Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“I can’t speak on any prior vehicle development, or any future, but we are aware that people are meeting demand for a Dodge Challenger convertible through the aftermarket,” said Hellman to MC&T during the Roadkill Nights event two weekends ago. “I’ve seen one personally, it’s a pretty nice looking car. But like anything else, there has to be a business case that will support it.”

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,327 Posts
The dealership where I go for service has done several convertible Challengers; they've even taken them to the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, and sold them on the spot.

That said, I don't care for the look. With a soft top, you lose what is to me the most iconic design element of the current car; that piece that most purely harkens back to the original Challengers. It is the roof line and the "hip" angle at the rear side window. The soft top roof can't fully capture the line, and that "hip" is de-emphasized as a result.

Also, the trunk becomes meaningless as a result.

Now, if they did a hard top convertible, and sacrificed the back seat area entirely for storage of same.....

My $0.02

Reactions: Gront and FreddyG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dodge doesn't sell nearly enough Challengers to support a convertible given the Mustang and Camaro production. The Challenger's seat belts have been engineered for a convertible since its 2008 reincarnation.

Neighbor has a 2009 B5 Blue Challenger convertible, looks pretty with top down, but the black canvas top takes away from its appeal.

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dodge doesn't sell nearly enough Challengers to support a convertible given the Mustang and Camaro production. The Challenger's seat belts have been engineered for a convertible since its 2008 reincarnation.

Neighbor has a 2009 B5 Blue Challenger convertible, looks pretty with top down, but the black canvas top takes away from its appeal.

Matt
I am not sure what the production numbers are but I see way more Challengers than Camaros and Mustangs combined. They seem to be everywhere. Mostly sxts but I see a crap ton of Hellcats and RTs too. Not so many SRT8s though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts