Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

New spy photos could lend credence to rumors claiming a 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Drag Pack may be offered for the 2019 model year.

Insider information, some of which was first shared on our forum Hellcat.org, helped spark rumors that Dodge will be offering a Drag Pack option on the Challenger Hellcat for 2019. Now prototypes for the drag race-focused Hellcat have been photographed undergoing testing. The prototypes feature the narrow body of the Challenger Hellcat, but with the Air Grabber hood from the Demon. Word is the Challenger Hellcat Drag Pack will receive about 75% of the content offered on the Demon, and will also get a slight bump in output from 707 hp to around 725 hp.
Read more about the Dodge Challenger Hellcat Drag Pack Coming in 2019 With 725 HP at AutoGuide.com.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Interesting that the rear spoiler is the non Hellcat type and it has chrome exhaust tips. Is that car maybe the SRT or Scat Pack Widebody?

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
That looks like a Hellcat, the Demon is also using that style spoiler.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
That looks like a Hellcat, the Demon is also using that style spoiler.

Hmmm, I don't know..., although they have used that spoiler on a few Demons, I've never seen it on a Hellcat and they also haven't used those exhaust tips. Wheels are 18 WB Cat tho.
Now with a Drag Pack the dipped spoiler would be a good choice to reduce drag. You could be right since there probably just putting different components together. Sad to say, all three of those cars are probably destined for the crusher.

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Does the HellCat come with a front mount intercooler?

Yes, two of them actually. One behind where the driver side fog light would be and the other larger one in front of radiator dead center. And they are water to air coolers where the supercharger has it's own cooling system and electric water pump to cool it down, it's quite a system. Behind the passenger side fog light hole is the engine oil cooler.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I like to remind the ford guys how their god Shelby was sleeping around.

That looks like a car I had..... 25 years ago. Forgot the name. Also went by Challenger I think. ( no relation ) I guess I had a plymouth. Something...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, two of them actually. One behind where the driver side fog light would be and the other larger one in front of radiator dead center. And they are water to air coolers where the supercharger has it's own cooling system and electric water pump to cool it down, it's quite a system. Behind the passenger side fog light hole is the engine oil cooler.

The one pictured above looks like an air to air intercooler, but I'm not well versed on how the HC coolers and such are placed and look.

I knew they had a water to air cooler, just didn't know what it looked like. This one just looks odd to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That looks like a car I had..... 25 years ago. Forgot the name. Also went by Challenger I think. ( no relation ) I guess I had a plymouth. Something...

It's a Selby Charger, Omni based. Plymouth would have been a Turismo.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
It's a Selby Charger, Omni based. Plymouth would have been a Turismo.

Turismo! Tha's it. Thanks. Not a bad beater for the time. I mean mine. Not that fancy.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
The one pictured above looks like an air to air intercooler, but I'm not well versed on how the HC coolers and such are placed and look.

I knew they had a water to air cooler, just didn't know what it looked like. This one just looks odd to me.
It’s water and air,has its own recovery tank.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
Tunnel Chaser
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing