Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I was browsing just out of curiosity, and I stumbled upon this Radio. I was actually wondering if anyone may have already have this in their vehicle. And if its worth the buy, cause that Original look is nice.

View attachment 1008235

Dodge Charger/Challenger 8.4″ T-Style Android Radio – ADC Mobile
From my understanding, this is the CarPlay feature through UConnect, if you mainline your phone with a usb cable in the centre console, you should have a display similar to this.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Actually, that is not the factory radio at all - it's an Android 8.1-based aftermarket, plug-and-play head-unit. First direct-replacement aftermarket model that I've seen.

However, it doesn't seem to support XM, performance pages and who knows what else that the factory units support. It does say that it supports HVAC controls, backup camera and parking sensors though. Not sure about things like heated seats/heated steering wheel.

Aftermarket Android-based head-units are a little sketchy though - I installed a plug-and-play ANdroid unit in my 2012 Impala and it was pretty poor quality. Not sure about these "Linkswell" units though. Not much info on them "in the wild" that I could find.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd like to know why they couldn't design some RCA outputs on it. This could be cool for guys like me who have a base model RT with the 7" uconnect. We don't have nav or any of those other features anyway.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT, 2018 Dodge Challenger RT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From my understanding, this is the CarPlay feature through UConnect, if you mainline your phone with a usb cable in the centre console, you should have a display similar to this.
Yeah no I understand that CarPlay comes with the Head Unit from Factory. But this is a radio that I stumbled upon trying to find a solution to my Dodge Dart. And I was like man that looks good cause it doesn't veer off from the manufacture radio look-wise.

Plus I have bought the Wireless Carplay adapter, just cause I hate the look of cables all over my car.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart GT, 2018 Dodge Challenger RT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, that is not the factory radio at all - it's an Android 8.1-based aftermarket, plug-and-play head-unit. First direct-replacement aftermarket model that I've seen.

However, it doesn't seem to support XM, performance pages and who knows what else that the factory units support. It does say that it supports HVAC controls, backup camera and parking sensors though. Not sure about things like heated seats/heated steering wheel.

Aftermarket Android-based head-units are a little sketchy though - I installed a plug-and-play ANdroid unit in my 2012 Impala and it was pretty poor quality. Not sure about these "Linkswell" units though. Not much info on them "in the wild" that I could find.
Yeah man that's why I asked if anyone knew about these... I appreciate it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.