Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dodge Challenger 2015 5.7 8 Speed 1/4 mile time

Hello to everyone,

I'm a new challenger R/T Owner. My car had 3800 mile stock tires
K/N cold Air intake kit
Flowmaster series 40
Everything else is stock.
I seemed to run consistent 13.9 in the 1/4 mile at Orlando Speed world
I'm not sure what these other guy are doing to run 12.3 because I sure is hell tried and I couldn't Am I doing something wrong Please help advise.
See time slips attached

IMG_20160228_201915.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your car should be able to run 13.5, with a great launch & reaction time. Stock, that is about where you will be, on average.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
392 cars are the ones running low 12s stock. The 5.7 automatic cars will run low 13s on their best launches on street tires. Drag radials can put them in the high 12s. You can still cut at least a half second from your times though with a better launch. You should be able to run 13.2 - 13.4 pretty easily with practice.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,214 Posts
N2OBlowenRT,
truth be told, there are a hundred factors involved. Track conditions, tires/traction, air temp, altitude, reaction times, suspension set up, engine tune, cars loaded curb weight..etc..etc..etc. All and more can play a factor both good or bad.
As stated, your times are not too far off from normal for basically stock, but with the right mods all working together, optimized by the right tune, shaving some dead and unsprung weight out of the car (these cars are heavy but respond well on a diet) and a good day at the track, you can break into the very low 13's / high-high 12's, but you dont get there with the flip of a switch, it takes practice, trial and error / observation of others trying to do the same thing, a bit of a budget and the willingness to keep at it.
Hemi4us

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Our 5.7 5a ran 13.39-13.53 consistently. We did have an MBRP catback, otherwise stock.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
For 5.7 cars, I would stick to a 275/40/20 drag radial. Nitto 555R is a popular choice and the new Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S tire seems to be the top choice right now and is slightly more expensive. It's all about that 60 ft time. If you can get into the low 1.8 or 1.7 range then you'll be in great shape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys I decided to buy the diablosport unlocked ECU and programmer today. I also ordered the Mickey Thompson tires as well. I'm thinking about doing a procharger soon as well. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hey guys I decided to buy the diablosport unlocked ECU and programmer today. I also ordered the Mickey Thompson tires as well. I'm thinking about doing a procharger soon as well. Any recommendations?
Good choice on the tires and tuner. What size tires did you get for the rear? I'm assuming either 275/40/20 or 305/35/20?

As far as Procharger, with the kit plus install probably looking at around 7500-8500 bucks roughly I'd say between the kit itself, dyno tuning and install total. 7psi would give you a good 140 to the wheels. If 5.7 cars are roughly making 330 to the wheels let's say on avg, then it would put a 7psi 5.7 car around the 470 to the wheels range which is about 550 crank hp. If you have the money, I'd shell out extra for longtubes and a full catback to allow more flow and increase output even further. With 7psi w/ longtubes and full exhaust you could be looking at closer to 500 to the wheels or very close. 480-490ish to the wheels I'd say as a guesstimate. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also you wouldn't have to worry about forged internals with a 7psi kit from procharger. The 5.7 will be able to handle it. I would say if you wanted to up boost to 9 or more then you would have to look into forging first but it depends on what your goals are. But if you stick with a 7psi kit, then your 5.7 w/ drag radials can run mid 11s easily at that point with a good launch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts