Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could it just be the angel view? They look really good if you look at it from the rear but if you look at it from the side looks a bit off. Could just be me . What do you guys think? Or is it just the Capital C?

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
the challenger script take the cha higher

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Use some 8lb test fishing line if the heat method doesn't work. Just keep the fishing line toward the paint side so you don't cut through the adhesive backing. Take your time......it'll come off.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I agree that it "appears" crooked, but cameras can lie. Did you actually measure it? Does it look crooked to you viewing directly from behind?

Did you put some masking tape down (perfectly straight) and then place the badge right on the line?

Just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Try heating it with a heat gun or hair dryer to remove.

Hair Dryer yes... heat gun? Get to hot or close and you'll blister the paint. Slow and easy w/ a blow dryer will work. Have patience!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Could it just be the angel view? They look really good if you look at it from the rear but if you look at it from the side looks a bit off. Could just be me . What do you guys think? Or is it just the Capital C?

It it off just a tiny bit. Look at the distance from the bottom of the letter "h" to the bottom of the spoiler and the bottom of the "r" to the bottom. The "r" is a little lower.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree that it "appears" crooked, but cameras can lie. Did you actually measure it? Does it look crooked to you viewing directly from behind?

Did you put some masking tape down (perfectly straight) and then place the badge right on the line?

Just trying to help.
Honestly I know I'm going to hear it but I just eyeballed it at night time. I waited 2weeks for it to come in and I couldn't wait no longer. I learbed from my mistake. :11:
I'm going to take it off tomorrow and measure it and line it up with tape. :naughty:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts