Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Need information.

I am looking for Torque specifications for my Dodge Challenger RT 2015 with performance brakes.

Front and rear specs

caliper bracket bolts torque specs
20 inch Wheels lug nuts torque specs
And such....

I’m going to do my own brake job.

Would Haynes repair book help with this as well?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
121 ft. lbs. - Front
98 ft. lbs. - Rear
Put some blue thread lock on each bolt.

Wheel lugs torque to 111 ft. lbs.

This is the spec. for my '15 SRT and am assuming you would fall into the same category with your performance (6 piston front?) setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
121 ft. lbs. - Front
98 ft. lbs. - Rear
Put some blue thread lock on each bolt.

Wheel lugs torque to 111 ft. lbs.

This is the spec. for my '15 SRT and am assuming you would fall into the same category with your performance (6 piston front?) setup.
Thank you for the information. Are you running Brembo brake for the SRT?

My mistake if I stated performance brakes, meaning on my RT running Front 2 piston caliper each side.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,476 Posts
The brakes on the R/T are called Performance, but that basically just means ‘R/T Brakes’ when it comes to brake hardware. All R/Ts have Performance brakes unless otherwise upgraded, in other words.

I have the torque specs for the caliper bracket bolts somewhere, I will find them and update this thread shortly. They are not as high as the 121/98 like the Brembos though...rears are something like 84, can’t remember fronts...will look them up now to be sure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The brakes on the R/T are called Performance, but that basically just means ‘R/T Brakes’ when it comes to brake hardware. All R/Ts have Performance brakes unless otherwise upgraded, in other words.

I have the torque specs for the caliper bracket bolts somewhere, I will find them and update this thread shortly. They are not as high as the 121/98 like the Brembos though...rears are something like 84, can’t remember fronts...will look them up now to be sure
Nuke, thank you for the information. Please, that will help!

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
Reactions: GalaxticLunatic

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For everyone.

Dodge Challenger R/T '15 torque specs

Wheel lug nuts: 110 ft/lbs

Front caliper guide bolts: 44 ft/lbs

Rear caliper guide bolts: 23 ft/lbs

Front caliper bracket bolts: 70 ft/lbs

Rear caliper bracket bolts: 85 ft/lbs

Brake hose to caliper bolt: 37 ft/lbs

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
ill throw in that getting 85 lbs on that top rear bracket bolt is tricky if you're just doing the job in your garage while up on jack stands. It's possible, yes, but i needed and odd combo of 1/2" extensions and sockets to get around everything and up on the bolt squarely enough to allow torqueing it to 85 lbs without slipping off and rounding bolt edges.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts

A Guy

Reactions: tjarnagin

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
What is a brake tube, and why is that publication claiming it to be insane??

Maybe it’s a typo, supposed to be Brake Tuba? No, there is no way you can combine the dulcet sounds of a banjo with the ominous sounds of a tuba and get good music...that would just be nuts...NUTS!! I figured it out!!!

I am so smart...smart, smart, smart...S-M-A-R-E-T!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
It's a male

A Guy

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
It's a male

A Guy
?

<scratches head>

<rubs chin and stares into the distance>

Are we engaged in some sort of “who’s on first, what’s on second” routine, and I’m just not aware of it?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,539 Posts
Brake tube nuts...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
Brake tube nuts...

A Guy
OIC...

Leave it to you to take a serious discussion about the juxtaposition of banjos and tubas and drag it down into the gutter...

Now can we get back to the important topic at hand please?

So who else is tired of seeing someone playing a sousaphone on TV and hearing it referred to as a tuba? I mean, come on TV people, y’all get like a bazillion dollars a year, yet you can’t be bothered to properly label the musical instruments you use in the scenes where impending doom needs to be conveyed auditorilly?

Also, what do I need to do to get ‘auditorilly’ added to the dictionary as an actual word?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts