• Pentosin ATF44

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm a new owner of Challenger 2013. I have very limited knowledge about cars, but I would like to give my car some TLC. I order my parts and other accessories from RockAuto because the Dodge Service Center here in the country I'm residing at has the prices doubled than RockAuto. Anyways, I went to a mechanic and he asked me to buy a transmission fluid, and I was wondering which transmission fluid is the best for the performance of my car. I have seen some posts here in the forum for the advisable tranny fluid, but I would like to know if Pentosin ATF6 Transmission Fluid is better than Mopar Transmission Fluid. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions! Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 HCWB. 2017 Scatpack.
2,665 Posts
Personally, Id stick with what the factory recommends.
There is a reason why all those big salaried engineers at Dodge / SRT suggest what they do and even go as far as putting it in the owners & shop manuals. This is one area where you may want to head their advice.
If memory serves me correct, it should be Mopar ATF+4 (basically an HSF, but spec for chysler).
You can never go wrong with using momma mopar brand in a mopar, its normally not any more expensive or cheaper.
What I wouldn't do, is deviate from the suggested type, there are additives, binders, different friction modifiers, pressure ratings, etc which may well differ from what the trans requires and in some cases, be totally incompatible.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
11,243 Posts
As long as it’s ATF+4, you’ll be fine. One isn’t necessarily better than another

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would recommend the ATF+4 , simply because that’s what it came with and obviously has worked fine til now
On my 11 , I pulled the dip stick tube plug and made a dipstick from a light piece of wrapped cable , fed it down til it touched , then marked it
After changing the filter and pan gasket I added 7qts or so and then slowly topped it up til it was back to the original level
O issues so far

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried royal purple in my trans that’s in my ram diesel truck …. Can’t say it was any better - certainly was more expensive
I went back to atf+4 on my last service
Hope it works out for you

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Font Material property Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
2013 R/T
432 Posts
ATF+4 is only made by 1 maybe two manufacturers. Its all rebranded. Valvoline is readily available off the shelf part store brands are as good, its all the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh ya?
I just got the mopar labelled stuff - but that’s good to know

As far as not changing trans fluid….
Mine had a 120k on it and I’m not the original owner - so I dropped the fluid and I’m glad I did
It was murky brown , and , tho it didn’t smell burnt , it smelled nasty
For the$100 to change it out , I figure it’ll be good for another 120k…..

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sorry but that's hogwash. From the manufacturer position, the "life" of the vehicle is about the length of their warranty or financial obligation (3-7 yrs, 100k miles, typically).

From the end user position, who want a vehicle to run reliably without significant transmission or gear related failures, for 200k, 300k, 400k, 500k, miles and 20-30 years, fluid and filter changes are mandatory services. There's simply no way a fluid and filter are going to last 20 years and 200,000 miles reliably. These should be changed around 5 years or 50k miles, no more than 10 yrs or 10k miles if one wants a reliable long lasting vehicle without huge repairs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
32,992 Posts
Automatic ZF transmissions are filled with our specially developed ZF-LifeguardFluid transmission oil. At very high operating temperatures, oil ages faster than under normal conditions. Depending on driving style (e.g. sporty driving or lots of high-speed drives), ZF Aftermarket therefore recommends a transmission oil change every 100,000 km or after 8 years at the latest.

They have changed the attached documents several times. Older showing

Depending on the driving style, ZF recommends a transmission oil change every 80,000 to
120,000 km or after eight years at the latest.

Latest showing none of the above ;)

Methinks some lawyers were having chats, lol. As I have a lifetime warranty as well as supposed lifetime fluid, all is copacetic

A Guy

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts