Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I doubt very much there will be a lightweight stripped down version of the Hellcat Charger, despite the fact that many of us would want that. They'll be loaded with every luxury option.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah but its still a 4 door sedan. They should build a 2 door Hellcat charger. 707hp is too much for a family car. Undoubtedly there will be no 6 speed option on the Charger Hellcat if they build it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
106 Posts
I doubt very much there will be a lightweight stripped down version of the Hellcat Charger, despite the fact that many of us would want that. They'll be loaded with every luxury option.

You may be correct...

But remember this...Many thought that the Challenger was going to have "just over" 600 horsepower. And...many thought that the Challenger would have an MSRP of $80K...

Who knows? Tim Kuniskis could have a few more surprises for the Dodge faithful!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah but its still a 4 door sedan. They should build a 2 door Hellcat charger. 707hp is too much for a family car. Undoubtedly there will be no 6 speed option on the Charger Hellcat if they build it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Build a 2 door charger to cannibalize sales of the Challenger? Probably wouldn't be the smartest business move. I'm sure it will will be a hit for those who want the speed of the challenger with the added practicality of 4 doors.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
You may be correct...

But remember this...Many thought that the Challenger was going to have "just over" 600 horsepower. And...many thought that the Challenger would have an MSRP of $80K...

Who knows? Tim Kuniskis could have a few more surprises for the Dodge faithful!
Yeah those folks have been awfully quiet. :4:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would venture to guess that the comparison would be less about weight and more about AWD versus RWD. The Charger is pulling away while the Challenger is sitting at the gate trying to get the tires to hook up. If they made an AWD Hellcat Charger I would be very interested to see how it performed versus the Challenger.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
The discontinued the AWD Charger... so they could make a AWD Charger Hellcat, which would cost more to make due to upgraded components needed to handle the torque and hp requirements of the Hellcat?

Ain't happening...

They'll have their hands full trying to put out a Dart SRT4 AWD as it is.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
This is what I hate about Torque News and their user-submitted content... it's wrong a lot, lol. The author of the article has based his whole premise of a 'possible' lightweight Hellcat Charger outrunning a Hellcat Challenger on the fact that the 2014 Charger Super Bee had a lower curb weight.

All sounds somewhat plausible... until you realize his stated curb weight of the Super Bee is 3,961 lbs when it is actually 4,365 lbs. Add to that, the Super Bee does not have adaptive suspension, which adds more weight, then add in the extra weight for the Hellcat blower, coolers, fluids, etc.. it will end up heavier than the Challenger.

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts