Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, this is usually better then google so looking for recommends......

jackstands and or easiest way to do get the 392 up in the driveway, get the wheels off and clean these wheel hubs.

Anybody got any favorites (durability etc.....)

Just getting back in the MotorHead frame of mind. Patience appreciated!

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well if you do one at a time just a jack and one jack stand just for safety a torque wrench if you want the proper torque for your wheels when you put them back on 110 ft lbs. If you want all four in the air at once then obviously 4 jack stands would be needed. As you seem new to this please dont take this as an insult but dont forget to loosen lug nuts a little before you jack each wheel up.

As far as brands if you have a harbor freight near you they sell decent stuff cheap as you wont be using this stuff every day it would be okay to skimp and save a few bucks. If you dont mind spending a little more just head to sears.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
There is a cut-out mark under each rocker panel indicating where is the safe spot on the frame to jack-up the car. Use a low profile jack and also use a piece of cut 2x4 because the spot on the frame is too small to fit a normal jack footprint without also interfering with nearby plastic and non-frame parts.

When I installed my splash guards, I only jacked it up high enough to remove the wheel, as anything higher makes me nervous I'm stressing the frame and/or body panels. These cars are really meant for a 4-point lift for most wheel-off work, but it can be done at home if you are careful about selecting a safe frame point and not going hog-wild on the jacking height.

If you are doing splash guards, get the POM rivet tool from Harbor Freight - works perfect and only like $12.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts