Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1401 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Stumbled upon this searching through Dodge Challenger related news tonight.

Fiat Chrysler to reveal Dodge Challenger Demon SRT in New York

The article was taken down and scrubbed from Google search within 30 minutes of it being posted, but I managed to cling on to the URL long enough to pull a cached version of it for you guys. There are some typos in the article (like the Hellcat being referred to as a 6.8L engine) but for the most part it sounds legit, and Detroit Free Press is a credible news source.. what do you guys think??

***EDIT***

Welp its official.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will be a meaner Hellcat halo car

Official Dodge Teaser videos leading up to the unveiling can be found HERE.

More links:

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Promises To Be Even More Insane Than Any Hellcat

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon: a Hellcat on Steroids?

The Dodge Demon is coming, an evil mutation of the Challenger SRT Hellcat

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Will Be Lighter Than A Hellcat

This Might Be The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Way Before You're Supposed To See It

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Getting Drag Radials, Wide-body

What Does The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon's Mysterious License Plate Mean?

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Is Going To Suck Harder Than Metallica After They Sold Out

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Will Come With A Crate Full Of Goodies

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Sounds So Nuts You Might Think It's Broken

The Dodge Challenger Demon Might Only Be Available With An Automatic

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Has An Insane Cooling System No Other Car Has

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Will Be Able To Run On 100 Octane

IT LIVES

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Is Officially An 840 HP Drag Strip Nightmare

840-hp 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has arrived: Here are all the details

Whoa! Dodge Demon to get 840 horsepower

·
Super Moderator
13,601 Posts
The Detroit Free Press is a reputable newspaper and it quoted Tim Kuniskis. Also, FCA already has a logo. Incredible as it sounds, a badder Hellcat engine will be coming in a limited edition Challenger!!

FCA will be using the previous Hellcat commercial, "Cage," (see link below) with a twist. The caged Hellcat morphs into a Demon!

·
Super Moderator
13,601 Posts
Fake news.Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
The Hellcat forum has also been talking about a new Demon model. We'll know for sure on or before April 15, the start of the New York International Auto Show. In the meantime, it's fun to speculate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What a coincidence. Earlier today, I was reading about Twisted Sister lead singer Dee Snider's Dodge Challenger that he customized with an updated version of the Demon logo -- Celebrity Drive: Twisted Sister's Dee Snider And His Dodge - Motor Trend

I looked it up because in Dec. 2015 he showed up at a middle school performance of "A Christmas Carol" featuring one of our friend's daughters, along with his grandchild, and he was driving a plum crazy Challenger.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the meantime, it's fun to speculate.
Indeed it is. I'm willing to bet this will coincide with the release of the refreshed 2018 models. I'm thinking changes for the 2018 models will include revised front and rear fascias with retro throwbacks to the 1972-73 Challenger, along with a widebody variant, hopefully with some 305s or 315s on the rear. Hard to really say much beyond that.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Widebody and special drag race Hellcat models coming for 2018, cosmetic refresh is 2019.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,142 Posts
New official challenger SRT demon

New halo car coming to dodge called the challenger SRT demon. If this is real I can't wait!!!!

"Named after the 1971 Dodge Demon, a muscular variant of the Dodge Dart that packed a 340-ci (5.6-liter) V-8, the new “ultimate performance halo” will be unveiled in April at the 2017 New York auto show, two days prior to the premier of the “Fate of the Furious” in which is may be appearing.

“Most cars attempt to be everything to everybody. Then there are the rare few that revel in a single objective, rendering them totally irresistible to a subculture,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car brands for Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT for North America. Adding, “The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car [length], and a half second is your reputation.”"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.automobilemag.com/news/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-coming-new-york/amp/?client=safari

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
Yes definitely official, good post! I never saw the name change to Demon, we knew the car was coming but had been called the ADR (I never liked that anyway lol). This will be a 9 second car if they want it to be, just depends how wild they want to get for production. Will come with fender flares and 315/40-18 drag radials, new hood and other cool things. Also factory line lock. Gonna be wild.

Here's the factory press release:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18083&mid=1

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,874 Posts
Man the insurance for this will sky-rocket if they increase the horsepower, pays to play I guess.

1 - 20 of 1401 Posts