Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Autoweek.com (full article here) has an interesting article up which discusses the need to differentiate Nascar from the Busch series by changing car platforms. The suggestion being discussed is to use the Pony cars for the Busch series. Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers to be exact.

This poses some significant pondering. This appears to be another incentive for Dodge to produce the Challenger and get additional halo effect from it.

What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well , this sounds interesting and agree that that could be just one more incentive step to green light production of the New Dodge Challenger ! :) One race I'd like to see would be with no more than a dozen 2006 Dodge Challenger Concepts in a variety of New &/or old Oem colors ! I 'd like to also see a few 2008-9 Challenger Supercharged T/A's/// :D Plymouth 'cudas packed with that 7.2L /605 hp !!! It could be staged on either a 5 mile track or even a crosscountry endurance and speed race kind of ala a Vanishing Point Theme [[ ahhhh.. without the disastrous ending though !!!!!! Whhheeee-Haaaawwwww:eek: www

·
Registered
181 Posts
They surely need to do something to differentiate the series. They're almost identical now. Especially since "stock car" racing no longer has anything to do with "stock" cars. Of course, that will only get worse with the "Car of Tomorrow."

Don't get me wrong, at this point with so much similarity between vehicles thanks to the template, I don't see that being a bad thing. But, for the hardcore Dodge / Chevy / Ford / (Toyota?) fans, having a unified vehicle may kill the sport.

And if the Challenger becomes part of the new breed of Busch series, you may just see the Busch series eclipsing the Winston... I mean, Nextel Cup series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts