Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... that the 6-speed manual version of the Challenger has turned you into a more aggressive and maybe sometimes, less patient driver?

I have to catch myself regularly. It definitely has me and that's kinda' not cool. :cursin:

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
... that the 6-speed manual version of the Challenger has turned you into a more aggressive and maybe sometimes, less patient driver?

I have to catch myself regularly. It definitely has me and that's kinda' not cool. :cursin:
I'm the opposite. All 4 of my vehicles are manuals. An auto would do that to me, talk to the stupid thing, why did you shift, or this sure is lame LOL

With manual its just so natural to row through the gears I'm at peace with myself. Life is good.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I accelerate a lot faster but don't go as fast on top end as I did with my auto challenger

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I don't care, no matter what I drive, get the **** out of my way. I hate being on the same road as other people. Maybe it's because i drive faster than most and most don't see anything except for what can be seen out their front windshield and they have horse blinders on. Basically, everyone else is a hazard to my well being if they are on the same road as me. have actually tones down my driving speeds though. At a point in time, going 80-90 on the highway steadily was much too often. Now i am only doing short speed burts and mostly stick to 5-10mph over the speed limit.

I have to admit that I have a lead foot and that 50mph is my speed. The car i drive dictates how fast i will get to that speed and how hard i have to hit the pedal to get there.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I drive nearly the same on the road whether I'm driving the wife's Pilot or my Challenger. The Challenger is just more fun to get up to the speed limit. :) I don't "speed" (At most 5mph over on the freeway) and I'm sure there are a lot of confused people on the road wondering why I'm just puttering along while I let them pass. :lol:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've had several Tremec's and with the exception of the TKO, they all have poor second gear synchros. Had a Cobra , and had to granny shift to keep from grinding second gear.I think skip shift was devised to reduce complaints.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I find I actually drive less aggressive with a manual. I'll drive the piss out of my wife's journey with an auto

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I find I actually drive less aggressive with a manual. I'll drive the piss out of my wife's journey with an auto
Yeah but that's what happens when you transition from a faster car to a slower one. You find yourself driving the shit out of it because it won't haul ass like your 392

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm a much more aggressive driver in my Challenger. Of course my other vehicle has a Hemi in it too but it is a big ole truck and I don't tend to drive it like my Challenger. I don't know if the aggressiveness has to do with the stick, I think it has more to do with the car than anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I love second gear with the M6, it's just awesome on streets and roads.

What has slowed me down a bit is the Magnaflow Competition exhaust. I guess it's because of how obvious it is when I get into it, the exhausts speaks the truth.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Do you feel... that the 6-speed manual version of the Challenger has turned you into a more aggressive and maybe sometimes, less patient driver?

Yeah I definitely agree! Easy to cruise around with an automatic blending in with traffic speed but with the manual just want to go thru the gears and hate when some slow poke causes an unexpected and unnecessary downshift, :soapbox:

and I swear it sounds like my car is getting louder and sounding better and I haven't done anything to the exhaust,

just really digging this car. :D

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
It will change it's tone as it ages. They also open up when you pass the ECU limited break in period

·
Registered
710 Posts
I love my M6 but I don't think it's the 6 speed that makes me drive more aggressive, it's other people on the road that do it, on a daily basic there is someone that wants to control the flow of traffic and I'm not talking about cops, it's some idiot in a pruis or some other hybred electric sucking tree hugging smart (dumb) car that sees a fast moving Hemi coming up on them and they slow down on purpose. When are people going to learn they are not going to change the world by getting in other peoples way, they think they will save gas or stop an accident by slowing us down which in reality they cause more problems on the road than the aggressive drivers, at least aggressive drivers are aware of their surroundings, tree huggers on the other hand are usually looking in their rear view mirrors smiling at you thinking their saving the world. These people need to understand I paid 1000 dollar gas guzzler tax and got no tax breaks from our government and pay for premium fuel to drive my Challenger any way I feel like it, they also need to understand just get the F*** out of my way and we can all use the road that our tax dollars built the way we want. If I'm breaking the law then it's up to the police, speed cameras, red light cameras, drive down the street with a park or school on it cameras or an eye in the sky monitoring the computer in my car to let me know that, not some tree hugging dumb car driver which by the way if they ever hit one of those trees their hugging in one of those dumb cars they would likely die. I think all those cars were built to make the liberals happy and think their saving fuel but in reality I think they were built to control population, they have failed all safety tests and living through a bad accident at highway speeds seems impossible, if only Ralph Nader were still here. lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love my M6 but I don't think it's the 6 speed that makes me drive more aggressive, it's other people on the road that do it, on a daily basic there is someone that wants to control the flow of traffic and I'm not talking about cops, it's some idiot in a pruis or some other hybred electric sucking tree hugging smart (dumb) car that sees a fast moving Hemi coming up on them and they slow down on purpose. When are people going to learn they are not going to change the world by getting in other peoples way, they think they will save gas or stop an accident by slowing us down which in reality they cause more problems on the road than the aggressive drivers, at least aggressive drivers are aware of their surroundings, tree huggers on the other hand are usually looking in their rear view mirrors smiling at you thinking their saving the world. These people need to understand I paid 1000 dollar gas guzzler tax and got no tax breaks from our government and pay for premium fuel to drive my Challenger any way I feel like it, they also need to understand just get the F*** out of my way and we can all use the road that our tax dollars built the way we want. If I'm breaking the law then it's up to the police, speed cameras, red light cameras, drive down the street with a park or school on it cameras or an eye in the sky monitoring the computer in my car to let me know that, not some tree hugging dumb car driver which by the way if they ever hit one of those trees their hugging in one of those dumb cars they would likely die. I think all those cars were built to make the liberals happy and think their saving fuel but in reality I think they were built to control population, they have failed all safety tests and living through a bad accident at highway speeds seems impossible, if only Ralph Nader were still here. lol
Did anyone else hear Boomhauer talking when they read this? :smiley18:

·
Registered
48 Posts
We have a lot of highway vigilantism here as well. Not just the Prius and holier than thou ecomentalists. I will never understand people's incessant need to slow traffic to their liking or to ride next to another car at exactly the same speed. I believe we should have twice as many signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right" than speed limit signs. However, I remember riding with my grandfather as a kid and him complaining about slow people in the left lane so this epidemic is not new!

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
We have a lot of highway vigilantism here as well. Not just the Prius and holier than thou ecomentalists. I will never understand people's incessant need to slow traffic to their liking or to ride next to another car at exactly the same speed. I believe we should have twice as many signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right" than speed limit signs. However, I remember riding with my grandfather as a kid and him complaining about slow people in the left lane so this epidemic is not new!
Of course in our imagination - Mad Max themed rocket launcher would be fun. Or a pair of 50 calibers blasting away would work.

But in reality verbal communication and the timely middle finger is all we got.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Good one! :soapbox:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts