Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you allow your friends, family, co-workers, etc to take your car for a quick drive? Do you get asked this question a lot?:disgust:

·
Registered
610 Posts
nope... simply because I have zero door dings.. or curb rash.. and i expect to stay the same for the rest of his life.. no body filler allowed

·
Registered
302 Posts
My wife has driven it a handful of times in two years and my best friend once. Frankly, I was more ok with my buddy driving it because he is a better driver, and appreciated the beauty and power of MOPAR. Wifey doesn't really care 'bout car stuff and that's ok with me. :smoker:

Reactions: gtu22

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Not no, but Hell NO! My husband drove it once - down the road about a mile and straight back. That was enough. I cringe when I have to take it into the dealer and the lot boys/mechanics have to drive it. And Yes, everyone asks to drive it. Simply put, they don't know how to drive standard and I'm not teaching them on MY car.

·
Super Moderator
14,214 Posts
I have only allowed six persons to drive my SRT- my two sons, my son-in-law, two close friends and my wife. Never alone, however.

·
Registered
15,069 Posts
Mine's a 6-spd and everybody I know too afraid to try it anyway, so no!
And I like it that way. :smokin:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I let my little brother, mother, father and wife drive my Challenger. I grew up in harsh circumstances so when I finally got a good job, and obtained my Challenger I let my parents and little brother drive it to basically thank them for never letting me fall to drugs or gangs. Now that we escaped poverty I feel relieved and in turn let them reap my benefits. They're the flesh of my flesh and blood of my blood, nothing else I can do but let them enjoy the vehicle, my little brother and parents let me drive their cars also. My wife doesn't like driving my Challenger but she's always welcomed to lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep, I let my Dad drive it whenever he wants. He can even leave me his truck and take my car for a week in the summer. Without him, I wouldn't have been raised to know how to work on it; let alone drive it. Hell, if it wasn't for him, I probably would be driving a minivan and not have an appreciation for the car in the first place.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Lol, my dad thinks he's the coolest cat when he drives my car, he especially loves when they ask if it has a Hemi. My little brother has a 350z and my dad hates that car with a passion, he says it's uncomfortable and for 300 pound man I would imagine it to be.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
No one ever asked me to drive the car. Besides me, the only ones are the dealer techs when I take the car in for PA state inspection.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
I dont mind if my wife drives it. I am the primary driver though. I do however get very nervous at dealership where my service gets done for 2 reasons..
1) Afraid of toying around and high rev's
2) Afraid of them going into the OBDII port. My supercharger tune is installed and I don't want it altered by them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's a big HELL NO!!! I have switched hotels when I have traveled because they told me "It's valet only".....but most will let you park your own and let you keep the keys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have let one friend drive it who owns a manual Z06 that he also let me drive, but that is it. Actually, I only let him drive because I had a few too many beers. I would let my dad drive it if he asked but that is about it!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I really don't get asked much. One kid at work asked and that was after he told me about how he took his father in-laws Challenger for a ride and did doughnuts with it. He got a "no!". Other than techs, my older brother is the only one that's driven mine. He races 911's and does a lot work on those cars. I wanted him to check it out because of the clutch issue I was feeling that the dealer was denying existed. He had some fun with it. I was in the passenger seat and he scared me a little, but I trusted his abilities.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I've let a few friends drive it but they've ALL had cars that were MUCH faster than mine and they've all driven stick for a number of years so I know they know what they're doing. I've only let one person drive it alone and that was because he had driven it before and I was in the hospital. It was either him or family...I chose him lol

1 - 20 of 48 Posts