Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Recall thing makes me wonder. I bet they only recall (required?) if it's a Safety Issue. Others may be on the Edge of the Problem and Time my Wake it up..like after Warranty.

What about this Battery Cable Thing. Is the Gauge to Small? Bad Crimps? You know, with the Battery in the Trunk...that's a long run for the Positive Cable..needs to pretty big. Maybe
2 or 1 gauge? I see the ground cable is small 4 or 6 gauge and short and directly to the Frame in the trunk. Maybe they replace it?

I wonder what the Super Stocks used for cable size in the Early sixties? Of course they did not have all the Electronics to deal with either.

I worked R&D for Outboard Marine Corp. in the 80's and 90's on Stern Drive Products. When we started using the Ford 460ci Big Blocks we had starting issues sometimes. When the engines were hot, the cranking would be slow or no crank. Found out we needed to use larger battery cables...especially if the Batteries were not close to the Engine. In our test boats we used the same size cables as the small block Chevy's at first! No Good!

There is a Formula for Cranking Draw and length of Battery cables required. I don't have it at hand. Bigger is Better! I know that!

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
I know on my 64 Dart with a stroker I run Diesel double 00 cables to the starter, and it is only a 7' cable. Less resistance is required if you need to pull a lot of amps when you crank it up. Maybe a similar issues is the issue? I had them run my VIN and they said I am not lited for this recall on the cable and battery.. Hell I take a new battery, mine is about 7 months old now.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Just purchased my second Challenger, this time I got an SRT8. I have been experiencing the hard crank issue. At times it feels like the car is not going to start, it acts like the battery is nearly dead. I am taking the car to the dealer today for an issue with the drivers seat cover, I am going to have them look into this as well. I truely apperciate this post. I have seen dealers who simply dismiss customer complaints because at the time of the service visit the issue does not occur. This list, not unlike the internet itsself, gives the comsumer more information and hopefully a better way to communicate with the dealer service personell. I know most service advisors are professional and care about what they do, however some are just working a job and if you do not buy something from them,ie paid services, they write you off. I hope this list is going to be maintained long term, it seems to have been awhile since it was updated? Keep up the good work helping fellow MOPAR owners get the services their cars need, my hats off to you for this thread!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for keeping this info up to date

Part 3. Rapid Response Transmittals

RRT Date .. Model Yr … RRT # …............................ Description......................

06/03/09 … 0809 … RRT-09037 …. Passenger Side - Heated Seat Wire Retention

I received a call this morning from the dealership where I purchased my 09 Srt8. I was informed of the passenger seat (heated seat) wire issue. I drove to the dealer and they had me in and out of there in exactly 5 minutes including the paperwork. I had no idea this was an issue until I got that call. Sure enough I moved the seat forward and the wire was unpluged. They just plugged it back in and added a zip tie to secure the wire. I have attached a few pics. Now that I found this post I will keep checkin back. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Hard crank has gone away. Dealer said my cr was not listed in the affected VIN's so they did not do the RRT. They did not experience the issue, go figure, when I got home with it guess wht it did? YUP hard crank! In any case it has been some time since this post and I thought I would update my post. The car now has a few thousand miles on it and it seems to be getting over the slow crank issues. It still does it some, but only after heat soaking after a hard drive and put away wet, then restarting within a few minutes. The issue I think will resolve its self so no more dealer visits for this!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
need help - delayed shifting

More than once now, by 2008 srt8 Challenger ( Canada ) has gave me some strange results while driving. Just last saturday, I tried to ( quickly ) pull out on to a major road ( had to cross over 2 lanes to get to middle turn lane ) I waited until I had one way clear then stepped on the gas pedal and nothing happened for a few seconds, then it seemed like it took a deep breath and then moved, slowly at first then like I expected it to move!!! quickly....

I have also found that after a quick exceleration, it sometimes feels like it is stuck in the wrong gear and will not release. All this in automatic mode.

has anyone else had this happen ? or does anyone have any idea what I should tell the dealership ( I am blonde ) but none of my Z28's ever did anything like this.

Also the starter is acting up again, they have replaced it once already, because of 'hotspots'.

thanks everyone
Belinda in Toronto:scratchhead:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just tell the dealer what it is doing and have them fix it. Don't take any B.S. from them. Also have them change the starter again. Good Luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just noticed this one RRT-09066 and mine has this exact same thing but was bought in December. It states that it's for any unsold vehicles. Do you think I'll have any problems getting this fixed now that it's been owned for 10 months?

·
Registered
465 Posts
On my 08 Challenger, the rubber gasket around the bottom of the windshield does not fit tight. It has gaps between the rubber and windshield. Is there a TSB or a recall for this?

·
Registered
465 Posts
On my 08 Challenger, the rubber gasket around the bottom of the windshield does not fit tight. It has gaps between the rubber and windshield. Is there a TSB or a recall for this?
Took our Challenger to the dealer where we purchased it. The body shop manager is ordering me a new part under warrenty. They have treated me right.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
400 Posts
TT9001970 … 0809 … Seat cushion to seat back frame bolts too long (New shorter replacement bolt available, p/n 68039245AA)

cant print this tsb for dealer. help

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seat stitching color in 2010 B5

Brochure had stated that I would have blue stitching in seats for my 2010 B5 Blue Pearl? The center console stitching is blue, but the front seats and rear seat are gray? Any info? Picked up car lst friday eve...have not been to dealership r/t bad weather. I have other cars to drive in bad weather! :)

21 - 40 of 83 Posts