE Flow vs. PSID Data from Purolator - Bob Is The Oil Guy

·
Registered
402 Posts
From my stealership first change this weekend, looks like it uses the existing 6.1 filter - "FP Number - 4884899-AB, Filter EN 9057006 - $5.79"

A quick search on the "4884899-AB" reveals it's apparently a one size fits all Mopar filter - "Fits 2008 2.7L,3.5L,4.7L,5.7L and 6.1L engines"

edit: I did not take this picture - borrowed from moparsupercenter.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts