Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a sad case of irony, the Challenger outsold both the Mustang and Camaro in it's next to last production year before it is killed off.

· Premium Member
6,000 Posts
Brilliant! Take the lead on sales.......and kill off the car line entirely. Someone named Tim K should be fired. Stellantis is a dumpster fire. One of my friends of 30 years just quit there, said DO NOT buy anything after 23. The Puegeot guys are in charge, and don't know what they are doing, HR can't backfill existing openings, people are taking early buyouts, so the people left are swamped with work.

· Registered
225 Posts
Dodge sales are going to tank starting in 2023 without a Challenger/Charger replacement. Whoever is responsible for product planning ought to start updating their resume. That EV Charger is not going to sell in big numbers. As a matter of fact, their is an open acknowledgement by auto exec's that they have over committed and over estimated the EV movement.

· Registered
821 Posts
I think it's a ruse to spike sales, and keep the Challenger around. Sorta like when Motley Crue, Ozzy, or the Stones had their "last tour," 10 times. Each time ticket sales sold out.

Dodge sales are going to tank
Dodge sales are already extremely weak. It's like they don't want to sell vehicles. They sell almost none compared to other makers.

· Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dodge sales are going to tank starting in 2023 without a Challenger/Charger replacement. Whoever is responsible for product planning ought to start updating their resume. That EV Charger is not going to sell in big numbers. As a matter of fact, their is an open acknowledgement by auto exec's that they have over committed and over estimated the EV movement.
Yes I agree. With the Charger/Challenger representing 70% of 2022 sales, this is corporate suicide. The new EV's will not come close to replacing these sales and anyone that thinks they will garner that level of acceptance is living in a dream world. If there is any semblance of sanity at FCA, they need to be in panic mode.

I think it's a ruse to spike sales, and keep the Challenger around. Sorta like when Motley Crue, Ozzy, or the Stones had their "last tour," 10 times. Each time ticket sales sold out.
Ordinarily, I would agree with you. But, the government didn't outlaw old rocker's touring. They are the Hemis. And unlike Ford and Chevy, they don't have the #'s of offset vehicles that match or exceed CAFE standards to allow them to keep making V8's. Poor management and planning. Heads should roll.....and probably will.

· Registered
2011 SXT
5,735 Posts
Tim K is a corp rear smoocher. He is a total idiot and cares less as long as he gets his pay from Stellantis.
His speech No one Wants a Car... Really then what was making the most cash for Dodge? Challenger, Charger...
Also his knowledge of Dodge history and not knowing a Charger from a Challenger etc., shows hes just a spokes person
with no vision nor creativity.

· Registered
821 Posts
Stellanis sales were down worse than the other big automakers, -12% YOY from 2021 (correction, Honda took a beating too and Nissan got pummeled). I think GM was about flat, Toyota down -10%, Ford -2%.

I think current rankings are
1/2: GM and Toyota basically tied at 2.2 MIL
3/4: Ford and Stellanis tied at 1.8 MIL
5/6: Hyundai and Honda tied at 1.4 MIL

I think Tesla hit about 1.5 MIL and was up 75% in 2021 and 45% in 2020. Tesla passed like 5 automakers this year or last. It's clear that SOME in the industry see this as a niche market and they can compete better there, than in the ICE market.

I personally think that's a mistake. I think ICE is the bread and butter, keep them. If they want to make a new subdivision car company and try EV then go for it.

I suspect Dodge sold every Challenger they made, and they could probably double production and sell all of them. With Stellanis selling 1.7 million total, and about 55,000 Challengers, they are fools to kill the car. They should go the other way and ramp up production by a factor of 10!

· Registered
22' Challenger SPWB Frostbite
448 Posts
Ordinarily, I would agree with you. But, the government didn't outlaw old rocker's touring. They are the Hemis. And unlike Ford and Chevy, they don't have the #'s of offset vehicles that match or exceed CAFE standards to allow them to keep making V8's. Poor management and planning. Heads should roll.....and probably will.
THIS! So accurate, as always @SKT PK 9 Man is on the same page as me!

· Registered
611 Posts
Repent, repent. The end of the world is coming. :oops:

Enjoy reading SKT PK 9 Man's perspective at this situation; keep them coming my friend. At my age, I've seen my share of consumer goods that were discontinued, that folks loved and bought, but ironically, I'm still here.

I'm going out to the garage now to hug my Challenger and Camaro; not in any order.

· Registered
22' Challenger SPWB Frostbite
448 Posts
What I’ve been wondering is how long new parts will be available? Not used parts but brand new factory parts. I keep trying to get things I want for my car because it seems like Stellantis wants to empty that warehouse and never look back.

· Registered
2016 RT A8 Blacktop
263 Posts
What I’ve been wondering is how long new parts will be available? Not used parts but brand new factory parts. I keep trying to get things I want for my car because it seems like Stellantis wants to empty that warehouse and never look back.
Sales are up ofcourse also because of the ending news.

But what parts? There are a lot of B category parts and it shares same with 300c, charger , etc from past over 16 years. You can buy new suspension parts even fror ford sierra with no problem and thats 30 years old.

If you are talking about brandnew ecu modules and something like that then i guess 5-7years is average.

· Registered
2,340 Posts
Little do they know ev cars are going to get disposed of like iPhones and create tons of waste. Nobody is going to buy ev cars used..
Used Electric Car Market Taking Off As Prices Slowly Drop (businessinsider.com)

For those who want one, and don't want to commit $40K for a Tesla Model 3, a used one at $20K may be a good point to try it out.

Toyota's Nickel-Metal battery are warranty for 10Y-100K miles. Some said it will last 180K-200K miles. And have proven longer.

Lithium-ion should last longer.

Like a sports car, I'm sure the battery in a Tesla Model S Plaid won't last long as owners probably blast that 0-60 in 2.9 seconds at every stop light. So it will all depend on how owners take care of them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts