Votes: 20 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, personally, do not care for the stripes on the 2011 SRT. It reminds me too much of a Viper or Shelby Mustang. I also question the durability of all that vinyl tape. To me, the hood stripe is classic and perfectly fits the retro style of the Challenger. But, I was interested to see what you guys think.

Cast your vote. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
117 Posts
I voted no. I would do a stripe delete and put the ones I like on, my way. I like the old method of flaring out on the hood (not straight). Also, I don't like over the roof and down the rear bumpers.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I'm kind of partial to the look of old SRT hood stripe, but even then I'm not a big fan of vinyl stripes. It appears as though the only available stripe option for the new 392s will be the dual stripes.

I'd go with a stripe delete myself, but it really depends on the color of the car. White and blue looks good, blue and white looks good, but I'd have to see how silver and black, black and silver and black and white look when they start hitting showroom floors.

·
Registered
396 Posts
White with blue stripes - my favorite stripe combo
Love it on all cars , shelby's , ford gt's , old anniversary TA's
In fact this color combo is the reason I purchased the challenger
this year even though in the back of my head I see the
aluminum 426 & Charger interior in a year or so

Funny I had a 71 Cuda340 in FL. & that was my vanity plate lol
I still have the plate

I hope (FIAT:werd:) resurrects a convertible cuda with billboard option
& offer mean black phantasm version :smokin:

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I actually think the stripes look good on the IE colors but I'm planning to order a 392 at some point and will probably go for the "clean," understated look with the Stripe Delete. Probably in Billet. Quandary, since I liked the DWB but not the white seats. I thought I didn't care for the other colors. Didn't really want to go with black again, but now, with the actual photos of the Billet showing up - I think that's the one. No stripes though. May have something a bit more subtle added post sale or may just leave it as a "sleeper."

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I am not crazy about the 2011 SRT period. It is a good high performance stock engine. It has no room to build a bigger engine, In other words 3 years behind the 8 ball.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
they even give you 3 color stripe options for 2011....it makes 3 versions of every color they offer....i cant wait to see the different combinations

i always thought it looked strange to only have stripes on the hood.....full body stripes just look right...

i do wish they would have tried to make them different than the Shelby look....why not keep the same hood stripe design from 2008-2010 where they get wide by the hood scoops...then stay wide the rest of the way.....they should have been more original and made something uniquely Dodge

i like flash...the flashier the better....w/o the stripes people will mistake your car for an SE....i wouldnt pay $50k to have my car look like a $25k car....thats just me

·
Registered
653 Posts
Wish I knew what the stripes for the 392 looked like. Don't mean the IE stripes. I ordered gray stripes and have no idea what it will look like on a Black car. I'm really just praying that they're more of a charcoal gray than a brighter one. Hopefully that's why they offered silver as well, because the gray was too dark. I'm trying to get in touch with my dealer to see if he can find out about the stripe and if I don't like it I'm gonna get the stripe delete.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I actually think the stripes look good on the IE colors but I'm planning to order a 392 at some point and will probably go for the "clean," understated look with the Stripe Delete. Probably in Billet. Quandary, since I liked the DWB but not the white seats. I thought I didn't care for the other colors. Didn't really want to go with black again, but now, with the actual photos of the Billet showing up - I think that's the one. No stripes though. May have something a bit more subtle added post sale or may just leave it as a "sleeper."
I love the DWB as well but I'm not big on the white seats. It wasn't enough to stop my from ordering an IE though. I'll probably put seat covers on the seats to protect the white unless I'm going somewhere special.

I remember going to an Auto show in Feb 2010 and asking the reps from Dodge if I could custom order a DWB SRT8. They said they'd look into it and contact me. I told them I'd pay 2k extra to have it painted that way. Of course I never heard back. :) Funny thing is the IE is a 2k package. :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
i like flash...the flashier the better....w/o the stripes people will mistake your car for an SE....i wouldnt pay $50k to have my car look like a $25k car....thats just me
Come on now, let's cut the flame bait. Anyone who cares knows the difference between an SE and an SRT8. Anyone who doesn't know, doesn't care--so why should we. This topic has been hashed out extensively elsewhere, no need to rekindle the flames in here...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
Until I see these in person, the jury's still out. I think I like the black stripes on the GWE and maybe even more if they're more of a flat black rather than gloss. When the vinyl inevitably breaks down due to exposure, they could always be painted on any which way.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Personally I like the front to back stripes. Never was Crazy about my 09 with the fake carbon fiber vinyl stripe on the hood only. I thought at first I would like it but afterwards....I guess I will compare the 2 side by side once my 11 arrives to tell for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a Billet 392 with black stripes. I plan on removing the stripes from the bumpers and the roof. Not sure about the rest. I'll have to see it in person. I've always really liked the hood stripes, so I really want to give the new style a chance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wish I knew what the stripes for the 392 looked like. Don't mean the IE stripes. I ordered gray stripes and have no idea what it will look like on a Black car. I'm really just praying that they're more of a charcoal gray than a brighter one. Hopefully that's why they offered silver as well, because the gray was too dark. I'm trying to get in touch with my dealer to see if he can find out about the stripe and if I don't like it I'm gonna get the stripe delete.
I don't think switching to stripe delete should be necessary - you can just take them off if you don't like them, right?

I'm really looking forward to seeing what your car looks like with the grey stripes...Sounds very cool to me and I might try to switch based on how yours looks. - When do you think it will be built?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't think switching to stripe delete should be necessary - you can just take them off if you don't like them, right?

I'm really looking forward to seeing what your car looks like with the grey stripes...Sounds very cool to me and I might try to switch based on how yours looks. - When do you think it will be built?
It's currently in D status right now. Hoping to hit D1 by the end of the week. Dealer seems to think that it will arrive by early March at the latest. I'm having doubts as to that. I'm really hoping to just get it by my birthday at the end of March. Ridergraphix doesn't have a carbon fiber hood stripe right now so I'll probably keep the stock stripe until they get one in. I will definitely be putting pics up though when I get it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love the full body stripes!! The new look is the main reason I bought an IE (would be nice if it ever showed up). I went to a car show last month and there were two Camaros parked next to each other. One had full body stripes (after market) and the other had the OEM stripes. The full body striped Camero looked awesome!! I've owned a few Vipers and really liked the fact that my stripes were painted on. Wish Dodge had done the same on the Challengers. I would have happily paid more.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've done a complete reversal. I ordered my 2009 stripe delete because I thought the fake carbon looked cheesy, and I was hoping that I would eventually get a real carbon hood and leave it black for the contrast. I very much enjoyed the stripe delete look in the Hemi Orange SRT-8, and I'd go the same route again if my only option was the fake carbon hood stripe.

I ordered my GWE with the full length black stripes because, while I agree with other posters that the I/E reminds me of a Shelby, the Viper GTS's also used the same scheme so it has grown on me. I also thought the black/green full-length contrast would be smokin'!

I am not as worried as others about the durability of the vinyl, as my car doesn't get stored in direct sunlight.

If at some point in the future I decide to remove the stripes because I want a flat black hood instead for the contrast, so be it, but it's arriving with the full length stripes and I AM FREAKING STOKED!!!!!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
I'm not a "stripes" guy. I prefer just the plain look.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I too prefer the clean look, which is why I de-striped my R/T Classic (a sacrilege to some, I realize). Still, I think that on a car this large and with certain colors, the stripes can help break up the large expanses.

My favorite stripes are the hood and trunk Rallye ones with the different colored edges. (I think Bright White with the black with the red border stripes looks fantastic.) The new SRT stripes look good, but I don't really like how they continue down the front and rear of the car, which looks too busy to me. I like the hockey stick stripes on the old SRTs, but I wish they were flat black instead of fake carbon fiber, of which I'm not a fan. No offense, but I wish the SRT didn't have the fake interior carbon fiber trim either.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My (then) new 2010 SRT's hood had a small ding on the hood, right on
the faux cf stripe when I bought it off the lot. The only way the dealership could fix
the dent was to take off the stripe...They also said they could
not justify the cost of sending my SRT to the
subcontractor in Windsor to have the hood stripe re-applied. But since
I never was a fan of the stripe, I opted to just have a plain black
hood sans the hood stripe...

If the new SRT stripes are of the same quality, then NO, not a fan ! :disgust:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts