Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Dodge already make/release a barracuda OR is it just a concept car? What kind of engine and performance will it have?

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Rumor was that when Sergio saw this 'Barracuda' he killed it off. The Challenger was supposed to go away and the Barracuda was supposed to replace it. That is why the 'freshening' of the Challenger is coming next Summer. At least, that is the rumor....

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
There is no more Plymouth so there will NOT be a Barracuda.
If Dodge does that then Chevrolet should bring back the Grand Prix. Doesn't work, does it?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Hummm... "Chevrolet Grand Prix"... Sounds pretty good actually. Now, "Dodge Barracuda" doesn't sound so good.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
it's a good looking car but honestly it looks WAY too close in styling to the camaro

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Like Cuda340 said as of right now it is just a rumor if it does come I have a feeling it will be an SRT Barracuda.
Here is the story with pictures that Car & Driver released a while back.
2015 SRT Barracuda – Future Cars – Car and Driver
There was talk that is was scrapped but the latest I have heard is it may be back on but will called something else.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Dodge "played with the idea"....

But their IDEA was F'd up/ They wanted to create a "world market car" (like what Ford will do with the 15' Mustang). They wanted to create a "Ricer/Euro Tuner" LOOKING car. It would be offered in 4, 6 and 8 cylinder motors. Once the artist depictions were revealed...there was overwhelming "OUTRAGE." No red blooded AMERICAN...who REMEMBERED THE ORIGINAL 71' CUDA would APPROVE of a "RICER CUDA." Dodge backed off. Meanwhile, Challenger sales CLIMBED while Mustang sales dropped and Camaro sales "flattened." It wasn't long before Dodge realized that the Challenger production should be kept open (they seriously considered closing it down in 11'). Dodge leadership has always been, "A Day Late and a Dollar Short."

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Registered
530 Posts
I say Dodge/SRT focus on the Challenger...

Bring back Plymouth(why though) and then we can talk 'Cuda...imagine a Chevy GTO or Ford Cougar....no thnx

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
But their IDEA was F'd up/ They wanted to create a "world market car" (like what Ford will do with the 15' Mustang). They wanted to create a "Ricer/Euro Tuner" LOOKING car. It would be offered in 4, 6 and 8 cylinder motors. Once the artist depictions were revealed...there was overwhelming "OUTRAGE." No red blooded AMERICAN...who REMEMBERED THE ORIGINAL 71' CUDA would APPROVE of a "RICER CUDA." Dodge backed off. Meanwhile, Challenger sales CLIMBED while Mustang sales dropped and Camaro sales "flattened." It wasn't long before Dodge realized that the Challenger production should be kept open (they seriously considered closing it down in 11'). Dodge leadership has always been, "A Day Late and a Dollar Short."
I am so sick of the globalization of things. What happened to an AMERICAN way of life? People used to envy us, today we have morons leading us into mediocrity. Glad I bought my car when I did and have my last hurrah, the way things are going our kids will be driving electric smart cars or other piece of trash our government says they have to drive. One day the public will wake up but it will be too late.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I am so sick of the globalization of things. What happened to an AMERICAN way of life? People used to envy us, today we have morons leading us into mediocrity. Glad I bought my car when I did and have my last hurrah, the way things are going our kids will be driving electric smart cars or other piece of trash our government says they have to drive. One day the public will wake up but it will be too late.
The globalization is due to the high cost of developing an all new platform. The govt regulations are a nightmare and very high cost. There were very few in 1970... there are thousands upon thousands now. In order to be able to make money on a platform you have to utilize that platform as much as you can... that is why there is more and more consolidation in the world Auto Industry. If you can spread that development money across more units you have a better profit level. That is why you are seeing the Fiat/Chrysler tie up, Nissan/Renault, Ford and GMs failed acquisition of brands they have now sold off. Toyota/Subaru getting together for that one small sports car... any others I cannot think of off the top of my head.

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
There is no more Plymouth so there will NOT be a Barracuda.
If Dodge does that then Chevrolet should bring back the Grand Prix. Doesn't work, does it?
You are so right my friend. I've been posting,(on this topic), for the longest time that Plymouth is dead, so is the resurrection of a true Barracuda.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: yladrd61

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
If they wanted to make a

Dodge Cuda, and it was good. No one would have a problem with it. No one cares. In the big scheme ..we drive Fiat Challengers. Cadillacs are really GM products. Does anyone really care that SRT is not a Dodge? I'd gladly buy a Chevy Firebird if it was a good product.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Dodge Cuda, and it was good. No one would have a problem with it. No one cares. In the big scheme ..we drive Fiat Challengers. Cadillacs are really GM products. Does anyone really care that SRT is not a Dodge? I'd gladly buy a Chevy Firebird if it was a good product.
How about a Dodge Prius??? LOL

1 - 20 of 53 Posts