Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered and bought our new Durango from San Antonio Dodge. The whole experience was fairly mediocre, with spotty communication throughout the ordering and sale process, a bit of sleazy tactics, and it took them three hours to get us through signing paperwork despite having a custom ordered vehicle and pre-arranged pricing and financing. I was then told several times to give them all 10s on the customer survey.

When I got the customer survey, I answered honestly, which was definitely not perfect 10s. Today, I got an angry call from the salesman, yelling at me for giving him a '5' and blaming me for costing him $100 in commission. Now, I gave him exactly the order to input, it was a prearranged price through USAA, so there was literally nothing he had to do except put in the order and let us know when the status changed. I reminded him of the problems throughout the process, and he said "well we apologized it took awhile, and we tried to take care of things, but I guess there's just some people we shouldn't sell to so I'm sorry we ever sold you a car."

I've emailed Dodge about that behavior, as it's incredibly unprofessional. I had a great experience with the ordering and purchase of my Challenger last year at a different dealership, I'm sad that this experience was so poor throughout. Luckily, we love the Durango, so the annoyance with a crappy dealership will fade and we're still very much excited about the D.

If you are in or around San Antonio, do NOT go to San Antonio Dodge for any reason at all!

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
Wow. 3 hrs to do paperwork on a just hand them the check deal. That sucks. Now I know why I buy used / private party. Or new on ebay.

·
Registered
631 Posts
When we bought my Challenger it was a dream - less than 45m from walking in the door to driving off the lot. Too bad we moved here in the meantime or I would have gone to that same dealer!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Man sorry to hear your experience. Are you a member of Alamo city LX? If not check us out. We are a great group and we happen to get any vehicle for 1% under invoice at ancira.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man sorry to hear your experience. Are you a member of Alamo city LX? If not check us out. We are a great group and we happen to get any vehicle for 1% under invoice at ancira.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I have attended a couple ACLX events as a matter of fact; I am about to PCS in June, unfortunately. Good group, wish I had more time here to get into the club more.

I actually did check with Ancira regarding the ACLX pricing but found the USAA pricing was lower, plus got a .5% reduction on my loan rate for using the USAA service, so I stuck with that.

·
Super Moderator
15,018 Posts
When I got the customer survey, I answered honestly, which was definitely not perfect 10s. Today, I got an angry call from the salesman, yelling at me for giving him a '5' and blaming me for costing him $100 in commission.

I reminded him of the problems throughout the process, and he said "well we apologized it took awhile, and we tried to take care of things, but I guess there's just some people we shouldn't sell to so I'm sorry we ever sold you a car."
...and yet the salesman is oblivious to how he "earned" the low ratings and the reduction in commission. And, he did it again by calling you and berating you about it...

That person is clueless on the concept of what a good customer experience would be about!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I had the same thing happen years ago when ordering a new truck. Waited the 7 weeks I was told it would be and nothing. Call my dealer and he is no longer with the dealership. So new salesman looks it up and the truck is on hold for a specific option. Great! So clear that option out and get it going, I'm told another 4 weeks. As it nears I obtain financing at a special rate and basically have a check to hand the dealer. Longer story short. I ended up taking a similarly optioned truck in the same color that is coming in one day before my check and special interest rate expires. Get the deal done and the salesman is already talking to other customers so he hands me the keys and says thanks. This was my second ever new purchase and the first one the salesman showed me all the new options on the truck and how things worked. OK, no biggy.

Fast forward to the survey, i fill it out accordingly. A few weeks later I am sleeping at about 9 am, I worked second shift. My girlfriend gets a call and say he is sleeping right now can I take a message. No this is very important, I need to talk to him he says. He proceeds to butcher me out for the less then stellar survey and at the time i was not even awake but after waking up later that day I had my time on the phone with customer care. I learned about a month or two later they lost their 5 star rating from Chrysler. I still can't believe the nerve of some people

Now that I am older I take a lot less shit from people. I hope that never happens again because I would hate to see what I would do to the person.

·
Registered
488 Posts
When I bought my POS mustang from Galpin Ford I gave my sales guy 1 star. Him an I were arguing, he was trying to sell me a model I didnt want. Then told me to go F*** Myself at the end of the deal. Then the car turned out to be a lemon and after 2 years I got all my money back and bought the challenger.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Usually have no problem with the Salesman. It is the Finance Guy that usually ends up ruining the buying experience. I'm holding onto my Daily Driver as long as possible just to avoid buying a new one and its cheaper in the long run although I do like driving a new vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar experience

When we bought my Challenger it was a dream - less than 45m from walking in the door to driving off the lot. Too bad we moved here in the meantime or I would have gone to that same dealer!

