Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think one of my favorite things about owning a powerful rear wheel drive muscle car is being able to drift around a corner or power slide whenever I want. It's just so much fun. Obviously I'm not doing this in places I can endanger anyone, but I'm wondering how many of you do the same thing?

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I don't, but I do enjoy my current setup and tires which allow me to get on the throttle just about whenever I want, turning or not...as long as the tires aren't cold. :D

Reactions: Luckyshot

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't, but I do enjoy my current setup and tires which allow me to get on the throttle just about whenever I want, turning or not...as long as the tires aren't cold. :D
I discovered how much easier it is to slide around when the temperature is cold enough out to harden the tires the other day after the cold front.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I do it all the time when turning off of a 90* angle, like turning at a stop sign. Nothing too crazy, but still tons of fun. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
300 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do it all the time when turning off of a 90* angle, like turning at a stop sign. Nothing too crazy, but still tons of fun. :eek:rangehat:
I do that a lot as well!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Teach me how. I got a 6speed?

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
In my Mustangs I did but not in this car, I don't have that comfort zone like that in this car.

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Teach me how. I got a 6speed?
Smoothest way is from a stop, begin making a 90 degree turn like you normally do. Once you begin rolling, about the point where you have the clutch half way released, increase the throttle a little more than normal while quickly releasing the clutch the rest of the way out. The rear tires at this point will break lose and you will quickly need to counter steer opposite direction of the turn. Modulate throttle so you can "steer with the rear". Try not to chop the throttle completly off as you will wind up coming to a stop sideways in the middle of the road.

You may want to first try the above in the rear parking lot at the mall on a Sunday morning, until you get the hang of it.

:D

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I did it quite a bit, and then I realized I was doing it on purpose just to have something to "catch". I was turning a click sharper than I really needed, while power-on, just so the tail would step out a bit. After that, my thought was I should focus on a more sensible line with the steering and challenge myself by putting more power into the turn than is typically deemed "prudent". ;)

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cannonballcobb explained it really well. If you want to make it even easier turn traction control partially off. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm 53 and still love fishtailing. I traded my SE for an RT for this very reason. Just give me a slightly damp on-ramp and it's on!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
No & never will

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You guys do realized its raining here right now in my part of the woods...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 44 Posts