Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There doesn't seem to have anything to fix on the road, but I always like to carry a few screwdrivers and some wrenches, rags, etc...how about you? thanks

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Charged cell phone with auto club and road side assistance numbers in my contacts. Two major credit cards.

When I had cars with (space saver) spare tire I'd carry a 1/2" Craftsman torque wrench and the extension/adapter/socket to fit the wheel lugs so I could properly torque the wheel lugs if I had to install the space saver tire.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
My Green Girl is 4 years old and so is the battery so I carry my small jump pack
It holds its charge for about 4 months

Attachments

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
264 Posts
My Green Girl is 4 years old and so is the battery so I carry my small jump pack
It holds its charge for about 4 months
Those are great to have. I have the halo one in my car. Along with, vice grips, box wrenches, screwdrivers and rags. Neat in a nice little box though.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,941 Posts
Of course, and a spare serpentine belt...

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah, mechanic gloves, metric & standard sockets, some wrenches, needle-nose pliers, big channellock pliers, needle-nose vice grips, gorilla tape, black electrical tape, VOM, screwdrivers, small screwdriver kit, allen wrenches standard/metric, torx sockets. Assorted nylon zip ties,wire.
Special socket for lugnuts w/teflon sleeve to not scratch wheel. 21 inch half inch ratchet and small extension. Tested on wheels.
I havn't decided on a jack yet.
Fire extinguisher, large First aid kit w/extras for trauma in its own bag. ( Keep those in each vehicle)
One of those Bridgestone emergency kits, that has reflectors, air compressor & tape and all kinds of stuff, its at Costco if you look around there.
Noco brand 12v cigarette plug extension cord 12ft. Two flashlights, para cord, cork screw, spork, water proof matches ( need to get some fuses).
I usually have jumper cables, but I havn't bought any for the Challenger, don't know what I want to do there, may make my own, small blanket,
I need to get a serpentine belt ( thank you for reminding Gila_Hemi) I have extra belt in the Dodge Ram.( large tool box in D-ram) fuel filters, AC inverter, etc in it. Most this stuff helps other people,
I started collecting useful stuff every time I needed something. I just added it. Its easy to keep in the Jeeps and D-ram. I have extra spark plugs and distributor cap in the old Jeep.
In the cars I don't have tow straps, or hatchet, but sometimes I carry a good hand saw.
The jumper cables and first aid kit have helped a lot of people, and zip ties !
I always add bottled water when I travel. Mini Countryman gets oil filter added to bag cause its less common.
I use to carry a quart of oil, but I never used it. I have helped people with water.
If I have forgotten something that you carry, post it !
Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
825 Posts
I didn't get one.
They gave me a crappy Shaker key chain that didn't last...
eBay, $20 shipped. It is a 10mm nut driver, but it does have a recessed groove with an o-ring that holds the funky acorn nuts so you don't drop them as easily. (it is not magnetic like some people say) Plus it says SHAKER on it!

·
Registered
532 Posts
My smart phone, a roll of duck tape, my wallet which has a couple of major credit cards and some $100 bills hidden inside the car in different places. ;)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
A socket for my lugs since they are not the same size as the factory one, an extension to get me out past the fenders, quarter panels when using it and a breaker bar. An allen wrench for removing the ZLI lift points and the factory scissor jack.
Since I have AAA I am thinking about ditching all that, if I get a flat it can be towed to a tire shop.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I always keep 2 sets of tools, gloves, and an electric ratchet on standby. Got ride of the spare and jack because who needs that crap?

·
Registered
318 Posts
A good quality tire plugging kit. I can usually plug a tire on the car and the car came with a compressor. Used it once already on the Challenger and have plugged tires on our vehicles and others (Wife called me about a co-worker once and I plugged one of my co-workers tires once) at least a half dozen times. I carry one and a 12V compressor in every vehicle we own. It's much faster (therefore safer) and easier to plug a tire than to change one. Only had one case where I absolutely couldn't (tire was absolutely wasted) in the last ten years.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
eBay, $20 shipped. It is a 10mm nut driver, but it does have a recessed groove with an o-ring that holds the funky acorn nuts so you don't drop them as easily. (it is not magnetic like some people say) Plus it says SHAKER on it!
For $20.00 I can buy a set of Craftsman nut drivers...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts