Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car had Flowmasters “Force II” exhaust- which consisted of their Super 44 mufflers and Flowmasters own resonators.

Today I had the Super 44’s replaced with their Super 10 series. Tiny little single chamber mufflers that are supposed to be really loud.

Honestly, they are QUIETER than the Super 44’s I took off. Either that or I am losing my mind - and I’ve been accused of that before.

My only thought was that the Super 44’s have been on there for several years and are worn in/worn out and had gotten louder - and the Super 10’s are brand new.

That being said, I can’t imagine how or why Flowmaster mufflers would get louder with time since they are just metal baffles in there - no fiberglass packing to burn out or anything. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,521 Posts
I put the Force II kit on my 2010 R/T before the first 1000 miles. It sounded the same at 163k miles. My Chevy pickup with a 5.3 and a 10 series muffler is louder.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
They dont use any muffler packing, so no. It's basically a hollow case with v's welded in to direct the gas around. Super 10s should be louder than 44s but not by that much from what I've heard, but I haven't seen a comparison of both on the same exact car. You probably just lost some hearing from the 44s lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts