Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Do you plan on modifying your Inaugural Edition Challenger?

• Modify? Heck I plan on barely even driving it!

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I plan on leaving it stock

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I plan on doing bolt on mods that can be returned to stock

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • I plan on doing performance modifications (engine, suspension, etc)

• I plan on doing appearance modifications (repainting, wheels, etc)

• I plan on going all out on modifications!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to get an idea of what people plan on doing with their IEs. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
anything i do will be very minor

ive thought of putting the pistol grip shifter in....maybe/maybe not

i may do sequential tail lights.

i will probably buy some seat covers!!!...anyone know where to get a set? my 2,5,6 year olds cant sit on white seats

i consider the car a modern day collector item....it would be painful to disturb its appearance or performance...i prefer it to be stock just like if i bought a 1970 Challenger RT...id want it 100% original

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably use my Mopar bucks on a CAI so I consider that just a simple bolt-on mod that can easily be reverted back to stock and a predator tune which can be reversed easily enough.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll probably use my Mopar bucks on a CAI so I consider that just a simple bolt-on mod that can easily be reverted back to stock and a predator tune which can be reversed easily enough.
Ha ha, that's pretty much what I had in mind. Although I'm sure I will add the '70 style pistol grip and depending on how it sounds, maybe some Super 40 Flowmasters. I have them on my Roadrunner and I love the sound.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'll wait till people review the factory CAI before deciding to replace it.
Otherwise, the only performance mod I'm considering is a strut tower brace.
I definitely plan on a skip-shift eliminator and bright door sill guards, but that's about it.
Oh, and a catch can as soon as someone makes a kit that fits.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
If I get one, I plan on putting mine on 28" rims, probably spinners. Thinking lots of LEDs and neon lights, and probably a vinyl top. Oh and because I'm concerned with fuel economy, being green, and global warming, I think I'll replace the 392 with a 4 cylinder and a set of really sweet fart can mufflers.

·
Registered
398 Posts

I plan on doing most of the usual bolt ons like CAI, catch can, 180 degree thermo, and race it ocassionally at the drag strip. After about 6 months to a year I'll give serious thought to a Kenne Bell supercharger. :smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mopar short shifter, skip shift and a set of 275/40/20 P-Zeros are all in the garage waiting for the car.
And I am SERIOUSLY considering a white vinyl top to match the stripes and interior.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If I get one, I plan on putting mine on 28" rims, probably spinners. Thinking lots of LEDs and neon lights, and probably a vinyl top. Oh and because I'm concerned with fuel economy, being green, and global warming, I think I'll replace the 392 with a 4 cylinder and a set of really sweet fart can mufflers.

Don't forget to post pictures !!! :browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

:puke:
Don't forget to cut the springs and the shag seat covers. :D hehe

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll wait till people review the factory CAI before deciding to replace it.
Otherwise, the only performance mod I'm considering is a strut tower brace.
I definitely plan on a skip-shift eliminator and bright door sill guards, but that's about it.
Oh, and a catch can as soon as someone makes a kit that fits.
If there's enough Mopar Bucks left over I'll pick up the strut tower brace as well.

I will take mine to the track once in a while and will probably attempt to autocross it as well. :notallthere:

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
:puke:
Don't forget to cut the springs and the shag seat covers. :D hehe
Great ideas! Adding to the list. :)

BTW, I've exempted myself from voting on this poll, so as to avoid diluting the results. (And if I were serious about this (which I'm not) and if I were still producing kids, I'd sterilize myself so as to avoid polluting the gene pool.... ;) )

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Fuzzy dice?
Hat with feather?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I will be procharging it or getting a twin turbo setup and some slight exterior modifications.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Curb feelers?

All that and no curb feelers?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great ideas! Adding to the list. :)

BTW, I've exempted myself from voting on this poll, so as to avoid diluting the results. (And if I were serious about this (which I'm not) and if I were still producing kids, I'd sterilize myself so as to avoid polluting the gene pool.... ;) )
I was thinking you were serious at first up until the part where you mentioned putting a 4 cyl in it. :notallthere:

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Looks like only 2 of us so far going "all out."

Supercharger first, might take the stripes off, depends what it looks like in person.

Gonna have some fun with this one. You only live once.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Looks like only 2 of us so far going "all out."

Supercharger first, might take the stripes off, depends what it looks like in person.

Gonna have some fun with this one. You only live once.
I totally agree you have to enjoy it while you can or the next guys that buys it after you die sure will.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts