Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i picked my 12 chally up (used) i was told it was an RT classic. It had the twin side stripes down the sides, and its a 6-speed but didnt come with 20's and doesnt have the classic challenger badges on the fenders. Now every time i go to check on parts for a car they want to know rt or rt classic and im not sure if it even matters or not. Any ideas how to find out would be appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
15,071 Posts
Look on the door jamb tire pressure and load sticker, if it shows 235/55-18 tires then sorry, no R/T Classic as they all had 20's.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

Click the link above, click "Equipment Listing" in the Your Vehicle section then enter the VIN in the Equipment Listing box and click the search button. Once the build sheet displays, scroll down to the Optional Equipment section and look for "R/T Classic".

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
FWIW virtually all of the mechanical parts for all RTs are probably the same. Only thing that should be different would be exterior flair such as badges, decals, wheels, same goes for interior maybe some of the upholstery is different with logos and such.

As far as anything under the hood, to suspension, to mufflers, to whatever its all the same for an RT given its the same year.

Some people do not care which is fine. but usually before purchasing I try to understand what makes a certain trim level and whats supposed to come with it.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
649 Posts
When i picked my 12 chally up (used) i was told it was an RT classic. It had the twin side stripes down the sides, and its a 6-speed but didnt come with 20's and doesnt have the classic challenger badges on the fenders. Now every time i go to check on parts for a car they want to know rt or rt classic and im not sure if it even matters or not. Any ideas how to find out would be appreciated, Thanks!

My ‘11 Challenger R/T Classic came with 20” polished aluminum Classic wheels and the Classic Challenger badging on the fenders in addition to the dual stripes.

Other than those appearance items, it was the same as every other 2011 Challenger R/T with a 5.7 Hemi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,071 Posts
The R/T with M6 and 18-inch wheels thru 2014 used a 3.73 rear axle ratio, all other M6 with 20-inch wheels used a 3.92 except for 2013 where for reasons unknown, many R/T Classics got the 3.73 instead of the 3.92 which should have been used because of the 20-inch wheels that were standard on the Classic.

Also leather seats (alcantara suede for 2014) were standard on Classic.

·
Registered
474 Posts
From the 2012 brochure, the R/T Classic package consisted of the following standard and optional equipment:

FEATURES
Differences / Upgrades Vs. R/T:
• 20-inch cast aluminum "Envy" wheels
• HID headlamps
• Dual R/T side stripes
• Functional hood scoops
• Challenger script badges
• Nappa leather-trimmed seats with perforated inserts

AVAILABLE OPTIONS:
• 5-speed AutoStick transmission
• Sound Group II
• Media Center 430N with Navigation
• Media Center 730N with Navigation
• Premium Sound Group with 900-watt amplifier and 18 speakers
• Mopar® Interior Appearance Group
• Power sunroof
• Super Track Pak
• 20-inch polished aluminum wheels
• Engine block heater

https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/brochures/dodge/2012-challenger.pdf

·
Registered
15,071 Posts
Those Envy wheels were nice, they lasted until 14 when they went to these Charger Daytona wheels as standard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts