Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Of the smart a==== on these forums that every time someone talks about souping up a GT says you should have bought an R/T, or if your modding your R/T you're crazy because you should just buy a Scat. Or why mod a Scat when you should just have bought a Hellcat?

If everyone thought like that this would be a Hellcat forum and, back in the 70s, they wouldn't have sold a single Challenger other then a Hemi or a Chev without an LS6 or a Ford 429. Don't know of many performance car guys back in the 70s with 327s, 350s, etc that didn't mod them. Nobody told the guy with a 383 that put a manifold, Holley, cam and headers in it that he was crazy and should have bought a Six Pack or Hemi.

Modding is as big of a part of our passion as the cars themselves. I say if you don't see the need to mod what you have, why didn't you just buy a Prius? Did the word sleeper get taken out of the dictionary? Used to be there was some pride when your 327 wooped a 396. ME? I'll mod my 392 and if I had a Red E, I'd still be bolting things on.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,927 Posts
Times have changed. The old days of getting good power bumps from a new manifold, larger carb, cam, headers, and a dual exhaust, are long gone.

A good number of these threads are from folks with ZERO idea of todays performance costs, what's involved, and what the end result will really be.

A typical scenario:

Hi, I'm Joe and new to the forum. I just bought my dream car, a new Challenger.

It's my DD, I have a six year loan, but I'm planning on keeping it forever.

While I did look at other Challenger models, they were quite a bit more money, and I thought that I could make it go faster myself, for a lot less money.

I don't have a lot of mechanical experience, tools, or even a garage, but I know that this would be fun, and I'm willing to learn.

What do I need to do to get my new Challenger (xxx) to run as fast or faster than the Challenger (xxx) that costs so much more?

Let's face the reality. The new owner is excited and wants advice.

I'm one of the smart buttocks that will tell folks in this situation, every time, to enjoy his new ride.

The reality is that it will cost more to mod than it's financially worth. It's his DD and he's got payments. Leave the hood closed and enjoy it.

Reality can suck, and if the the person insists that he knows he can still make it as fast or faster himself, then yes, "You bought the wrong car" is not a smart buttocked statement. It's just the reality of how cars are now.

Buy as much factory HP as you can afford is a true and good statement for most folks, and I'll probably say that again many times.

Yes, some folks still love modding, and some do it well, and know what to expect.

Most don't know the pitfalls, and they did indeed buy the wrong car, if they already know they want more speed.

The old hot rodding days are done for easy, reasonable cost mods that most folks can do themselves.

Reality.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
I'm with you.

My SOP if someone has to ask he shouldn't do it. And I tell him not do it. Leave the car stock. Or buy a factory hot rod.

There are a number of posts of modified cars with issues the owner is seeking to resolve.

If one buys an RT and wants Scat Pack power he is better off getting a Scat Pack. If a Scat Pack owner wants Hellcat power he should get a Hellcat. Can't imagine the thinking that takes place when someone test drives a new R/T and buys the car thinking it is a great car but it needs Scat Pack power which can be added after it is bought.

I must be in the minority but I have never test driven and bought a new car with the idea that gee this would be so much better with a louder exhaust, or a supercharger (love that "whine"), or bigger tires or some goofy wrap, etc.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,064 Posts
Well, if you go back over 5 years, I posted something at that time about an AWD Challenger here:
It's funny how many people said it couldn't/shouldn't be done for various reasons, yet the GT came about 2 years later!
Sometimes people need to think more outside the box in order for change and innovation to take place. I view those that build their own engines and cars, rather than just upgrade to a more powerful model, in this light.
For the record, I used to view a V6 Challenger as not being a muscle car, but not anymore. The reason being, someone posted a thread about, what was you first muscle car? I responded a '06 Mustang GT which had a 300 HP V8 in it.
The Challenger GT actually has a little more HP and certainly better design, so I now view it in a different light. I do agree with others here that sometimes it's just easier and less expensive to go with a more powerful offering than mod due to cost restraints.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
Well, if you go back over 5 years, I posted something at that time about an AWD Challenger here:
It's funny how many people said it couldn't/shouldn't be done for various reasons, yet the GT came about 2 years later!
Sometimes people need to think more outside the box in order for change and innovation to take place. I view those that build their own engines and cars, rather than just upgrade to a more powerful model, in this light.
For the record, I used to view a V6 Challenger as not being a muscle car, but not anymore. The reason being, someone posted a thread about, what was you first muscle car? I responded a '06 Mustang GT which had a 300 HP V8 in it.
The Challenger GT actually has a little more HP and certainly better design, so I now view it in a different light.
There is difference between mod'ing an existing model and the factory coming out with an upgrade to an existing model. For one thing the upgrade has the engineering and testing to pretty much sort out all the issues so the upgrade works well and is covered by a new car warranty.

But if you think slapping a CAI and a catch can and torching the exhaust system to remove the cats is going to have Dodge follow suit 'cause wow you know those car modders are so very prescience you are very much mistaken.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,192 Posts
of the smart a==== on these forums that every time someone talks about souping up a gt says you should have bought an rt or if your modding your rt your crazy because you should just buy a scat or why mod a scat when you should just have bought a hellcat. If everyone thought like that this would be a hellcat fourm and back in the 70s they wouldnt have sold a single challenger other then a hemi or a chev without an ls6 or a ford 429. Dont know of many performance car guys back in the 70s with 327s 350s ect that didnt mod them. Nobody told the guy with a 383 that put a manifold holley cam and headers in it he was crazy and should have bought a six pack or hemi. Modding is as big of a part of our passion as the cars themselves. I say if you dont see the need to mod what you have why didnt you just buy a prius. Did the word sleeper get taken out of the dictionary. Used to be there was some pride when your 327 wooped a 396. ME? ill mod my 392 and if i had a red eye id still be bolting things on.
Simply be thankful you DID NOT buy a 5.7L car, only to be berated by one guy on here telling you what a turd it really is.....and how all those mean, nasty V6 Karos can eat them alive. :LOL:

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,183 Posts
My Shaker is a sleeper. It has all of it's original badges, and nothing else. The exhaust is not obnoxiously loud, the Shaker scoop hides the quiet Magnuson super charger and an educated ear is needed to hear the cam lope. There is nothing to see other than the hood pins, the APR splitter and modest dress-up. For me, making it into the ride I want has been the most fun of having a 5.7 R/T Shaker.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
It's one thing to elucidate that it's expensive and generally not a fiscally sound investment... it's another to say don't do it, go buy a completely different car that you don't currently own

What I'd say is that generally, even if you can do the labor yourself, the return on investment won't equal buying a higher horsepower model, BUT if you are aware and hellbent on doing so, here are the options that will net you the best results

Yes it's not like "the old days" when you can just slap an intake, carb, and headers on and pick up good power for the cost. Hey, we chose MOPARs (Money Out Pocket < Actual Return), and while they are coolest ;), parts are more scarce, and those that exist cost more.

To make most sense, you'd say get a Mustang, or Camaro instead...you'd get banned, but hey :D

Sure it's easiest to get a car that already has more HP, but tell me DakBuilder's car won't be cooler, and more satisfying for him. Add doing it with your son, or daughter and that's just off the scale

Hey, I get it, I tell those with the V6 who talk about performance mods or an engine swap to a V8 that other than putting the SC on, it's basically not worth it. But at the same time, I keep hoping someone will do the Full Monty of available V6 upgrades (Pistons, rods, block guards, ported upper and lower intakes, the head pipes, head porting, and yes, the SC), and let's see what it's capable of

Anyway, I too cringe when the reply is just "Get an X", rather than an explanation why it's a better idea AND suggestions for best power if they go for it anyway...but that's just me

A Guy

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think its just the evolution of the hobby. How many of us were told years ago dont do this or that its going to cost you more $$ but did it anyway? Stay within your budget & what you are comfortable with. Obviously taking a 6 banger and putting a hellcat engine in it is ridiculous

·
Premium Member
10,378 Posts
My Shaker is a sleeper. It has all of it's original badges, and nothing else. The exhaust is not obnoxiously loud, the Shaker scoop hides the quiet Magnuson super charger and an educated ear is needed to hear the cam lope. There is nothing to see other than the hood pins, the APR splitter and modest dress-up. For me, making it into the ride I want has been the most fun of having a 5.7 R/T Shaker.
Honestly it’s just what you think, most people don’t care. We can’t street race like years ago, the police then gave you “the look” and said wise up and left. Today you get locked up and the car impounded. My son stuffed a Chevy LS into a Miata and you want to talk about cam lope, you’re looking for the corvette when you hear that car from a block away, but you just don’t see one. That car is stupid fast but I tell him watch yourself, I’ll bail you out but it’s the least of your problems. Those come later on.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
It's one thing to elucidate that it's expensive and generally not a fiscally sound investment... it's another to say don't do it, go buy a completely different car that you don't currently own

What I'd say is that generally, even if you can do the labor yourself, the return on investment won't equal buying a higher horsepower model, BUT if you are aware and hellbent on doing so, here are the options that will net you the best results

Yes it's not like "the old days" when you can just slap an intake, carb, and headers on and pick up good power for the cost. Hey, we chose MOPARs (Money Out Pocket < Actual Return), and while they are coolest ;), parts are more scarce, and those that exist cost more.

To make most sense, you'd say get a Mustang, or Camaro instead...you'd get banned, but hey :D

Sure it's easiest to get a car that already has more HP, but tell me DakBuilder's car won't be cooler, and more satisfying for him. Add doing it with your son, or daughter and that's just off the scale

Hey, I get it, I tell those with the V6 who talk about performance mods or an engine swap to a V8 that other than putting the SC on, it's basically not worth it. But at the same time, I keep hoping someone will do the Full Monty of available V6 upgrades (Pistons, rods, block guards, ported upper and lower intakes, the head pipes, head porting, and yes, the SC), and let's see what it's capable of

Anyway, I too cringe when the reply is just "Get an X", rather than an explanation why it's a better idea AND suggestions for best power if they go for it anyway...but that's just me

A Guy
Actually a whole new set of Performance Heads with Separate Exhaust capability to add headers would also open up some HP. It would improve the sound as well would open up a whole new market for all the Header Companies. That would also mean we could ditch some of that V6 Import Sound listen to the older 3.5's vs the updated 3.6 they actually sounded a bit better. Maybe a Conversion kit to put a newer 8 Speed Automatic in place of the 5 speed.

I know in my case could buy the parts here and there then and when ready do the updates and with a good tune the car would be even better. How ever no one seems to even want to bother so it limits realistic options. Sorry 5k or more to go a Super Charger for me would not be an option being on Dissability at a whopping 537.00 a Month. Did good to get my SXT how ever now the Banks Pedal Monster has given me some more fun with the car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Here's the thing, you will never learn if you don't experiment and learn some lessons, sometimes the hard way. I've seen some cars that were complete disasters over the years and a few, small few, that were amazing. Make a plan and have fun. It doesn't hurt to dream a little or a-lot. It also sucks to walk or bum a ride. The journey is worth the trip.

·
Registered
139 Posts
..no, not yet. But I'm late here to the party......

I do however get sick AND tired of the guys on my Harley forum that say at the first hint
of an upgrade; "you're gonna void your warranty." (sarcastic sound)
Do folk here do that?

Guys on the m6g forum did that some................:censored:

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,336 Posts
21 years on the boards the same beat the dead horse over and over..................

Me thinks the days of FREE or cheap HP is over. not much I can do to my SRT 8 that does not cost stupid $$$$$

Intake CAI $1000, Exhaust $3000, tires and wheels $4000. strut bars $1000, shifter $520, gas door $200, lug nuts $100

ALL for looks, cool and sound.

Would I change a thing, NOPE!! i work for a living and have to spent money on something.

SURE miss my Fox body days 2000-2006

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Actually a whole new set of Performance Heads with Separate Exhaust capability to add headers would also open up some HP. It would improve the sound as well would open up a whole new market for all the Header Companies. That would also mean we could ditch some of that V6 Import Sound listen to the older 3.5's vs the updated 3.6 they actually sounded a bit better. Maybe a Conversion kit to put a newer 8 Speed Automatic in place of the 5 speed.

I know in my case could buy the parts here and there then and when ready do the updates and with a good tune the car would be even better. How ever no one seems to even want to bother so it limits realistic options. Sorry 5k or more to go a Super Charger for me would not be an option being on Dissability at a whopping 537.00 a Month. Did good to get my SXT how ever now the Banks Pedal Monster has given me some more fun with the car.
With a limited market, it would cost a fortune. That's why only 1 company has any performance parts (beyond a SC), and no cams, etc. There is just too small a market when, yes, you can just upgrade to a V8 model...

A Guy

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Times have changed. The old days of getting good power bumps from a new manifold, larger carb, cam, headers, and a dual exhaust, are long gone.

A good number of these threads are from folks with ZERO idea of todays performance costs, what's involved, and what the end result will really be.

A typical scenario:

Hi, I'm Joe and new to the forum. I just bought my dream car, a new Challenger.

It's my DD, I have a six year loan, but I'm planning on keeping it forever.

While I did look at other Challenger models, they were quite a bit more money, and I thought that I could make it go faster myself, for a lot less money.

I don't have a lot of mechanical experience, tools, or even a garage, but I know that this would be fun, and I'm willing to learn.

What do I need to do to get my new Challenger (xxx) to run as fast or faster than the Challenger (xxx) that costs so much more?

Let's face the reality. The new owner is excited and wants advice.

I'm one of the smart buttocks that will tell folks in this situation, every time, to enjoy his new ride.

The reality is that it will cost more to mod than it's financially worth. It's his DD and he's got payments. Leave the hood closed and enjoy it.

Reality can suck, and if the the person insists that he knows he can still make it as fast or faster himself, then yes, "You bought the wrong car" is not a smart buttocked statement. It's just the reality of how cars are now.

Buy as much factory HP as you can afford is a true and good statement for most folks, and I'll probably say that again many times.

Yes, some folks still love modding, and some do it well, and know what to expect.

Most don't know the pitfalls, and they did indeed buy the wrong car, if they already know they want more speed.

The old hot rodding days are done for easy, reasonable cost mods that most folks can do themselves.

Reality.
times havent changed. People by 5.7s because of the same reason people in the 70s bought 340s. Because its what they can afford. My first brand new car was a 340 duster. I would have loved a hemi cuda or a six pack but the duster fit my budget. I then put a manifold a holley and headers on it as i saved up for them. Just like so many others did. I sure didnt have twice the money for a hemi just like many here dont have twice the money for a hellcat. As to modding. I didnt get anymore hp out of that 340 buy putting headers on it then i would my 392. Maybe even less. Manifold and carb? Probably a grand in todays money. Take that money and slap a cam along with those headers on a 5.7 add a tune and your probably looking at 75hp!! That is a vast improvement. Then like i said you have the smile plastered on your face when you whip a car that should be faster. One of the best races i ever ran was back in 75 in suffolk VA. I lined my 340 (yup modded like i said) up against a 440 4brl cuda and an ls5 corvette on the same night and whipped both of them. Matter of fact beat that 440 twice.

Now lets take a r/t vs a scatt. Line them both up. Who would you rather be if you lost. The r/t guy can say thats the way it should have been. The guy in the 392 that preached you should have bought a car like mine instead of that lame r/t would be red faced and have his head tucked in his you know what if he lost to a meager r/t. That was the heart and soul of street racing back in my day. Even the top dogs driving there bought and paid for ls6s or hemis always had to fear the guy with dirty fingernails and a good tool kit in the trunk of there small block chev nova or dodge dart or even a amc hornet with a 390.

Anyone with good credit can buy power. Heck today you can buy more power then someone doing it with just there check book can even fathom controlling. It takes skill and passion to make a car a sleeper and it comes with something you wont get in that hellcat. Being able to say I BEAT YOU vs Chrysler beat you and walking away with that smile on your face like that day in suffolk. A memory that youll never have with bought power. If a 5.7 is good enough for you stock then you dont understand where im coming from and never will. If trading it on a 6.4 or trading your 6.4 for a hellcat does it then fine. Just remember its your car thats fast NOT YOU. You will never feel that pride. Its the exact reason that the more passionate here mod there 392s. heck the mod there hellcats and redeyes. They dont want some cookie cutter car that there 20 year old niece from CA can buy. They want something they can point at and say I DID THAT. If you dont understand and your happy because the girls turn there heads when your 6 cyl gt go buy as much as they do the guy with the hellcat then your not a CAR GUY.

I havent gone nuts with my srt yet. Why? Because this summer we are building a new house and money is tight. Its why i bought the used srt and not the hellcat i wanted. But before it was here a month it had a cat back, cold air, and a tune because thats all i could afford. Would i go further? i dont know. Id love to forge and supercharge it but to be honest hellcats still call me. That said id never sell it and surely wouldnt trade it in on a hellcat. Im sure many people here feel the same way about there 5.7s. Bottom line is not everyone can afford to buy a hellcat or even a scat. They look at there budget and have to really cut corners to afford an rt over a gt. So they buy it. Some said there not making sense financially. Well what makes less sense is giving the bank 10s of thousands of dollars in interest. Bottom line is if we had to justify even buying a gt it would be hard sell. Theres are certainly more practical choices in that price range if your just going grocery shopping. Heck a stock corola is about as fast and holds it value better and is most likely more reliable.

So people do it a little more conservatively. Maybe come tax return they have an extra grand. So they do a bit of modding. then love there car a bit more. Come next year maybe another grand. Then ill add this. My budget allowed me to buy my srt for 22k just writing a check. No loan needed. What would you prefer. A 392 that is paid for or put that 20k down on a hellcat that is still going to cost you 500 bucks a month for 6 years and 3 years of that you cant mod a thing. Id NEVER buy another car or truck today i couldnt pay off in 3 years. Im not buying a hellcat you claim is 70k and actually paying a 100k for it. I know one thing for SURE. I could take my low mile 22k srt and slap 30k into it and woop any 100k (real world) hellcat that cant be modded because of warrantee for half the money if i did it for cash instead of giving the bank my money.

I know one thing for sure if everyone thought like some of you chrylser would be in much better shape and there would be alot of aftermarket performance parts and installers out of work. Companies like Holley, eldebrock, pro charger, cooks and many many more would have never existed. Heck saturday night street racing would have never existed. Who would bother going to watch 12 hellcat racing against each other. Or back in the day 12 identical gtos racing. I think EVERYONE here knows that they can get a loan and buy more power right at the dealership. So why do people feel the need to tell everyone that talks about modding something they already know. Comical thing is half of those giving that advice are driving gts. Or have a r/t or scat that theyve at least modded in some way. Id also bet all that advice your giving that is your attempt at sounding like your car savoy in some way hasnt sold a single hellcat. so next time someone ask what the best mod for his 5.7 is either give him your opinion on THAT instead of telling him to go spend a 100k financing a car because at your level of car savoy thats the only way you can find speed. remember he didnt ask you what car he should buy he asked how to make his faster. Your answer for the 100th time in a month doesnt help him one bit. Matter of fact its not even for him its for YOU! Maybe the better question is why did you pony up for the 10k differnce (or more) for your scat over an r/t. Obviously going faster isnt much of a concern to you. Maybe its that everyone thinks your fast because you have those emblems on your car. Same exact reason probably 50 percent of the hellcats are sold for. EGOS not going fast. ME? Id much rather a visit from a young guy thats modded and has a 100k on his r/t and can run in the 12s then some lawyer or white collar worker who cut a check for a hellcat and has never had it over 80 who in fact doesnt even own his car. THE BANK DOES.

·
Registered
258 Posts
times havent changed. People by 5.7s because of the same reason people in the 70s bought 340s. Because its what they can afford. My first brand new car was a 340 duster. I would have loved a hemi cuda or a six pack but the duster fit my budget. I then put a manifold a holley and headers on it as i saved up for them. Just like so many others did. I sure didnt have twice the money for a hemi just like many here dont have twice the money for a hellcat. As to modding. I didnt get anymore hp out of that 340 buy putting headers on it then i would my 392. Maybe even less. Manifold and carb? Probably a grand in todays money. Take that money and slap a cam along with those headers on a 5.7 add a tune and your probably looking at 75hp!! That is a vast improvement. Then like i said you have the smile plastered on your face when you whip a car that should be faster. One of the best races i ever ran was back in 75 in suffolk VA. I lined my 340 (yup modded like i said) up against a 440 4brl cuda and an ls5 corvette on the same night and whipped both of them. Matter of fact beat that 440 twice.

Now lets take a r/t vs a scatt. Line them both up. Who would you rather be if you lost. The r/t guy can say thats the way it should have been. The guy in the 392 that preached you should have bought a car like mine instead of that lame r/t would be red faced and have his head tucked in his you know what if he lost to a meager r/t. That was the heart and soul of street racing back in my day. Even the top dogs driving there bought and paid for ls6s or hemis always had to fear the guy with dirty fingernails and a good tool kit in the trunk of there small block chev nova or dodge dart or even a amc hornet with a 390.

