Dodge Challenger Forum banner

521 - 540 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Sorry I didn't explain that very well, I mean for instance, is my car number 20 out of 268 that were built in the color F8 in 2018.

Maybe its not possible.
Don't think that is possible to know.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
So i guess I missed the 2017 total post which says a total of 51,167 were produced in 2017. This is some 30k fewer than numbers for 2016. That seems unlikely, what am I missing?

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
So i guess I missed the 2017 total post which says a total of 51,167 were produced in 2017. This is some 30k fewer than numbers for 2016. That seems unlikely, what am I missing?
2017 was a very short model year, only about 9 months compared to a 13 month run for the 2016's. Sales were still down for 2017 but maybe not as bad as it seems.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
by Special Request

Found out from Plmcrzy that RT Plus Shaker numbers for Go Mango are exactly USA = 45, CAN = 17, Exp =6
He said vehicles shipped to Puerto Rico was counted a USA, but found out that FCA was using Puerto Rico as shipping location for Exports.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Based on your stat sheet, 2009 B5 Blue output appears to have been hampered due to Chrysler's April 30, 2009 bankruptcy.

2009 B5 Blue 1,419
2010 B5 Blue 2,031

If I remember correctly, 2009 production stopped in order to clear dealer inventory in order to terminate the dealership agreements of ~ 800, or about 25% of its dealerships.

matt

·
Registered
150 Posts
Based on your stat sheet, 2009 B5 Blue output appears to have been hampered due to Chrysler's April 30, 2009 bankruptcy.

2009 B5 Blue 1,419
2010 B5 Blue 2,031

If I remember correctly, 2009 production stopped in order to clear dealer inventory in order to terminate the dealership agreements of ~ 800, or about 25% of its dealerships.

matt
The 2009 bankruptcy could have been a factor. I'm not sure. Typically, output is tied to sales and model year factory production schedule. Year to year differences in output have more to due with the fact that model year production duration is different every year. I don't have the start stop dates handy for the the 2009 vs 2010 model year, but I bet they are a different duration. The other factor driving output differences is the Challenger sales are starting to take off along with the US economy.

-=PLMCRZY=-

·
Registered
456 Posts
Cool info, what about SHAKER cars? According to FCA I have a 1 of 1 car, but I would love to know how many are close to it, color, transmission wise.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cool info, what about SHAKER cars? According to FCA I have a 1 of 1 car, but I would love to know how many are close to it, color, transmission wise.
I'm guessing your VIN ends in 9998. I would would be happy to assist with your questions. A Config Tree might be the the right place to start.

-=PLMCRZY=-

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm guessing your VIN ends in 9998. I would would be happy to assist with your questions. A Config Tree might be the the right place to start.

-=PLMCRZY=-
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, how would you know, I would love to get more of this information? Are you the person that emailed it to me?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, how would you know, I would love to get more of this information? Are you the person that emailed it to me?
I'm not the dude from FCA. Your build info is in your post. "2018 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Shaker Dynamic, Tech, Leather, Convenience, H.K Audio, S.P. Appearance, Sunroof, A8 " Enough info to figure it out.

-=PLMCRZY=-

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm not the dude from FCA. Your build info is in your post. "2018 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Shaker Dynamic, Tech, Leather, Convenience, H.K Audio, S.P. Appearance, Sunroof, A8 " Enough info to figure it out.

-=PLMCRZY=-
OK, cool, thanks. Since you have access, what all can you tell us about these. Can you do a break down on 2018 SHAKER 392s?
Also, talking with my dad about my car, and math in general. (he's over 80, and we talk a lot of math stuff to keep our minds working...)
We were wondering, if you pick a year, like limit it to 2018, how many 1 of 1 cars are there?
If you think of it from the statistics, if there was say a B5 with certain options that was also 1 of 1, and a Destroyer Gray (Grey?) that was also a 1 of 1, you could say that there are 3 "1 of 1" cars so that could make it more interesting. We can take this to PM if it would be better.

521 - 540 of 544 Posts
About this Discussion
543 Replies
215 Participants
The Mountain
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing