Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1401 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have trouble understanding what going on.
Wasn't he doing a burnout?
Was the car not suppose to move forward or something?
The car stopped before the driver wanted it to (I'm assuming from the video) with TCS completely disabled the tires will keep spinning until either a human or a wall/car stops them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
The car stopped before the driver wanted it to (I'm assuming from the video) with TCS completely disabled the tires will keep spinning until either a human or a wall/car stops them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I thought he let the brake up enough to let the car go forward then I thought he slammed on the breaks. :dunno:

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Demon Authentication Package arrived today. It's kind'a cool for a buck. It has a Demon envelope, Demon embossed folder, plastic bag with your build sheets, and a business card that you can put in your wallet (I guess) that looks carbon fiber with your Name, vin, serial number and options on it.

Well worth the buck it cost. Excellent marketing from Fiat Chrysler. Don't know what I'll do with it, but I'm glad I ordered it.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
It's great to see that folks are actually taking delivery of their Demons!

Questions for all of you: Any chance the Demons listed on the Dodge.com site are cars ordered by dealers and will be put up for sale when they reach the lots? I was under the impression that that would not be possible. If they are, can the buyer still purchase the Demon crate? And, lastly, does anyone know just how much the insurance from Hagerty costs per year??

·
Super Moderator
14,861 Posts

Questions for all of you: Any chance the Demons listed on the Dodge.com site are cars ordered by dealers and will be put up for sale when they reach the lots? I was under the impression that that would not be possible. If they are, can the buyer still purchase the Demon crate? And, lastly, does anyone know just how much the insurance from Hagerty costs per year??
Vehicles that are in-transit (shipped from plant / invoiced to dealer) will show up as dealer stock as well as what is "on the ground" at that given dealership.

I imagine that a Demon that was ordered as dealer stock (but not titled) would be eligible to have the Demon Crate ordered by the buyer - there's probably documents that are prepped by the dealer in conjunction with the purchase docs to do that.

[this may be the steps to precluded anyone else from trying to order the crate that didn't purchase a Demon model - otherwise I could see folks trying to buy these and then flip them on eBay]

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Vehicles that are in-transit (shipped from plant / invoiced to dealer) will show up as dealer stock as well as what is "on the ground" at that given dealership.

I imagine that a Demon that was ordered as dealer stock (but not titled) would be eligible to have the Demon Crate ordered by the buyer - there's probably documents that are prepped by the dealer in conjunction with the purchase docs to do that.

[this may be the steps to precluded anyone else from trying to order the crate that didn't purchase a Demon model - otherwise I could see folks trying to buy these and then flip them on eBay]
Thanks Hal. And I would imagine the dealers are still gonna ask for a little mark-up...:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
14,861 Posts
Thanks Hal. And I would imagine the dealers are still gonna ask for a little mark-up...:grin2:
I'd venture after they've been sitting around for 6 - 8 months with "market adjustment" added prices, the owner of the dealership would be barking at the GM that they have >$78K worth of inventory costed them in flooring fees and interest that should be moving along much faster.

Then reality sets in about realistic pricing.

All these dealers were doing this with '16 Hellcats, thinking it would be a replay of how it went when the '15s came out.

Look how many on CT found new 'Cats that were year old new inventory at times below MSRP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd venture after they've been sitting around for 6 - 8 months with "market adjustment" added prices, the owner of the dealership would be barking at the GM that they have >$78K worth of inventory costed them in flooring fees and interest that should be moving along much faster.

Then reality sets in about realistic pricing.

All these dealers were doing this with '16 Hellcats, thinking it would be a replay of how it went when the '15s came out.

Look how many on CT found new 'Cats that were year old new inventory at times below MSRP.

When I was doing a Web search for local Widebody HCs, a Demon showed up as being in-transit to a local dealership. I figured it had to be sold, but it couldn't hurt to just give them a call to find out the status.

Turns out, it was pre-ordered by some dude, but he couldn't get insurance on the car and the dealership said it's "Available"....Holy Smokes!!!! That excitement lasted for 3 seconds when I said I would give them MSRP for the car and a deposit right now. They want.....wait for it...............$50k over sticker....Car's still available.

·
Super Moderator
14,861 Posts
When I was doing a Web search for local Widebody HCs, a Demon showed up as being in-transit to a local dealership. I figured it had to be sold, but it couldn't hurt to just give them a call to find out the status.

Turns out, it was pre-ordered by some dude, but he couldn't get insurance on the car and the dealership said it's "Available"....Holy Smokes!!!! That excitement lasted for 3 seconds when I said I would give them MSRP for the car and a deposit right now. They want.....wait for it...............$50k over sticker....Car's still available.
And when its Jan 2019 - it will still be "available" and the price might come down - slightly.

$135k - that's just absurd.

A local dealer had a '12 Viper (that was the latest version, after the interruption in production) with $15k markup, which put it ~ $134k...sat behind ropes in their (smallish) showroom almost 2 years.

Then FCA dropped the MSRP on Vipers by $15K...

Probably had to mark that down, since the newer models were cheaper MSRP.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts

Holy Crap! Even more than I would expect. I gotta think its gonna be there a while...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
At least for some time, a dealer would love to have a Demon on display in their showroom. After a while, it would be as Hal said, money on their books just sitting. As there are no doubt more than 3300 rich people with extra cash around, I imagine an available car will eventually sell. Watching Mecham you see, for instance, a Super Snake with 12 miles selling. Obviously bought as an investment. It is a crapshoot, and likely a better return on gold or good stocks. A Guy

·
Registered
32 Posts

I got my Demon at list, by telling the dealer that I would buy a Track Hawk (Grand Cherokee with a Hell Cat engine) at list, if I got an allocation. Two months later, while I was filling out the paperwork to order the Track Hawk, he told me that he got an additional one (1) allocation, and did I know anyone that would want it. I didn't ask if it was at list or not. I was already getting one, and so I didn't want it. I probably should have taken that one too. But it was taken right away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
At least for some time, a dealer would love to have a Demon on display in their showroom. After a while, it would be as Hal said, money on their books just sitting. As there are no doubt more than 3300 rich people with extra cash around, I imagine an available car will eventually sell. Watching Mecham you see, for instance, a Super Snake with 12 miles selling. Obviously bought as an investment. It is a crapshoot, and likely a better return on gold or good stocks. A Guy
Alright.....My crate has arrived. Came from Adrian, Michigan - delivery guy said they had more than 3000 to deliver by the end of the year. Mine was the first one delivered in Michigan.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
More pictures
Last of the pictures.
Big difference between Ford, who had me fill out pages of reasons why I deserved to get one of the fine GT's, only to get a form letter "dear john" telling me that I was unworthy,
and Fiat Chrysler who did an excellent marketing job on their Demon, Crate, Build sheet, etc.
It's like a second Christmas, in January.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
Congrats ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
VERY NICE..........

Yup, I remember the good old days you young wipper snappers only read about.
When a HELLCAT was some thing Special :eek:(

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
241 miles...what's the break in on the Demon? Speed limited to 168, that's what the tires are rated up to

NOTE:
DRAG mode features (Line Lock, TransBrake, andLaunchControl)are not available within the first 500 miles (805 kilometers) of engine break-in.
View attachment 2018-Challenger-Demon_SU-1st.pdf

A Guy

1361 - 1380 of 1401 Posts