Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I have a donut spare and jack because I didn't want to rely on that anemic pump and a can of fix-a-flat. I have a small tool box with a socket set in it, along with some screw drivers and a pair of pliers. I have beefy jumper cables too. Another thing I now do is something I learned on this forum, I carry a spare FOB battery in my glove compartment in case it dies on me when I'm too far from home to get the second FOB.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought about getting a spare key (or use the second fob's key) that would just open the door & hiding it somewhere under the car. Then when going on vacation, take the second fob & remove the battery & hide the fob & battery in different locations inside the car. If you lose your fob at the beach, etc. you could still get in the car & then put together the second working fob.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
824 Posts
I have a donut spare and jack because I didn't want to rely on that anemic pump and a can of fix-a-flat. I have a small tool box with a socket set in it, along with some screw drivers and a pair of pliers. I have beefy jumper cables too. Another thing I now do is something I learned on this forum, I carry a spare FOB battery in my glove compartment in case it dies on me when I'm too far from home to get the second FOB.
I might take a road trip out west (I live near Pittsburgh) and if I did, I would take a spare wheel/tire. But with the 6 pot calipers, I would need a full sized 20". I may look local for a pair, maybe a road rashed up one or two that someone is getting rid of. When I had my Chrysler Crossfire with 18s up front and 19s in the back, I got a 17" Mercedes spare, with shorter wheel bolts and carried it on trips. Even being a small 2 seater, it fit in the back quite easily. Just for piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
I live in the desert and I don't intend to wait hours for help so I carry socket sets, wrenches, screw drivers, various other tools in a couple of those heavy duty canvas tool bags from Army surplus stores, tire chocks, a jumper box, tire repair kit, electric air pump, the small floor jack from Harbor Freight (I hate the scissor jacks), an extendable lug wrench (so I know those lugs are coming off), paper towels, magnetic door protectors (Door Shox), California Car Duster and a military blanket. All this stuff only takes up about 1/3 of the trunk floor space.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,928 Posts
I live in the desert and I don't intend to wait hours for help so I carry socket sets, wrenches, screw drivers, various other tools in a couple of those heavy duty canvas tool bags from Army surplus stores, tire chocks, a jumper box, tire repair kit, electric air pump, the small floor jack from Harbor Freight (I hate the scissor jacks), an extendable lug wrench (so I know those lugs are coming off), paper towels, magnetic door protectors (Door Shox), California Car Duster and a military blanket. All this stuff only takes up about 1/3 of the trunk floor space.
Who you fooling? You live in the city, I live in the desert...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm way outside City limits. Plus I go up to Phoenix often and you know what I-10 is like.
I-10? Oh you mean the never ending construction site...

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT 8
279 Posts
um cell phone and charger

5 trucks at home waiting to drag it home on 18" foot aluma trailer

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Not only that but the Dirt Storms by Casa Grande and the ridiculousness of shutting down the entire Interstate whenever there is an accident, even f it's OFF the pavement.
They have to make room for the news trucks...

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Small Breaker Bar
Oil Filter Socket
Small Rubber Mallet
Large Breaker Bar
22mm Long Socket
Torque Wrench

Everything I need to do basic maintenance, like oil changes and tire rotations.

I'll probably leave them at home if I ever get a proper garage.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
186 Posts
Just carry the essentials :LOL:

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tire plug kit. I’ve got the HK subs where a spare would go. Saved my bacon once already. Though the hole was big enough that it barely worked. The pump the car came with is weak AF.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts