Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
No.

Reactions: Dannnyb23

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
293 Posts
Not pretty but repairable. I've seen a lot worse repaired when I worked at a GM dealer in the 90's.

Reactions: Dannnyb23

·
Registered
98 Posts
Depends on year, mileage, trim...etc, and what they find underneath. That doesn’t look pretty though. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
I saw one locally like that, the Dodge dealer's body shop did an outstanding job on it. Hope you get as good of a repair, good luck.

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger T/A
83 Posts
I see damage to gas tank and likely suspension parts... It's a 50/50 if you ask me. Like others said... Depends on what the current value of the car is (in not damaged condition) and if the repairs will be a large percentage of that repair. Also other factors... If it was not your fault you could be entitled to deminiahed value on top of repairs could push it over the edge of total loss.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I see damage to gas tank and likely suspension parts... It's a 50/50 if you ask me. Like others said... Depends on what the current value of the car is (in not damaged condition) and if the repairs will be a large percentage of that repair. Also other factors... If it was not your fault you could be entitled to deminiahed value on top of repairs could push it over the edge of total loss.
Gas tank?
The gas tank is under the back seat. If you are looking at the ribbed silver "box", that's a muffler.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sorry to see this. Hope you are ok.

I will say that it's totaled. Insurance company can make more by giving you a nice check. They will say it cost more because the body/frame is damaged, will cost $20K to repair. The right side is hit, but that affects the body alighnment on the left side. They may muscle you, by saying if you don't want us to total it, we will tag a salvage title on it, if you want us to repair it.

Average body shop can fix it easy and put it back on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Hey brother, first welcome to the Forum from Alabama! Hope you stick around and keep us updated as you go through this. We are all friends here (although like all friends, especially here in the South, we sometimes go at it...all in fun of course). Now, I am no insurance guy but I have done much worse to cars and had them fixed no problem. Just a guesstimate, but I think you are looking at 3-5k in repairs depending.... What was the Kelly Blue Book of the vehicle before this happened? Do you have good collision insurance? Good luck!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Not pretty but repairable. I've seen a lot worse repaired when I worked at a GM dealer in the 90's.
Nothing in the 90s relates to modern collision repair.

Replace 1/4, rear body, outer wheelhouse, trunk floor extension, possibly some inner structure. Along with associated parts... bumper, taillight and so on.

I’m curious to see the door gap on that side.

It could total depending on year, miles and model.

That’s up at $20,000 properly written at a competent shop.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I'll second the 20K. The trunk interior structure will have to be re-worked. the skin and bumper are easy replacements - but alignment and fit will be all in the skill of the shop - if they repair it. If this is a 2021, you're golden. If it's a 2019, you're on the edge. But as someone said above, it's all how it's put together, options, cost of repair vs replace, etc. - what it's insured for... etc. many factors go into a "total"; it's not always about the 75-80% book value.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
20 grand seems a bit high to me but we are lacking in depth photos. My take, as a 37 year veteran of the dealer parts and body shop world, is that if this is a young 392 car it is a decent candidate for repair. Other than that push it out back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts