Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,049 Posts
USA Today is reporting the following:

WASHINGTON — Chrysler is recalling 40,131 2010 vehicles, including the Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Dodge Ram, Jeep Commander and Jeep Grand Cherokee to fix a faulty ignition switch module. The defect "could result in the potential for unintended vehicle movement and could increase the risk of a crash," says the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

"These vehicles may have been built with a wireless ignition node module exhibiting a binding condition of the solenoid latch," said NHTSA in its recalls summary of the problem. "The result of the defect could lead to a condition where the key may be removed from the ignition switch module prior to placing the shifter in park. This could result in the potential for unintended vehicle movement and could increase the risk of a crash."

Chrysler said it is "not aware of any confirmed accidents or injuries related to this issue," in other paperwork filed with the federal government.

Chrysler and Dodge dealers will replace the module for free. The recall is expected to begin in July. Owners may contact Chrysler at 800-853-1403.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
USA Today is reporting the following:

WASHINGTON — Chrysler is recalling 40,131 2010 vehicles, including the Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Dodge Ram, Jeep Commander and Jeep Grand Cherokee to fix a faulty ignition switch module. The defect "could result in the potential for unintended vehicle movement and could increase the risk of a crash," says the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

"These vehicles may have been built with a wireless ignition node module exhibiting a binding condition of the solenoid latch," said NHTSA in its recalls summary of the problem. "The result of the defect could lead to a condition where the key may be removed from the ignition switch module prior to placing the shifter in park. This could result in the potential for unintended vehicle movement and could increase the risk of a crash."

Chrysler said it is "not aware of any confirmed accidents or injuries related to this issue," in other paperwork filed with the federal government.

Chrysler and Dodge dealers will replace the module for free. The recall is expected to begin in July. Owners may contact Chrysler at 800-853-1403.
Cuda,

Since it says "placing the shifter in park" can I assume this would only apply to automatic cars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Challenger Recall - October 2010

Here the newest recall if anyone is interested.

Chrysler Recall 2010 Details and Contact Info

To avoid the possibility of engines catching fire, a recall has been announce for more than 26,000 Chrysler and Dodge vehicles. The Chrysler Recall includes model year 2010 Chrysler 300s, Chrysler Sebrings, Dodge Avengers, Dodge Challengers and Dodge Journeys, as well as 2011 Dodge Rams.
A defective power steering pressure hose can leak power steering fluid onto the engine, Chrysler said in their statement. A fire may occur if the engine is hot at that time. According to Chrysler officials, there are no reported incidents or accidents associated with the design problem as of late.
According to the defect report that Chrysler submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), discovery of the issue occurred at a testing facility of the Yokohama Hydex (YH) in South Carolina, makers of power steering and air conditioning components. On a number of occasions, pressure hoses separated at the crimped end of the assembly during testing.
Around 26,397 Chrysler-manufactured vehicles produced between late June and late August of this are subject to the recall. Chrysler will notify the owners of affected vehicles. Afterwards, Chrysler dealers will replace the power steering pressure hoses free of charge.
Chrysler hopes to avoid customers suffering injuries and contacting a personal injury lawyer due to their miscue. Recall notices will be served to Chrysler owners this month. Customers may also contact the company at 1-800-853-1403.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@ResumeSpeed - Can you tell us where you got this TSB info? I see the links are to WKJeeps.com, but I can't seem to find a full listing for Challenger TSB's on that site. I'd like to find a site that lists all Chally TSB's so that I can setup an RSS feed in Outlook. That way I get notified when this site updates their TSB list. I'll post a how-to for others if I can do this, as I'm sure we'd all like to be aware of service bulletins & recalls for our cars.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ths TSB and recalls are at the beginning of this post.

·
Banned
368 Posts
Wonder if RS got fed up with all the bashing in other posts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
He did not elaborate....... his concerns.

Wonder if RS got fed up with all the bashing in other posts.
rd;

Yes, it appears that RS got upset for one reason or another and has taken
his ball and gone home.......

:smokin:

·
Registered
102 Posts
FLASH: Update...

rd;

Yes, it appears that RS got upset for one reason or another and has taken
his ball and gone home.......

:smokin:

I stand corrected, RS has returned to rejoin the game.....

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
368 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....thanks for updating RS. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Anybody else having trouble with the links under the TSB# column in post#1? They're not working for me.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Try Ctrl + Left Click
Thanks, but same thing. It already opens a window with a regular left-click, but the file never downloads. Also tried right-click and save, but file never downloads. Must be the site has a problem. I'll try again during the week.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8
23 Posts
I bought a used 2012 Challenger SRT8 with about 14.4 K miles. After seeing this list, I want to take it in to a dealer to have them fix what needs to be fixed. Unfortunately I've had some bad experiences at dealerships with my last dodge. Any other options? I really don't trust dealerships

61 - 80 of 83 Posts