Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I bought the 2019 challenger from an auction and the front end had been hit. I had a body shop paint the front end and put the parts together, but as you can see the front bumper needs to be a little lifted to match with the hood. He said there might’ve been a part missing but I’m not sure what part that is or what it’s called. He wasn’t sure either, he said it lifts the front end to match near the height of the hood so there isn’t that huge gap. ANYTHING WOULD HELP. Thank you in advance. It’s my first challenger I can afford, but the build is draining me.

·
Registered
Special order. 6 speed manual
2,358 Posts
Your bumper is put together wrong on the top. The cover isn't over the grill flange, it's in front of it. That's exactly what happens, I have seen it a dozen times. It's an easy fix.

You need to take the hood seal off the bumper along with all the plastic rivets that hold it on.

Next you need to pull the bumper cover over the grill surround. It's a bit of a struggle but do-able.

Here is a cut away pic that shows the wrong way and the right way. Have the shop fix it, should take 15 minutes .
Handwriting Rectangle Font Writing Paper

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your bumper is put together wrong on the top. The cover isn't over the grill flange, it's in front of it. That's exactly what happens, I have seen it a dozen times. It's an easy fix.

You need to take the hood seal off the bumper along with all the plastic rivets that hold it on.

Next you need to pull the bumper cover over the grill surround. It's a bit of a struggle but do-able.

Here is a cut away pic that shows the wrong way and the right way. Have the shop fix it, should take 15 minutes . View attachment 1021013
Thank you very much, I’ll do this first thing tomorrow and let you know the results. I’ve been stressing a lot about it because the guy said it was missing a part and I tripled checked all the orders and nothing was missing.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
My 16 had the opposite problem, the outside corners were too high. Never could find out how to fix it after the shop who did it went outta business. Oh well, I did end up fixing it by trading her in!

·
Registered
267 Posts
take a look under the black closeout pieces under the hood that are on either side of hood catch, they pop off easily.the mounts for the header are there and i can tell you mine were all missing.they are only plastic push clips.i replaced with 3/8 bolts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
My 16 had the opposite problem, the outside corners were too high. Never could find out how to fix it after the shop who did it went outta business. Oh well, I did end up fixing it by trading her in! View attachment 1021058

View attachment 1021057
The problem there is that it’s still wrecked. That’s probably why the shop went out of business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me know if this solves the problem please.
Hey yes it was a big difference and I also found out that a piece called front fascia support was broken so I had to buy a new one and with those two pieces of information one being what OregonScat said and the broken piece that I bought the hood looks much better, there is still some room but I believe that’s where the front fascia seal goes on there, which should seal the entire thing perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
take a look under the black closeout pieces under the hood that are on either side of hood catch, they pop off easily.the mounts for the header are there and i can tell you mine were all missing.they are only plastic push clips.i replaced with 3/8 bolts
My 16 had the opposite problem, the outside corners were too high. Never could find out how to fix it after the shop who did it went outta business. Oh well, I did end up fixing it by trading her in! View attachment 1021058

View attachment 1021057
sometimes that’s the best thing

·
Registered
1 Posts

Here is a cut away pic that shows the wrong way and the right way. Have the shop fix it, should take 15 minutes . View attachment 1021013
You are a freaking lifesaver! We literally spent $2,000 on a new bumper attempting to fix this gap and it was still there! We just checked and did this and the gap is pretty much gone! Thank you so freaking much!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
You are a freaking lifesaver! We literally spent $2,000 on a new bumper attempting to fix this gap and it was still there! We just checked and did this and the gap is pretty much gone! Thank you so freaking much!
Glad it worked. I'm serious when I say, it's very common that these are assembled wrong after the front end has been worked on.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
5,346 Posts
Glad it worked. I'm serious when I say, it's very common that these are assembled wrong after the front end has been worked on.
Will add I picked up my 2020 Scat Pack after the front end damage was repaired. The bumper cover fit was not good. Took it back and the body shop found a replacement bracket, a factory part, was broken, and allowed the bumper cover to droop. A new factory bracket was obtained and installed and the new bumper cover fit much better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, so I bought the 2019 challenger from an auction and the front end had been hit. I had a body shop paint the front end and put the parts together, but as you can see the front bumper needs to be a little lifted to match with the hood. He said there might’ve been a part missing but I’m not sure what part that is or what it’s called. He wasn’t sure either, he said it lifts the front end to match near the height of the hood so there isn’t that huge gap. ANYTHING WOULD HELP. Thank you in advance. It’s my first challenger I can afford, but the build is draining me. View attachment 1021008 View attachment 1021009
I have the same issue amongst other things

1 - 15 of 15 Posts