Anyone with good credit can buy power. Heck today you can buy more power then someone doing it with just there check book can even fathom controlling. It takes skill and passion to make a car a sleeper and it comes with something you wont get in that hellcat. Being able to say I BEAT YOU vs Chrysler beat you and walking away with that smile on your face like that day in suffolk. A memory that youll never have with bought power. If a 5.7 is good enough for you stock then you dont understand where im coming from and never will. If trading it on a 6.4 or trading your 6.4 for a hellcat does it then fine. Just remember its your car thats fast NOT YOU. You will never feel that pride. Its the exact reason that the more passionate here mod there 392s. heck the mod there hellcats and redeyes. They dont want some cookie cutter car that there 20 year old niece from CA can buy. They want something they can point at and say I DID THAT. If you dont understand and your happy because the girls turn there heads when your 6 cyl gt go buy as much as they do the guy with the hellcat then your not a CAR GUY.

I havent gone nuts with my srt yet. Why? Because this summer we are building a new house and money is tight. Its why i bought the used srt and not the hellcat i wanted. But before it was here a month it had a cat back, cold air, and a tune because thats all i could afford. Would i go further? i dont know. Id love to forge and supercharge it but to be honest hellcats still call me. That said id never sell it and surely wouldnt trade it in on a hellcat. Im sure many people here feel the same way about there 5.7s. Bottom line is not everyone can afford to buy a hellcat or even a scat. They look at there budget and have to really cut corners to afford an rt over a gt. So they buy it. Some said there not making sense financially. Well what makes less sense is giving the bank 10s of thousands of dollars in interest. Bottom line is if we had to justify even buying a gt it would be hard sell. Theres are certainly more practical choices in that price range if your just going grocery shopping. Heck a stock corola is about as fast and holds it value better and is most likely more reliable.

So people do it a little more conservatively. Maybe come tax return they have an extra grand. So they do a bit of modding. then love there car a bit more. Come next year maybe another grand. Then ill add this. My budget allowed me to buy my srt for 22k just writing a check. No loan needed. What would you prefer. A 392 that is paid for or put that 20k down on a hellcat that is still going to cost you 500 bucks a month for 6 years and 3 years of that you cant mod a thing. Id NEVER buy another car or truck today i couldnt pay off in 3 years. Im not buying a hellcat you claim is 70k and actually paying a 100k for it. I know one thing for SURE. I could take my low mile 22k srt and slap 30k into it and woop any 100k (real world) hellcat that cant be modded because of warrantee for half the money if i did it for cash instead of giving the bank my money.

I know one thing for sure if everyone thought like some of you chrylser would be in much better shape and there would be alot of aftermarket performance parts and installers out of work. Companies like Holley, eldebrock, pro charger, cooks and many many more would have never existed. Heck saturday night street racing would have never existed. Who would bother going to watch 12 hellcat racing against each other. Or back in the day 12 identical gtos racing. I think EVERYONE here knows that they can get a loan and buy more power right at the dealership. So why do people feel the need to tell everyone that talks about modding something they already know. Comical thing is half of those giving that advice are driving gts. Or have a r/t or scat that theyve at least modded in some way. Id also bet all that advice your giving that is your attempt at sounding like your car savoy in some way hasnt sold a single hellcat. so next time someone ask what the best mod for his 5.7 is either give him your opinion on THAT instead of telling him to go spend a 100k financing a car because at your level of car savoy thats the only way you can find speed. remember he didnt ask you what car he should buy he asked how to make his faster. Your answer for the 100th time in a month doesnt help him one bit. Matter of fact its not even for him its for YOU! Maybe the better question is why did you pony up for the 10k differnce (or more) for your scat over an r/t. Obviously going faster isnt much of a concern to you. Maybe its that everyone thinks your fast because you have those emblems on your car. Same exact reason probably 50 percent of the hellcats are sold for. EGOS not going fast. ME? Id much rather a visit from a young guy thats modded and has a 100k on his r/t and can run in the 12s then some lawyer or white collar worker who cut a check for a hellcat and has never had it over 80 who in fact doesnt even own his car. THE BANK DOES.
100%!! Lock this post up. I think we are done here. Hit the nail on the head. Thank you

1 - 20 of 69 Posts