I bought my Challenger at IPAC here in SA. Great experience. Like you I had a buyers check so financing was not an issue. I had test driven at North Side Dodge and liked them at first but the price of the car kept changing. So..., I called a few other dealerships, told them exactly what I wanted and what I would pay and IPAC was the first to pull the trigger. I told them I would be by after work to pick up the car and they had it ready. Took 20 minutes from the time I walked through their door and most of that was them getting ice cream for my daughter.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought my Challenger at IPAC here in SA. Great experience. Like you I had a buyers check so financing was not an issue. I had test driven at North Side Dodge and liked them at first but the price of the car kept changing. So..., I called a few other dealerships, told them exactly what I wanted and what I would pay and IPAC was the first to pull the trigger. I told them I would be by after work to pick up the car and they had it ready. Took 20 minutes from the time I walked through their door and most of that was them getting ice cream for my daughter.
Awesome! That is how it should be. I started working with IPAC at first, but after a week of unreturned message after message for the salesguy I finally just said screw it and went elsewhere. Glad you had a better experience.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought my wife a '13 Durango last year, also from this same dealer in San Antonio, and even though I had a pre-arranged price from USAA, they came up with some lame excuse about honoring the price (called USAA about this b.s. that the salesman/dealer was coming up with). Long story short, made the purchase of the vehicle after going back and forth with them. Was going to buy a '13 Charger R/T Blacktop from them, and even after having purchased a vehicle from them a few weeks before, again, the sales guy/dealer came up with some b.s. about the price on the car, said screw you guys, not going to go thru this b.s. a second time, so went to Blue Bonnet Dodge in New Braunfels and purchased a '13 Challenger R/T instead of the Charger.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Karmart Dodge, Burlington, Washington. If they had handed me a survey I would have added an "11" to every catagory. Purchasing my '13 R/T Classic form these folks is the easiest process I have ever been through...two thumbs up!

T

·
0 Posts
Very interesting. I too went to SA Dodge and was looking at a 2014 SXT. I didn't buy from them as I wasn't getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the price. Even after I told them I was no longer interested, they kept pushing me to buy. They even said they would throw in the $1599.00 protection plan for "free" I left there as soon as I could...no regrets.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Relayed this info in another thread about SA Dodge...

Like I always do now, I told them exactly what I was willing to pay for the Dodge (invoice minus rebates), and that I wanted full Edmunds 'excellent' trade on my '12 GT. In the parking lot, immediately after a 10 minutes test drive. So within 15 minutes, the deal could've been done. If they couldn't do it, thanks anyway and no hard feelings. I just can't stand the games anymore. They offered like $4K less for the Mustang, and wanted to use the rebates to get the price down to invoice. I said thanks and left. Couple days later I get the expected Email about 'things have changed' and to come on back. Like an idiot, I bit. They did agree to the sales price, and came up a couple thousand on the Mustang... but I held firm and left. Next day I think came the Email that said okay... let's wrap it up... they'd give me what I want on the trade. Said so in the Email. Called on the phone that night and went over every number, not once but several times. Made an appointment to go do the deal at 9:00 the next morning. Got there at 9:00 and the salesman was with somebody else. His 'assistant' came and sat down, opened the folder and presented my with the same numbers I turned down three days earlier. I can't remember if I lost it at that point or not, but the salesman came over and couldn't understand why I was upset, because 'no deal is ever going to be perfect'. That's what he kept coming back to when I asked if he had seriously forgotten our phone call the night before when he flat out lied over and over again. I can't remember exactly what I said, but I do know the words 'shit' and pissed off' were used... and that was very insulting to his 'professionalism'.. and then HE got angry. The whole thing that morning probably only took 20 minutes, counting the time I waited... but that was enough. Went up the road to Bluebonnet and was in and out in a couple hours.

I never got a survey from Chrysler (for either dealer), but I did get a 'customer satisfaction' email directly from SA Dodge. I answered that in great detail. And to show what a fool I am, I actually thought the sales manager might acknowledge it. Of course he didn't.

I'm not sure what you have to do to make them believe you want what you want or you'll walk away. I didn't NEED a new car... I had a damn nice '12 GT in a rare color (Lava Red). If they had simply said 'we can't do it', I would have gone back there if I was ever Dodge shopping again. Bad on me for actually biting and going back to begin with. It certainly won't happen again... with ANY dealer. There's plenty of competition in San Antonio.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Bought my 2014 Ram 1500 Express at Reno Dodge, gave me what I wanted on my 2011 trade in Ram, in and out in less than 30 minutes. May be the dealership I order/buy a 2015 Challenger from, they were no pressure, no headache.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
...and yet the salesman is oblivious to how he "earned" the low ratings and the reduction in commission. And, he did it again by calling you and berating you about it...

That person is clueless on the concept of what a good customer experience would be about!
Don't put up with that stuff ever again...Give Bob Frederick @ Columbiana CJD your business, no hassle, you will know exactly what your paying. A true Mopar guy!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Went to San Antonio Dodge this weekend to just look at the 2015s. I told the salesperson I was just doing research, and was not buying. First he told me that had 3 Hellcats coming in at 80K. Next he said I needed to see the Scat Pack they had. Was a wonderful car, I asked what I could get it for, I suggest 43K, MSRP was about 46K. He said nothing less then 50K. I told him I wasn't interested, needed to check with wife etc. He told me, don't worry about the wife, she will love the car. LOL. I have gotten two vehicles from the Ancira dealerships here in San Antonio, good experience with both. Right now, kinda working with BlueBonnett about a RT/Plus, we will see how that goes. Something didn't feel right at SA Dodge, it was like the feeling I used to get in K-Mart, like I needed a shower when I left the store.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts