Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wish my Dodge service department was like my Chevy one. We have an "Auto Mall" here in Tucson. A long drive with all car dealerships. At one end is a Dodge dealership. At the other a Chevy dealership. As far as the service experience goes, might as well be on different planets. The contras is stark.

My last Dodge service experience: Had a recall for the seat connectors and had a vibration. Went online and set up an appointment. They were supposed to get back with me but never did so I called to set up the appointment. Made the appointment at opening time so there would be a chance that 30 minutes worth of work for the recall at least could be done in ten hours. No such luck. Specified to the service advisor about the vibration exactly when, where, how, speed, not RPM related, grade of road, swapped tires, everything so we would not waste time troubleshooting things that did not need to be trouble shot. Service writer puts down nothing as detailed, pretty much "customer feels vibration". The dealership is extremely cramped. Waiting area has cheap chairs and a small T.V. I've always felt the need to tip the service writer in an attempt to get my vehicle back still looking like a Challenger. Prior experiences prompted this. They take your car back behind in a filthy cramped service area. Waited there for almost three hours and then was told I would have to leave the vehicle for a couple days. Get called the next day and the twenty minute recall is done and as far as the vibration, I've told this story before but in a nutshell, they did not know that 6-speeds do not have MDS and signed off the vibration as MDS working properly even after I proved to them that there is no MDS in my car. I asked about some other work I wanted done in the future and if I would need certain parts. They wanted me to email the Service and Parts managers which I did but never received a reply so they lost out on that business as well.

My last Chevy experience: Needed to take my new 2014 Silverado in for two recalls (this is what happens when you get the first year of a new model. Those foaming at the mouth for a 2015 Challenger take note). Also figured I'd get the first oil change and tire rotation since the first four service visits are free. Made an appointment online. They confirmed. Took it in, also had a concern about the muffler. Service writer gave me lots of info, took the vehicle right in said it would be about two hours. Waiting area is spacious, large comfortable seats, two big screen T.V.s, excellent coffee bar and snack area. There is a large picture window where you can see your vehicle being worked on. Very clean and organized service bay area. I had no stress as I do when I drop off a vehicle with Dodge. Everyone acted like they actually had their excrement gathered (think about it). Two hours later as promised vehicle done with both recalls, oil change, tire rotation and muffler question answered. Vehicle came out just as it went in bodywork wise. Bottom line, no fuss no muss, professional and I'll be back to spend money there.

So, why can't Dodge have the same standards? Or is it all up to each individual dealership to set standards?

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
My dodge dealership is awesome. The service writer and manager works well with me. The facility has a nice tv and is clean with free coffee. They do charge $$$$$ for the work but I have only praise for Arrigo fort pierce

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing. I wouldn't mind paying a premium if I was assured the job would be done right, on time and without damage, and where an appointment means something. I guess there's two attitudes out there. One says lets maximize profits for this month, the other says lets get a huge return customer base and look at the long term sustainability.

·
Registered
449 Posts
There are 2 C.J.D dealers here 25 miles apart in suburbs of Okc both owned by the same man both have the same name, one which is just a couple of minutes from my house I wouldn't take a beat up rusted out Yugo to get the tire pressure checked, the other which is the one I drive the 25 miles to use is 5 star all the way don't hesitate handing my keys over I think its just who is running the show

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 2 C.J.D dealers here 25 miles apart in suburbs of Okc both owned by the same man both have the same name, one which is just a couple of minutes from my house I wouldn't take a beat up rusted out Yugo to get the tire pressure checked, the other which is the one I drive the 25 miles to use is 5 star all the way don't hesitate handing my keys over I think its just who is running the show
Amazing! You'd thing corporate would periodically check out the dealerships and say to the bad one's hey, you guys are giving us a bad name and loosing business.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Service wise locally I'd rate my dealerships (big 3)

1. Ford
2. Chevrolet
3. Dodge

Family has had a F150, one of the best service experiences we have ever had...made my brother wish his Camaro was by Ford..
Chevrolet, Not as good as ford, but VERY AWESOME.
Dodge, I don't go there unless its warranty work or I want a dodge part.. I live 10 mins from Dodge and would rather drive 30 to a small mechanics shop that i like for that sort of thing.. Service people at dodge know me by name, but I still prefer the other places...Ive had to call them to find out if my car was ready after its most recent warranty work..along with they didn't call my brother for 2-3 months to tell him his tail light was in for his charger to be replaced.. Its easy to slip through the cracks i find there. At my "normal" shop, i can sit out in their lounge or take a gander out back at my car on the lift, or sit back where they chill when taking a break and watch..but they're family friends so I guess that helps eh? They're oil changes are 5 dollars more than dodge, but its pretty much 1/2 the time (or feels like it) plus i can walk less than 100ft and grab a pizza next door.

I just find Dodges Service Dept. Lacking from what I've seen, experienced and heard.

Shifty

·
Registered
449 Posts
It like Mjb stated the one close is all about making the sale, the do make some great end of year deals but once they have your money they could care less if they ever hear from you again and its rampid through every department

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
My dodge service department falls square in the middle of what you describe...not terrible, not superlative

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Hall Jeep, Chrysler Dodge in Virginia Beach

Is better than the BMW/Audi/VW/Mini dealership. They have a "No appointment Speed Line" for oil/change and routine service. They also cover under warranty, Mopar parts (except blowers) that they install.

·
Registered
449 Posts
When I had my F150 my dealer had the fast service lane , I loved it, you could go in Saturday morning between 8 and noon for an oil change and be out in usually less than 30 minutes , had free bagels and coffee plus they would run it through the car wash when they were done, which I didn't use unless my truck was really dirty because it was black and they didn't use spot free rinse but if they did
wash it after I asked them not to the service manager would get the guys to go out and wipe it down for me. Then to top it off the following week you would get a coupon in the mail for a $9.95 oil change did this for 6 years

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Amazing! You'd thing corporate would periodically check out the dealerships and say to the bad one's hey, you guys are giving us a bad name and loosing business.
The five star will be forfeited if they give bad service. He knows he can't perform the same level as the other dealership or he's got a big problem.

·
Super Moderator
14,214 Posts
Besides the personnel, it also depends on the age of the dealership's facility. My Dodge dealer hasn't upgraded his dealership in 45 years. On the other hand, all of the local Toyota dealerships have state-of-the-art facilities with spacious waiting areas with coffee, donuts, laptops, and free car washes.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Besides the personnel, it also depends on the age of the dealership's facility. My Dodge dealer hasn't upgraded his dealership in 45 years. On the other hand, all of the local Toyota dealerships have state-of-the-art facilities with spacious waiting areas with coffee, donuts, laptops, and free car washes.
Sounds like this once except that this Auto Mall was first constructed in 1988. But the owner of this dealership also has many other brands. Based on the tiny size of the property, I'm guessing he swapped brand locations a while back. This may have housed some upstart brand back then and since there is a large Dodge dealership on the other side of town, maybe he did not expect great things from this one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
One of the things I learned a while back that has since influenced my decisions is, that all of the service writers are on commission. There pay is based on what dollars they bring into the dealership. Now I know why a lot of them don't write down the symptoms that I tell them about, only the problem or issue.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is it still Jim Click? If so, those guys are clown shoes!

When I moved to Tucson after college, my car was damaged by the movers. Having a dad who was a Midwestern dealer mechanic, the only solution was take my new car back to the dealer for service. Well four trips later, I finally settled for their excess DA scratched, heavy overspray repair. The first go around they missed some of the damage while the paint work they did on the hood looked like a honey baked ham. The hilarity just ensued from there...

None the less, I never went back! What a joke! Sorry to hear things have not improved.

I wish my Dodge service department was like my Chevy one. We have an "Auto Mall" here in Tucson. A long drive with all car dealerships. At one end is a Dodge dealership. At the other a Chevy dealership. As far as the service experience goes, might as well be on different planets. The contras is stark.

My last Dodge service experience: Had a recall for the seat connectors and had a vibration. Went online and set up an appointment. They were supposed to get back with me but never did so I called to set up the appointment. Made the appointment at opening time so there would be a chance that 30 minutes worth of work for the recall at least could be done in ten hours. No such luck. Specified to the service advisor about the vibration exactly when, where, how, speed, not RPM related, grade of road, swapped tires, everything so we would not waste time troubleshooting things that did not need to be trouble shot. Service writer puts down nothing as detailed, pretty much "customer feels vibration". The dealership is extremely cramped. Waiting area has cheap chairs and a small T.V. I've always felt the need to tip the service writer in an attempt to get my vehicle back still looking like a Challenger. Prior experiences prompted this. They take your car back behind in a filthy cramped service area. Waited there for almost three hours and then was told I would have to leave the vehicle for a couple days. Get called the next day and the twenty minute recall is done and as far as the vibration, I've told this story before but in a nutshell, they did not know that 6-speeds do not have MDS and signed off the vibration as MDS working properly even after I proved to them that there is no MDS in my car. I asked about some other work I wanted done in the future and if I would need certain parts. They wanted me to email the Service and Parts managers which I did but never received a reply so they lost out on that business as well.

My last Chevy experience: Needed to take my new 2014 Silverado in for two recalls (this is what happens when you get the first year of a new model. Those foaming at the mouth for a 2015 Challenger take note). Also figured I'd get the first oil change and tire rotation since the first four service visits are free. Made an appointment online. They confirmed. Took it in, also had a concern about the muffler. Service writer gave me lots of info, took the vehicle right in said it would be about two hours. Waiting area is spacious, large comfortable seats, two big screen T.V.s, excellent coffee bar and snack area. There is a large picture window where you can see your vehicle being worked on. Very clean and organized service bay area. I had no stress as I do when I drop off a vehicle with Dodge. Everyone acted like they actually had their excrement gathered (think about it). Two hours later as promised vehicle done with both recalls, oil change, tire rotation and muffler question answered. Vehicle came out just as it went in bodywork wise. Bottom line, no fuss no muss, professional and I'll be back to spend money there.

So, why can't Dodge have the same standards? Or is it all up to each individual dealership to set standards?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
The BEST automotive service department customer service I ever had was at World Kia in San Antonio...yep Kia...go figure.
Good customer service has FAR more to do with the individual franchise owner than the brand.
Pride is built...it doesn't come prepackaged with a name...well maybe Ferrari

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
Let me quess Spirit.

·
Registered
550 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts