Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the scatpack is lowered 1/2 inch compared to other challengers. Plus there is a lower lip on the front of the car, which looks cool. Do you guys have issues clearing speed bumps and getting into driveways and such? I am looking to daily drive the car in the summer and winter. I have driven a heavily lowered car in the past. While it looked good and had other benefits, it was a total pain in other ways.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I don't have any problems with speed bumps as long as I'm not racing thru them. Now if your driveway is steep you have to ease into it. I always back-up when possible into parking spaces so I don't rub/hit the lower lip on the curb or stopper. My Scat Pack Shaker is my daily driver and I enjoy the hell out of it.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my 2015 SRT, even though I sometimes expect to. The front spoiler on my 2012 R/T actually had more issues with curbs than the one on my 2015 SRT.

I just drove it into a parking lot with a pretty severe entry slope, and had no issues. Heck, my own driveway catches some cars, but not mine.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Just drive it every day, like I do, and don't worry about the front airdam. Actually, they are cheaper than you may think. I'm on airdam number 3, and it was about $100 for a new one. Airdam #2 lasted all of about 2 months. Hit a big chunk of flying retread during a road trip. Damn that sound was nasty.

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
Never hit the front spoiler on anything except debris on the highway (that's another story!) but you will hit a parking curb if not careful, best to back in to be safe.

I never drag going in and out of driveways but always take it slow and always at a quartering angle. Even if you have to initially go the wrong way to accomplish this you must do it.

No problem clearing speed bumps, never hit a one.

Only time I ever hit the bottom of the car on anything was when I bottomed out in a closed construction zone at night. I saw the road going to hell but couldn't get slowed down in time and wham, it hit bottom. Twice actually. Upon inspection the only thing I see is some scuff marks in the belly pan, looks like that's all that hit.

The cars are definitely low but not really anything you can't deal with. The front spoiler clearance is 6.5 inches and the ground clearance is 4.5 inches, low but you can live with it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like this will be no problem for me from your descriptions. Front curbs could be an issue but I am probably going to get a front camara. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Factory height I never had issues. I have installed the Mopar performance springs and have to be strategic at times. It doesn't help that the roads in Atlanta are pure shit and every driveway seems to have a huge hill. That being said, I still have my original front spoiler. Haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
sorry dont mean to hijack the thread.....but could not resist

do I have clearance issue:surprise:>:)
less than 3 inches of the ground, actually more like 2.5, cannot clear a speed bump and have to plan my entry and exit out of parking lots

and yes occasionally drive it on the street, had tons of fun saturday on Diamond Back

Luke

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,596 Posts
sorry dont mean to hijack the thread.....but could not resist

do I have clearance issue:surprise:>:)
less than 3 inches of the ground, actually more like 2.5, cannot clear a speed bump and have to plan my entry and exit out of parking lots

and yes occasionally drive it on the street, had tons of fun saturday on Diamond Back

Luke
Very Bad ASS! :clap:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Never hit the front spoiler on anything except debris on the highway (that's another story!) but you will hit a parking curb if not careful, best to back in to be safe.

I never drag going in and out of driveways but always take it slow and always at a quartering angle. Even if you have to initially go the wrong way to accomplish this you must do it.

No problem clearing speed bumps, never hit a one.

Only time I ever hit the bottom of the car on anything was when I bottomed out in a closed construction zone at night. I saw the road going to hell but couldn't get slowed down in time and wham, it hit bottom. Twice actually. Upon inspection the only thing I see is some scuff marks in the belly pan, looks like that's all that hit.

The cars are definitely low but not really anything you can't deal with. The front spoiler clearance is 6.5 inches and the ground clearance is 4.5 inches, low but you can live with it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
sidd is dead on. i have a 30+ degree driveway & have to take slow at an angle & only 1 way & 1 way out. curbs can be an issue if there is a low spot in front of the curb. i've had to use a fine sandpaper to get some out. deadens the black some but is matted anyway. sometime will repaint it when get the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts