Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my challenger for about 3 weeks.Anyone else gets really paranoid or anxious parking your car and leaving it there? I live in a apartment and my chally already got two scratches from the little girls playing with there bicycles. I never felt so sad and angry when I seen the scratches. Now I'm paranoid.

Southern California
2014 White Challenger R/T Redline

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
yep...sure do!!

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Yes, I hate leaving it in parking lots, I'll park miles past west Egypt just to keep the car away from careless people

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I've had six heart attracts and four nervous break downs when I took my car out the last ten times because i didn't want it getting scratched. I parked so far way I had the heart attacks walking to the store. And the break downs because I didn't get the cigarettes I went out for

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yep.....feel the same. I've owned 22 cars in my life and this is the only car that I obsess about...lol

I bought my car off the showroom floor. Absolutely flawless and I've been trying to keep it that way. Recently my "junker" car had a battery issue and was pretty much snowed in by the city snow plow trucks so I had to use the Challenger for a little while. My car was filthy so I took it to a hand car wash and had them also do the under carriage wash...three times (only cost $2 per time). Got the car in the garage and finished up with some detail spray and spray wax and inspected any damage. Found a couple of tiny specs on the front bumper due to all the salt on the street. Pissed me off so I got my junker started and ready for the rest of the winter.

As for parking dings, I usually plan out my trips and if I know I'm going somewhere where parking is going to be tight or congested, I will take my Murano or my junker. If not, I will circle the parking lot and look for the furthest spot or park next to another nice car.

But yea, like you, Im obsessed as well. :D

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I live in a apartment and my chally already got two scratches from the little girls playing with there bicycles. I never felt so sad and angry when I seen the scratches. Now I'm paranoid.
That's the worse thing about a new car... your first scratch. :mah:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Used to yes but not anymore...after four years it's got it's share of daily driving wounds...chips and scrapes are part of ownership

·
Registered
721 Posts
I admit I do worry a LOT right now. But my car is a daily driver and I already have a couple rock chips. Can't be helped.

Rock chips are earned and should be respected. It tells people 'No, my owner is not keeping me penned up 6 months out of the year as some garage queen. I see the road, where I belong'.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
minor driving and parking wounds can be healed...Dr. Colorchip and MeGuairs scratch repair is a good investment

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, of course. Owning a Challenger is just different from owning any other car in my opinion. When I bought this car it was an emotional purchase, not just an A to B car so I feel connected to it in a way. So yes, sometimes I worry about it like its my child because it is my child and I'm a proud papa haha.

Reactions: WALLYVINEZ

·
Registered
304 Posts
Your Challenger looks great btw. It appears that you live in an apartment and park in the apartment lot, hence the bikes. Three things that come to mind are

1) find the best spot there, with respect to kids playing, other cars, foot traffic, etc;
2) park on the street, which may be safer with respect to little dings and such, as there are no doors opening next to you and less foot traffic and kids on bikes
3) get a car cover, which will help protect it from light scratches

-shawn

·
Registered
304 Posts
YEP!! :scared:(Had her two years...) and still always park at far reaches of any parking lot..(coffin corner) .and cheat to the curb big time !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
funny this thread popped up today. dropped my car off at a local shop last night to get my cervini ram air put on. The shop is kind of tucked back in behind some other stores but my car was right along the road in the parking lot. I woke up twice last night after having dreams that I got a phone call saying it was stolen. Needless to say I drove by on my way to work this morning to make sure it was still there. So yes I guess I can say I get paranoid!

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
I had my challenger for about 3 weeks.Anyone else gets really paranoid or anxious parking your car and leaving it there? I live in a apartment and my chally already got two scratches from the little girls playing with there bicycles. I never felt so sad and angry when I seen the scratches. Now I'm paranoid.

Southern California
2014 White Challenger R/T Redline
If there are two scratches now from those kids you'll need a paint job by the end of the month.
Maybe they scratched it because you call it a "chally"?
Now being serious, they ride between the cars to be able to hit it? I'd nicely talk to the parents, next time not nicely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I still lived in my old apt complex I wouldn't have had the guts to buy my Challenger. One night while I was at work someone hit my old car while it was parked. Tore up the backend pretty good and pushed it halfway into the next spot. If that had happened to my Challenger instead of my old pos I would have died of a heart attack on the spot.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
If you go to Wal Mart just lay a shopping cart on it's side in the spaces next to you. People are too lazy to move the carts and will park else where.

Reactions: iamawild1
1 - 20 of 35 Posts