Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,972 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
No way would I ship that across the country From Steve White motors to California.Order it from your local dealer and make sure to check it over real good when you pick it up or have the body shop that is painting it look at it first.

·
Registered
381 Posts
No way would I ship that across the country From Steve White motors to California.Order it from your local dealer and make sure to check it over real good when you pick it up or have the body shop that is painting it look at it first.
It’s going to go truck freight due to its size. So either way, it will be shipped on a truck across the country. It’s not like it would matter. That being said, if you buy from your local dealer, it may be cheaper, since you won’t pay shipping. Since it’s a Mopar part, they can get it on their next freight delivery. Usually only 1-3 days.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also be aware that the shaker scoop with that kit is not designed to fit the V6 engine, so you’ll be fabricating some sort of mounting solution.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
hood

It’s going to go truck freight due to its size. So either way, it will be shipped on a truck across the country. It’s not like it would matter. That being said, if you buy from your local dealer, it may be cheaper, since you won’t pay shipping. Since it’s a Mopar part, they can get it on their next freight delivery. Usually only 1-3 days.
Having been a parts manager for 10 years.There are parts warehouses that supply parts to certain areas of the country California probably has it's own Mopar parts warehouse but there is no way a hood would go cross country in one truck.We know were they are made it is just a matter of were the closest stocking warehouse is to that dealer. If out of stock they will wait till it is back in stock to ship to that dealer. Commonly referred to as a backorder.You would not believe the sheetmetal that has come into my dealer as far as damage.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Having been a parts manager for 10 years.There are parts warehouses that supply parts to certain areas of the country California probably has it's own Mopar parts warehouse but there is no way a hood would go cross country in one truck.We know were they are made it is just a matter of were the closest stocking warehouse is to that dealer. If out of stock they will wait till it is back in stock to ship to that dealer. Commonly referred to as a backorder.You would not believe the sheetmetal that has come into my dealer as far as damage.
I would absolutely believe it. I’m a body man at a Dodge dealership.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts