Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do these challengers have grease fittings

7K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  daly double 
#1 ·
The only reason I ask is because I got a 2009 mustang new so when I went to do my first oil change I got a brand new grease gun and there was not one grease fitting on the car

#2 ·
No - these models do not have grease (zerk) fittings - its been pretty common for 20 - 25 years that suspension parts have "sealed" joints. If the boot tears or the joint has play - its replaced.

another thing you'll notice as well are "sealed" wheel bearings - no more front wheel bearings are packed or adjusted. The entire bearing unit gets replaced if its wearing / excess clearance, end play

#3 ·
Thanks Hal H you saved the hassle of crawling around under the car even though it would make me feel better knowing that the car was greased.even that I’m getting up there in age I still wanna work on my car.somehow I still enjoy the only thing you can do is bolt on parts.i had a new pick up and came out of the grocery store jumped into the truck and it would turn over no start.got out popped the hood realized there’s nothing I could do grabbed my phone and called a tow truck.thats when I realized that the days of wiggling wires were long gone

#4 ·
Wanting to grease the fittings is like wanting to defrag your drive...but it's a SSD...habit ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Jim HIcks
#8 ·
When I bought my Mustang GT 5.0 back in 1984, my first new car I changed my oil and when I went to grease all the front steering parts I found there were no zerks on anything.
Today the only zerk fittings I have are on my commercial grade lawn equipment.
It’s a way different time but if you replace parts with Moog brand ones they still have that option.

#9 ·
When u rebuilt my front end, i went with moog problem solver components. Buying their upgraded line whenever possible. They ad zerk fittings for the lower ball joint, and the toe arms.
I also use a needle fitting to inject the upper ball joint with grease, and use silicone to seal the hole

Going on 40k miles with the moog parts (5k on the tow arms)

So when time comes to replace , you can look into options that have zerk fittings

#10 ·
Saves the 5 minute hassle of greasing fittings when the oil is changed and then you can replace all the components in a few years!

#11 ·
My front suspension been making noises...I wish I could blame it on "un-greased fittings"....ughhh....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.