Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis confirms 6.2L Supercharged HEMI at FCA Shareholder Meeting

10K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Toxic11 
#1 ·
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (the new name for the merger of Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat SpA) held a day-long conference at Chrysler Group headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan today to share Q1 earnings information and reveal the company's much-anticipated plans for today through 2019.

Although FCA did not provide a live stream of today's events, FCA has uploaded PDF's of today's individual conference segments, which can be obtained by logging on to http://fcagroup.com.

During Tim Kuniskis' presentation on the current status and future of the Dodge brand, including the full merger of SRT into Dodge along with production on Avenger being ended this year and production on Grand Caravan being ended in 2016, a page can be seen with Dodge's current lineup of engine options and technology features about each specific motor (Page 13).

The PDF containing information shared at today's shareholder meeting is attached to this post.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Already talking about it in the '15 thread. Everything announced today having it's own thread discussion will get messy, quick.

#5 · (Edited)
Dodge hasn't released any firm data yet. All they've done is say that a 6.2 SC HEMI does exist.

Rumors/estimates claim around 640-680 BHP and around 640 lb-ft torque.

But those are just estimates, nothing has been confirmed yet... :disgust:

#6 ·
Page 31 of the report has some interesting stuff. The Challenger will continue in production through 2018 and there will be a Dart SRT in 2016. Depending on what type of engine it gets, it should be a screamer with an excellent power-to-weight ratio. (Note: Dart weighs 3,186 lbs.- almost 1/2 ton less than the Challenger).

#18 ·
No mention of MultiAir from the 6.2L SC HEMI, which I expected to see?

WHY AM I LAUGHING UNCONTROLLABLY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was so awesome!

#9 ·
Imagine a 6.2L supercharged...

3200 pound Dart.

#11 ·
Meaning they took a 5.7 and bored UP to 6.2 instead of 6.4? Yes most likely...

#12 ·
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but 6.2 is the cylinder volume so it could also be just different Pistons or head shape. Doesn't necessarily mean the cylinder is a different size. Boost won't kill an engine, detonation will.

#20 ·
First-time member, (soon to be) first-time owner of true muscle car, looooong time lover of American Muscle Cars; but I have a question.

According to what news that is out on the new HellCat, it appears a 2-fob system will be used wherein possession of the second fob will be required to unleash the full fury of the HellCat.

My question is this: is this technology proven? I mean, the technology that allows the onboard computer system to control a substantial portion of the system's overall power.

As a child of the '70s, I long ago learned one should not buy the first year production run of any major new upgrade, technology, etc. I am getting a 2015 Challenger, and am seriously considering the HellCat (in for a penny, in for a pound, and I"ve waited far too many years to scrimp now). HOWEVER, my concern on this technology is whether I'm going to be constantly fearing an electronic glitch, a fried computer chip or some other high-tech bug that turns my HellCat into a pedestrian pile of metal, and will require me to spend even more money getting it fixed.

Is this a reasonable and valid concern, or am I being too paranoid.

If the former, then I might demur and only get the 2015 R/T Shaker with the 6.4 Hemi; if it is the latter, then barring any major financial crisis in my household, I'm gonna order the HellCat.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

#21 ·
First-time member, (soon to be) first-time owner of true muscle car, looooong time lover of American Muscle Cars; but I have a question.

According to what news that is out on the new HellCat, it appears a 2-fob system will be used wherein possession of the second fob will be required to unleash the full fury of the HellCat.

My question is this: is this technology proven? I mean, the technology that allows the onboard computer system to control a substantial portion of the system's overall power.

As a child of the '70s, I long ago learned one should not buy the first year production run of any major new upgrade, technology, etc. I am getting a 2015 Challenger, and am seriously considering the HellCat (in for a penny, in for a pound, and I"ve waited far too many years to scrimp now). HOWEVER, my concern on this technology is whether I'm going to be constantly fearing an electronic glitch, a fried computer chip or some other high-tech bug that turns my HellCat into a pedestrian pile of metal, and will require me to spend even more money getting it fixed.

Is this a reasonable and valid concern, or am I being too paranoid.

If the former, then I might demur and only get the 2015 R/T Shaker with the 6.4 Hemi; if it is the latter, then barring any major financial crisis in my household, I'm gonna order the HellCat.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Whereas the dual-fob approach in the upcoming Hellcat may based on an entirely different engineering approach; the concept has been around for a while.

Case in point.......perhaps you remember a few years back when the Corvette was available with valet key, that in essence, performed the same function as this Hellcat dual-fob performance arrangement.

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.