Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dodge has announced its intention to double production of Hellcat-equipped cars next year, while also saying that about 900 remaining 2015 orders have been cancelled.

Those customers with verified orders for 2015 Hellcats will be given a voucher that allows them to buy the more expensive 2016 model for the 2015 price. Pricing details are still unknown.

Dodge dealers are to blame for these unfulfilled order, as many were accepting Hellcat orders knowing that they wouldn’t be able to get the cars. FCA called out its owner dealers earlier this year for promising customers cars 'without regard to available supply and without advising their customers that orders may not be filled, if at all, for many months or longer,' said FCA. Dealers were also placing large markups on the Hellcat because demand was so strong, a practice that FCA calls 'unscrupulous.'

Dodge is now trying to make sure Hellcat allocation is as painless and transparent as possible. For 2016, each dealer will get a potential Hellcat allocation total for the whole model year, so they know the exact amount of cars they can sell. Hellcat allocation is based on Dodge sales performance along with historical Hellcat 'days on lot' performance and dealers will only be able to sell the amount of cars they are allocated.

The order books for the 2016 cars will open during the second week of August, while production will begin in September 2015. Dodge will begin calling customers with cancelled orders today to fill them in on their eligibility to get a voucher.
Read more about the Dodge Axes Unfulfilled 2015 Hellcat Orders, Doubles 2016 Output to Meet Demand at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Dodge called me yesterday about my order if I wanted the certificate. I never had a VIN. I told them to cancel the order, cause I found new hellcat challenger on dodge's website at msrp. Snapped it up. All orders start over see your dealer to get into a line. As the story says each dealer will know their allocation for the entire year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Recently, I too got a call from Dodge regarding Hellcat order placed in Aug 2014. I simply told them that ship had already sailed. A year later you respond to my order - that kind of customer treatment is pathetic..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently, I too got a call from Dodge regarding Hellcat order placed in Aug 2014. I simply told them that ship had already sailed. A year later you respond to my order - that kind of customer treatment is pathetic..
I had a similar terrible experience. You have way more patience than I. I put a deposit down a 3 months ago for an SRT 392 order and had to find out myself about the 2015 cancellations. The dealership promised an order would be placed on that following Tuesday. I finally got a hold of the dealership due to lack of communication last week and he said my car had been ordered and is currently being built. When I said I want to take my business elsewhere there was no fight in giving my deposit back and losing my business.

Found out later through a friend at the dealership that it was impossible to order that car in the time frame he promised. Places like that give car salesman bad names. Hope you found some resolution with your challenger man.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guess I might as well come clean as a bit of a phony. The story I told is true; however it does have a 2nd chapter. I attended Hot August Nights (Reno, Nv) early this month. While there I stumbled on a Dealer with a 392 Charger Automatic. Holy frieoles, would have traded on the spot except it had a sun roof. So I guess Dodge is going to get another shot at me but I'm going to wait until the 2016's can be ordered. Meanwhile, I've got an absolute cherry 09 Chllngr SRT8 6spd 6,300mi that I'm going to try and list on this website before I go mainstream or trade it in. Love the car but wife hates the 6spd so I get no help driving it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
willyfast
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing