Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
17,240 Posts
Current MY ('21) plus three more -

probably what will trigger a redesign will be crash impact standards if there's a significant change upcoming

·
Registered
929 Posts
Concerning no next gen models are being developed/worked on by now. When this run ends, what happens to Chrysler and Dodge?

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is electrification on the horizon for FCA’s SRT (Street and Racing Technology) division?

Oh, absolutely. The key is that, when we go there, we’re going to go there with purpose. We aren’t just slapping an electric power train in our car. It’s going to support the brand’s ethos.

Yahoo Lifestyle: Fiat Chrysler’s Design Lead on the Future of Cars and Why the Industry Gets a ‘D’ for Diversity.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,240 Posts
So that means by 2024 the V8 Engine as we know it today will be gone forever.
Or its done with smaller displacement engine - there's eTorque on Wranglers and Rams so that's probably what is on the horizon

·
Registered
17 Posts
My source at SRT says no one is working on anything new, heck only the clay modelers are in the office.
It's kinda sad but also a good sign because, despite being a decade old design and based on a nearly 20 year old mercedes platform, they keep on selling to me customers!

We want to see the lighter weight , high turbo or supercharged variants. We want the return of the " barracuda ". We want the sleek ultra fast dodge electric charger or viper.

But for now, we'll settle with our clunky V8 snarling plow horses until 2024..:love:

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pac
41 Posts
There are folks in the home office that remember the opec oil crisis, gas guzzler taxes, and etc that made it necessary for dealers to give away dream muscle cars. If I had stroke at Dodge I would be looking to see what happens 11/3 and trying to react appropriately after that.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I's love to see the charger go more throwback to the originals with the front and rear ends etc. That's the reason I love the Challenger so much to be honest. It looks like what it's heritage says it should.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
So we will have the current body and interior until at least 2024? No anticipated yearly changes on anything?

·
Super Moderator
17,240 Posts
there's no information about the future years - FCA is very locked down on information leaking out

there could be tweaks or refreshes like comparing an '10 vs. '11 there were subtle changes to the front fascia / steering wheel / IP cluster and some features added (automatic climate control) -

so there's many possibilities - or different styles of wheels or interior colors / upholstery stitch patterns.

Its unlikely that everything would be locked down and stay exactly the same for '22 / '23 / '24

One example was '21s now have memory settings for seat / mirrors as part of the Plus Package option over the '20 and earlier

and with the "variants" mentioned in the articles involving the union negotiations, there's the possibility that electric assist may appear with different drivelines.

FCA has been working with ZF about having hybrid ready ZF 8 speeds for RWD applications available - not further details have been released, so that's an unknown on exactly what and when

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
What year will be the end of the 392 V8 with current body and i nterior styling?
Will there be more available color combos as far as interior and exterior goes??
i.e. If you want the Go Mango color for the exterior it doesn't allow you to order with the red alcantra interior. You have to get the black interior. If you get white exterior then you can get the red interior. When ordering it won't allow such color selections or combos as far as interior and exterior.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts
...id be happy with a trunk lid that doesnt fill the trunk with water, when I open it after it rains or I wash it. not too much to ask..or is it. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Reactions: modain and jtrosky

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,240 Posts
What year will be the end of the 392 V8 with current body and i nterior styling?
Will there be more available color combos as far as interior and exterior goes??
i.e. If you want the Go Mango color for the exterior it doesn't allow you to order with the red alcantra interior. You have to get the black interior. If you get white exterior then you can get the red interior. When ordering it won't allow such color selections or combos as far as interior and exterior.
there's a reason why that combination is not offered.

Bright Orange body paint with a Ruby Red interior - there's pretty much nobody that would take that combination.
-very clashing colors

1 - 20 of 37 Posts