Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 2015 dodge challenger sxt. Yes it's a V6. Can someone please tell me what I can do to make the exhaust sound either the closest to a V8 sound. Or at least to make it sound like an amazing powerful V6. I know that a V6 can't truly sound like a V8. I just want my car to sound really good and not like a crappy exhust mod. I don't have a lot of money to spend on the exhaust mod. Maybe like 300 to spend at the most. I know that 300 is not going to get me far but it's all I got. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
304 Posts
I think you might have the best luck with searching YouTube. I imagine people are sharing their exhausts sounds for the v6. I know a lot have for the v8. It gives you a decent idea what it might sound like.

Depending on the quality of the speakers you are listening to YouTube with it will still sound different but def a good starting point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
I agree on listening to some Youtube videos to a certain extent, but know for a fact you will not get a real world sound from videos. I'm of the opinion that unless you or your exhaust shops knows for a fact what individual components will work, a good cat back exhaust is your best bet.

I have the Solo Performance exhaust, and it sounds good. I have heard many videos where people say so and so exhaust sounds close to a V8, but I don't agree...so far

For $300 you'd be looking at changing mufflers and hoping that gets you the sound you wish for. Good luck

A Guy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts